makeing single player more fun

Jessica

I have no problem with Single Player being fun. In fact it is my only mode of play. A have a few mods to help me out (Stone Crusher, Pearl Bed etc) and a few more that will change the game to how I like it (Pirate mod, Small Dragons, occasionally Raptor Claus) and overall I do not find this game boring and I have put nearly 600hrs into it since I started!
If you are finding it boring, try something new!

Same here. I like my single player. I can immerse myself in the game and really feel alone on a desert island. That is the trick of having fun in this kind of game. I am still afraid of using mods as if someone creates a mod and suddenly stop upgrade it so it works with the patches coming it may just ruin the game you are playing and may have to start over. Maybe after a while I will try it but right now I like to go with the regular game.

19 minutes ago, Perrin Aybara said:

The game was designed for PvP Multiplayer. PvE and SP will always be on the back burner because the majority of the pop plays the game like it was intended.

right, it was really intended for online play, but i feel singleplayer might start becoming more popular at this rate.  too many people having way too many issues online.  i contemplated playing online until reading the nightmares alot of people have, alphas being tamed into bases and leveling everyones goods, trolling annoying players...etc

sucks to hear :(

1 hour ago, Grimlock98 said:

right, it was really intended for online play, but i feel singleplayer might start becoming more popular at this rate.  too many people having way too many issues online.  i contemplated playing online until reading the nightmares alot of people have, alphas being tamed into bases and leveling everyones goods, trolling annoying players...etc

If you play on a PvP server there are ways to counter these issues. True, it takes time and effort, but I know for a fact that no alpha's are getting into my base and anyone who wants to steal my stuff is going to have to work pretty damn hard to get it. If time is an issue for you (it is for me too) form a good tribe. You'd be surprised what a good group of people can accomplish in a relatively short amount of time on this game if the spend that time wisely.

1 minute ago, Perrin Aybara said:

If you play on a PvP server there are ways to counter these issues. True, it takes time and effort, but I know for a fact that no alpha's are getting into my base and anyone who wants to steal my stuff is going to have to work pretty damn hard to get it. If time is an issue for you (it is for me too) form a good tribe. You'd be surprised what a good group of people can accomplish in a relatively short amount of time on this game if the spend that time wisely.

yes time is a huge issue, literally there are days i dont even get on, and somedays i get on for only a short hour.  thats the only reason i play single player. i am old school MMOs, i enjoy them, but times have changed lol.

Just now, Grimlock98 said:

Everquest 1 for me LOL.  which is why im all about building right now, grinding for things?  shoot that dont bother me at all LOL

WoW was my main vice... 8 years subscribed. Canceled my subscription last year after playing Ark so that'll tell you something about this game.

1 hour ago, Perrin Aybara said:

Runescape FTW! ;)

I still play RS occasionally, just to see how times have changed. I started that one when it was Beta (similar to what Runescape Classic is now). Wow. Memories. Though I've also played WoW.

On track with this topic, however.

Devs have said they are adding things like backstory and questing aspects to the game. Surely, that will help if people are finding SP less than entertaining.

• 11 months later...

Hi everyone. Im glad i found this thread. I too am having trouble finding things to do to keep single player fun. Dont get me wrong i love this game but it just seems to get repetitive after awhile.. I have been doing Ark video on my youtube channel and started scorched earth.. After awhile i just run out of ideas for videos. So if anyone has any ideas that would be a good idea for some videos it would be greatly appreciated and i will give you a shout out. Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, BriggzGaming said:

Hi everyone. Im glad i found this thread. I too am having trouble finding things to do to keep single player fun. Dont get me wrong i love this game but it just seems to get repetitive after awhile.. I have been doing Ark video on my youtube channel and started scorched earth.. After awhile i just run out of ideas for videos. So if anyone has any ideas that would be a good idea for some videos it would be greatly appreciated and i will give you a shout out. Thanks in advance

Videos showing people doing stuff solo without God mode, crazy mods, etc seem in short supply.

I don't have a ton of time to watch videos or search for them), but when I do I'm usually ddisappointed.

On 2/17/2016 at 8:01 AM, Macleod01 said:

I have no problem with Single Player being fun. In fact it is my only mode of play. A have a few mods to help me out (Stone Crusher, Pearl Bed etc) and a few more that will change the game to how I like it (Pirate mod, Small Dragons, occasionally Raptor Claus) and overall I do not find this game boring and I have put nearly 600hrs into it since I started!
If you are finding it boring, try something new!

On 2/17/2016 at 0:52 AM, Lionheart said:

There are too many mods you can choose from to spice up your single player. 

Glad I found this thread as well.. I think some of you should make a game suggestion in that forum to suggest things to make it more fun. I play single player a lot and well.. I get bored very quickly now a days.. Started from very start of xbox one release.., and sadly mods will not work for xbox users so there isn't a way to spice it up.

On 2/17/2016 at 8:29 AM, Grimlock98 said:

i rock single player as well, the only thing i want is to have 1 maybe 2 friends join and thats it.  but i also want it to be a 24/7 so we arent reliant on each to be on to play.

i changed alot of options that have greatly increased the fun, like more harvesting...etc

You should probably make a game suggestion or post that in Q&A? Having a SP that is on all the time will be nice (and people won't wait for one to be on)

On 2/17/2016 at 9:50 AM, Grimlock98 said:

I only play single player since that's where I went when I first started and trying out online was just to laggy for me haha. 

3 hours ago, BriggzGaming said:

Same problem I have too.. It does get pretty repetitive when on SP.. I posted on this PVE game suggestion that it could probably work with single player users.. https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/148549-pve-weekend-of-chaos/ Ark should add more things for just pve and single player users.. 

For single player I have this problem which I tame dinos and get a base then I am completely safe and finish with the game.., just gets to boring to continue.

i have done a couple run thrus on single player and tend to find it boring after a while. i played my first  round when everything vanilla and after i got a stone base  and built a few things i got bored. The second time i played i used a few mods better lifestyle conditions basically  built up to metal turrets and all that but found no point  as dinos are no threat and dont attack metal bases randomly.  Ive done all the exploring i can do on the island so i know where i wanna build etc. the only time i use sp now is if im attempting a build in a new spot and i wanna see what fits where and how much stuff  ill need for playing online

4 hours ago, Jtmorris said:

No flyers. Need obsidian? Climb a mountain, haul it back. 

Challenge

No flyers is an interesting idea. There really is zero threat once you've tamed a good pteranodon because the carnivores can't reach you. My friends and I are level 30-45 and a couple of nights ago we tamed a high level rex just by me flying over it and him hitting it with tranq arrows. Now we have a stone base and a high level rex I don't see the point of continuing - the challenge is over. The likelihood of being attacked by an alpha carnivore that can get through stone is very slim.

Weekend of chaos

I really like the "PvE weekend of chaos" idea (https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/148549-pve-weekend-of-chaos/). Unless the dinos are ganging up on your base then there's no point building it up. I'm surprised there's not a simple mod that makes the dinos team up on your base every so often. It seems like the easiest and simplest way to make PvE fun. 

Mods

Talking of mods, can anyone recommend the best mods to increase the PvE/single player challenge/threat into the end game? I know mods like Annunaki are popular but I'm not sure I want something that is such a conversion of the base game and would prefer something simple. I thought bush peoples was the answer but it seems buggy and a nightmare to set up!

Archived