Never post anything here goto reddit.

MidjitThud

2 hours ago, MidjitThud said:

........anything that doesn't shine a good light on there game gets deleted here.

I doubt that.

Everything about this game is as buggy as flies on "stuff". Everybody knows it and are willing to discuss it, and resolve it. 

Why? Because we get to tame dinos and ride them and hunt down fellow man with them...etc....

With very limited information on what you are talking about specifically:

There are many posts here bashing, or at the least where the OP will state their frustration/ level of disappointment/ dissatisfaction with Wild Card. I don't know everything related to your exact situation but to say, "anything that doesn't shine a good light on there game gets deleted here" is a stretch. If you are just trying to make a point and exaggerating I get what you are trying to say the only issue is that you discredit yourself when your main argument isn't based on fact.

Your post has made it this far, would you like to try again perhaps? Maybe summarize the issue? Not trying to be rude or disrespectful btw.

27 minutes ago, MidjitThud said:

anything that doesn't shine a good light on there game gets deleted here

You are free to criticize or disagree with WC (or anyone else) as much as you like on these forums, as long as you abide by the forums guidelines concerning things like no foul language or personal attacks.

7 minutes ago, Iimmy said:

It's pretty well known that the moderators on here are terrible. Just use reddit. 

it's true, we are horrible people that delete anything critical of us.  >:(o.OxD

36 minutes ago, MidjitThud said:

anything that doesn't shine a good light on there game gets deleted here. 

Follow the forum rules and your stuff won't get deleted and you won't get banned. Simple concept.

This forum is chock-full of anti-Wildcard rants and diatribes, many of which are wildly insulting to the developers and borderline psychotic. (which makes me wonder what you must have posted) You came to the forums looking for a fight and you lost because you broke the rules. Next time try not doing that. That, or go back to 4chan Lite where everything is rainbows and butterflies. lol

Guest DJRone89
27 minutes ago, MidjitThud said:

This will probably also be deleted, but i spent 2 hours putting my 7k hours of ark experience into words before i went to be last night and anything that doesn't shine a good light on there game gets deleted here. Is this really the kind of company you are?

Anything that breaks the community guidelines will disappear into the abyss. I just wished those involved on the thread new they had broken them, other than the this topic is unavailable error page. Hard not to make the same mistake again if you aren’t told what it is.

Make sure you read those guidelines too while you’re at it. On that note...

• Volunteer Moderator

Yup go to reddit, where all the positive posts about ARK get downvoted to oblivion.... I guess you'd think the sites are both polar opposites.

But as others have said, if you stick to the rules, and cut out inappropriate language etc you'll be fine. No rant ever needs foul language. Foul language in a rant will have the opposite affect of what you want. You clearly want to get a point across when ranting, but the moment I see foul language i look away because you clearly don't have anything substantial so throw swearing into beef it up. Now if you want a rant to actually be paid attention to then be respectful, and it won't be at any risk of being moderated and will likely be read with interest. This goes for any community you are in, not specifically this one.

This forum is full of WC bashing.  Ask anyone that had their stuff deleted for cursing and/or making personal attacks on the developers and others, and they will all say they were just sharing their experience and facts, nothing but facts!  "Help!  Help!  I am being persecuted and censored!"

I get tired of reading an endless string of theories about how WC is incompetent, taking bribes, or cheating because they play too.

If you actually have something of value to say then try to do it without angry ranting, cursing, or personal attacks on WC and the devs,  and I am sure we will all get to see it.

3 minutes ago, BoboOfTheFriendlies said:

This forum is full of WC bashing.  Ask anyone that had their stuff deleted for cursing and/or making personal attacks on the developers and others, and they will all say they were just sharing their experience and facts, nothing but facts!  "Help!  Help!  I am being persecuted and censored!"

I get tired of reading an endless string of theories about how WC is incompetent, taking bribes, or cheating because they play too.

If you actually have something of value to say then try to do it without angry ranting, cursing, or personal attacks on WC and the devs,  and I am sure we will all get to see it.

Lol that's not the only reason people get banned.. I know what your saying and agree but pointing it out to the ***cough*** white fluffy stuff failing from the sky ***cough*** making those threads will also do it..

*sitting here.. really curious what was originally posted to cause this threat to even be born.. probably not as good as I imagine it to be...but still can't help but wonder..* 

I mean with "7K hours" of game play who knows what the topic could have been about, maybe we should start a new thread guessing what it was and the OP can send the correct guesser a prize? That's like playing 24 hours a day non stop for 10.5 months.. I think?

I am happy to play for like 8 min (straight) before one of my kids needs something or my wife realizes she could be asking me to do something for her.. haha. My game play is like play for 3min, change a diaper. Play for 6min, clean up a mess. Play for 2min, make a snack. Play for 7min, get something out of the attic. I am a little envious to say the least.. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, MidjitThud said:

This will probably also be deleted, but i spent 2 hours putting my 7k hours of ark experience into words before i went to be last night and anything that doesn't shine a good light on there game gets deleted here. Is this really the kind of company you are?

Go ahead, I give you full permission to post what "was deleted", in this thread. I'm curious and my staff wont touch it.

Then once you post it i'll outline every rule you break to show others what we don't tolerate.

EDIT: Never mind, I've found your hidden post and it's FILLED with profanity. So there's your answer.... and also the moderator that hid your profanity filled thread didn't even give you any warning points... so consider yourself lucky.

However, please keep in mind that starting another thread ranting about moderation (which you should be using the forum support to discuss) and also telling people to pretty much boycott this site is a sure fire way to get banned. So keep that in mind. 

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.... now, let's all go back to working on and enjoying ARK!

56 minutes ago, SirPeter said:

*sitting here.. really curious what was originally posted to cause this threat to even be born.. probably not as good as I imagine it to be...but still can't help but wonder..* 

I mean with "7K hours" of game play who knows what the topic could have been about, maybe we should start a new thread guessing what it was and the OP can send the correct guesser a prize? That's like playing 24 hours a day non stop for 10.5 months.. I think?

I am happy to play for like 8 min (straight) before one of my kids needs something or my wife realizes she could be asking me to do something for her.. haha. My game play is like play for 3min, change a diaper. Play for 6min, clean up a mess. Play for 2min, make a snack. Play for 7min, get something out of the attic. I am a little envious to say the least.. 

That's so true of my gameplay as well... I usually have to wait until they are all asleep first

2 hours ago, GP said:

Yup go to reddit, where all the positive posts about ARK get downvoted to oblivion.... I guess you'd think the sites are both polar opposites.

But as others have said, if you stick to the rules, and cut out inappropriate language etc you'll be fine. No rant ever needs foul language. Foul language in a rant will have the opposite affect of what you want. You clearly want to get a point across when ranting, but the moment I see foul language i look away because you clearly don't have anything substantial so throw swearing into beef it up. Now if you want a rant to actually be paid attention to then be respectful, and it won't be at any risk of being moderated and will likely be read with interest. This goes for any community you are in, not specifically this one.

What you say is true but it doesn't change the fact that you have an abundance of clearly younger  and over zealous power mad mods on here.

Lets not forget the certain mod that likened the flyer nerf criticisms to sexual abuse, Those who saw will know what I mean and I won't repeat it.

Or you know getting a warning off a mod, then another mod warning for the same post, when explaining that it has already been warned you get a <shug> "I don't care"

Anything remotely critical about the game, even if its somewhat constructive is moved or deleted. Critical of mods, forget about it, even constructive criticism you'll be lucky not to be permabanned upon return. 

like it or not at least reddit is neutrally moderated to a degree. Positive posts downvoted to oblivion? and? that's the thing with a democracy people vote up and down based on their opinion. It stops over zealous mods just deleting anything critical. You know, like bugs and issues that are prevalent, undermeshing, aimbotting, duping or even making metal out of berries :D it's hilarious. These issues should be upvoted and visible rather then some 11 year old posting "ark is graet!"" 

Bottom line is, the reputation of the moderation on these forums is widely known to be questionable, biased and over the top.

It would take a lot of hard work to turn that around, there's some good eggs here as mods, but one rotten loaf of bread will spoil the whole bread bin, and there's several very rotten ciabattas  loafs of bread.

@Iimmy I have no idea/comment about the amount of "over zealous power mad mods" here, or "flyer nerf criticisms" you reference or the "another mod warning for same post" but I do want to point out that your statement below

9 minutes ago, Iimmy said:

Anything remotely critical about the game, even if its somewhat constructive is moved or deleted. Critical of mods, forget about it, even constructive criticism you'll be lucky not to be permabanned upon return. 

Is proven untrue within this same thread as I have quoted with @Ranger1 who handled criticism quite well.

3 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

You are free to criticize or disagree with WC (or anyone else) as much as you like on these forums, as long as you abide by the forums guidelines concerning things like no foul language or personal attacks.

it's true, we are horrible people that delete anything critical of us.  >:(o.OxD

Not saying all mods are perfect and that the ones that do well are perfect all the time (everyone is human man c'mon) . You are clumping them all together so in that context your statement is not valid. Off the top of my head I believe I have seen instances in the past where @GP has handled criticism well and if needed I am certain could be referenced. I think it's important to hold each other accountable and keep the information being stated accurate and honest. It's one thing to be playing around as I like to from time to time but this doesn't appear to be in that context and only spreads negativity.

2 minutes ago, SirPeter said:

Not saying all mods are perfect and that the ones that do well are perfect all the time (everyone is human man c'mon) . You are clumping them all together so in that context your statement is not valid. 

And with that you clearly didn't read my post.

there's some good eggs here as mods,

there's some good eggs here as mods,

please at least read the post before reacting to the first line of a post. 

• Volunteer Moderator
32 minutes ago, Iimmy said:

What you say is true but it doesn't change the fact that you have an abundance of clearly younger  and over zealous power mad mods on here.

What do you base this assumption on that we have an abundance of clearly younger mods? You making stuff up to fit your claim? Just seems odd to me that you personally have no personal knowledge of the Mods ages yet you claim to "clearly" know the mods are young.

3 minutes ago, GP said:

What do you base this assumption on that we have an abundance of clearly younger mods? You making stuff up to fit your claim? Just seems odd to me that you personally have no personal knowledge of the Mods ages yet you claim to "clearly" know the mods are young.

Because as we all know, when we disagree with someone, they must be a child ;)

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Because as we all know, when we disagree with someone, they must be a child ;)

Ah yes of course, I see that a lot. Quite often when that happens it is because it is a child that is doing the disagreeing and they then assume the other person is a child too, but you know what assuming makes.

Archived