The future of Ark, after Extinction?

Guest DJRone89

How about bug fixes and a overhaul to the building system that's been needed since day one early access.   That's been my main concern that alot of issues still remain even though the game is apparently done with dlc.  Also s+ was announced a year ago.  And no real push by them to get it in the game.  These issues are holding me back from getting extiction when it launches on Xbox.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see them start to clean the game up. Bring the S+ they promised like a year ago to console. Bring life improvements to ark like  stackable foundations and triangles to easier build circles on uneven ground. 

There so many great mods and a massive following for ark on the ps4 and Xbox. I know I would pay for S+ on my Xbox. I love it on pc like the steampunk mod, the stack mod, the narcotics plus, and sooo many more.

Fix meshing and duplicating bugs and glitches. There needs to be serious enforcement of the ark code of conduct. 

I love ark on pc it’s how I fell in love with this game. I play it on Xbox with friends and nieces who don’t have a pc. But I wish they could experience ark like I do.....

Ark should take a long break from DLC's. They should stop announcing paid things for a year or two. I wouldn't buy an Ark 2. What I hope they do is maybe take a couple steps back from the sci-fi theme, add some more dinosaurs as there are more niches to be filled, further optimize the game, try and detoxify their community a bit if at all possible and just work on the already good product that they have. The ending of Extinction *Spoilers ahead. Stop Reading if you have not already seen this* looks like it could lead into what may be an exciting new DLC (and hopefully not a new game). IT would be cool to have a truly expansive map, even if that means looking back into, and refining procedural generation.

Honestly, Ark is one of the most entertaining time sink game I know of. It sure has its fair share of bad points most of us already know and experienced, it's actually quite bad compared to other games, however, the fact that we are still here proves that the entertainment value is so good, that we can somehow bear with how horrible it is. 

I don't think I'd buy Ark 2 if it comes out, but if they add more DLCs, I'd take them. I play on official, both PvP and PvE and the character progression you get from starting from scratch with your character on a new DLC with everyone finding out how things work, where to find stuff... The first few months that has no transfer in are the most enjoyable to me. Then when you beat the alpha boss and the repetition settles in, the opening of the transfer allows trading/invading to shake things up until next DLC. So, I'd much prefer DLCs. 

However, this is just my wishful thinking, but I'd like to get least one water centered DLC and one cold centered, could be both in one too. 

I hope there's another free map, like ragnarok, including all the aberration creatures (and maybe a map exclusive one like grffins/ice wyverns).

It's only fair, since SE creatures, except phoenix, are available for free, even though the dlc/map had to be paid when the SE stuff was first released. Now it's time to get those aberrant creatures out there for everyone to tame. 

Well , before any more content I would like to see 2 things. 1. Proper bug fixing of long outstanding bugs. I would like to see them take a few months now with just bug fixing and nothing else. Even on old maps like Island and even with basic game mechanics there is still a lot of issues.  2. There is still outstanding content that must still be put in place , for example S+ ( or the very few parts of it that they will allow ) being integrated into the game.

As I said in another post:

The end of days for mega-tribes by players/tribes strong enough to gather resources necessary to take back and wipe said mega tribes? 

Or is it just a "new map" for people to build kibble farms on and control with resource blocking - cause this doesn't make sense, with all the other maps used for that purpose. 

Combine Extinction with the horrors of Aberration and I can see Ark being a much more dynamic environment across the board vs the old days with 1 tribe ruling an entire server....

What happens next? What's Ark's future? Its a good question - but it would have to be something pretty earth-shattering compared to all that WC has done already. As far as that goes, there is a lot of "fixing" to do first.... Otherwise a totally new "game" in general. 

Based on my opinion of Extinction "as-is" - I think this is the end and I think it will be a glorious end. However there will also be a new beginning for those who learn the basic mechanics and move up the ladder as quickly as possible to Extinction....

Otherwise........"Resurrection"? Resurrection of what after extinction?

11 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

I know it probably wont ever happen but it would be nice to see The Center get some love now. Such a beautiful map it just lacks a few things. Doesnt need much to be honest but it would be nice to see it get spawns like wyverns and/or griffin or even its own native spawn e.g. water wyvern.

I would kill 9 different ways for a water wyvern. 

8 hours ago, FraggleRock said:

The end of days for mega-tribes by players/tribes strong enough to gather resources necessary to take back and wipe said mega tribes? 

I always enjoy when people say this, without realizing how silly it sounds in a vacuum.

You want extinction to provide you, as a solo player, with some mechanic that allows you to take on potentially hundreds of experienced people. Solo. 

It doesn't make any sense. Anything they give you, the Mega tribes will also have, except by virtue of numbers alone, it will benefit them more. 

My guess is that Ark has been squeezed like the last drop of a ketchup bottle, making that well known farting sound. WC has made their money. They’ll move on to Ark 2 and or Atlas sooner than later for more profits just like any other studio. As for me, no more money for WC. The way they have conducted themselves with releasing a DLC on an EA game, terrible PR and constantly missing overly optimistic deadlines has made me lose interest in future titles. Ark is a fun game but the devs are terrible at execution. 

6 hours ago, iAmE said:

I would kill 9 different ways for a water wyvern. 

I always enjoy when people say this, without realizing how silly it sounds in a vacuum.

You want extinction to provide you, as a solo player, with some mechanic that allows you to take on potentially hundreds of experienced people. Solo. 

It doesn't make any sense. Anything they give you, the Mega tribes will also have, except by virtue of numbers alone, it will benefit them more. 

Weren’t you the one crying over the Mek having the possibility to hurt bigger tribes?

5 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Weren’t you the one crying over the Mek having the possibility to hurt bigger tribes?

No, I had issues with the Mek because it was broken. Not that it had the possibility to hurt bigger tribes. It was a mechanic in the game that had absolutely zero counterplay in any capacity.

Though yes, most things that allow you as a solo player to beat potentially hundreds of players on equal or greater footing then yourself, is usually broken. The Mek never fit that description, but you were almost a little correct. 

5 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

They are somewhat nerfed now. And if the tribe has 10 active all day around, one mek can at most fire twice at a shield before being spotted and dispatched in the following 30s with various means including using cryopoded mek. 

13 hours ago, iAmE said:

I didn't say for me as a solo.

I am saying that so far it appears Extinction provides resources to be shipped back to fight mega-tribes. So far Extinction seems to do exactly that. Of course the mega-tribes will do the same. Turning the tables against mega-tribes, while evening out the player-base. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 8:47 PM, ZombiePlague said:

I would love to see them start to clean the game up. Bring the S+ they promised like a year ago to console. Bring life improvements to ark like  stackable foundations and triangles to easier build circles on uneven ground. 

There so many great mods and a massive following for ark on the ps4 and Xbox. I know I would pay for S+ on my Xbox. I love it on pc like the steampunk mod, the stack mod, the narcotics plus, and sooo many more.

Fix meshing and duplicating bugs and glitches. There needs to be serious enforcement of the ark code of conduct. 

I love ark on pc it’s how I fell in love with this game. I play it on Xbox with friends and nieces who don’t have a pc. But I wish they could experience ark like I do.....

What are you talking about these bastards don't have mods for Xbox one!! where can you find them? Please, do you know how to get mods for Xbox one?!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2018 at 2:08 PM, Guest DJRone89 said:

I would also love to see a water based map as it was my failed prediction for Extinction. I said to maybe have a part underwater, and a part snowy sort of map, with its own gameplay mechanics. The snowy parts could just simply be giant icebergs similar to The Island map but on a grander scale.

Again I’m exclusively on console so if this was made into a mod, it would have to be sponsored and implemented into the base game.

Have you noticed.  All the dlc's lacked in the water department.  Would be cool to see evolved water creatures above the crab and bulbdog.  There has been no new sea creatures except the giant leed tha make boats continue be useless.

13 minutes ago, Darkprince388 said:

Have you noticed.  All the dlc's lacked in the water department.  Would be cool to see evolved water creatures above the crab and bulbdog.  There has been no new sea creatures except the giant leed tha make boats continue be useless.

Ragnarok has the largest body of water and there’s no Leeds for maximum boat usage however there is too much space between creatures on the map in general, let alone the water.

On 4/12/2019 at 10:33 PM, SaltyMonkey said:

Ragnarok has the largest body of water and there’s no Leeds for maximum boat usage however there is too much space between creatures on the map in general, let alone the water.

Not sure if you agree with me or disagree but we are talking dlc not added mods.  Those are not made by the developer wild card.  In SE, ABB and EXT.  There have been nothing new in the water department made by ark team itself.  That's what I'm trying to get at.  To me I love ragnarok. 

Archived