The future of Ark, after Extinction?

Guest DJRone89

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Paroxyde said:

I mean, I can live with broken codes. I have faith in humans, people, don't use exploits~. I'm sure the problem have just been solved by me. Faith in humanity.

There is a video, video which is prohibited on these forums but that can be easily found on other websites that talk about Ark.

Such video shows that even with version 277 the same issues still exist. So...I unfortunately do not have faith in Wild Card to fix issues nor in other players to not exploit these issues. 

Guest chancho33015

Can someone explain me how can there be an Ark 2 when ark one...Doesn't have a story? I mean...a relevant story. Sadly the story is so irrelevant that there are only a few people who have put a video together explaining...attempting to explain the story. But the writers did such a bad job on the story...it doesn't allow itself to be explain.

I mean, the delivery of the story is not important to the gameplay...perhaps that is why no one cares.

But it is clearly just bad writing and story implementation to the actual gameplay.

I think if they want to make Ark 2 they have to understand that this game is a fail in the storytelling and a win in the platform they created.

If they want to make a better game they need to hire people who have a big imagination. Ark itself if we are honest is nothing but a copy of Jurasic park in its essence. What is great about this game is the environments and the ability to do just about anything. Gameplay! However, future DLC will struggle I think since honestly doesn't push the game story wise anywhere as you are playing the game so the only motivation is he people you play with.

Also, is it me...or the only reason we all love this game is because we can do just about anything? Lol I mean, I can complain all day about ark...but still love it. Lol

1 hour ago, chancho33015 said:

Can someone explain me how can there be an Ark 2 when ark one...Doesn't have a story? I mean...a relevant story. Sadly the story is so irrelevant that there are only a few people who have put a video together explaining...attempting to explain the story. But the writers did such a bad job on the story...it doesn't allow itself to be explain.

I mean, the delivery of the story is not important to the gameplay...perhaps that is why no one cares.

But it is clearly just bad writing and story implementation to the actual gameplay.

I think if they want to make Ark 2 they have to understand that this game is a fail in the storytelling and a win in the platform they created.

If they want to make a better game they need to hire people who have a big imagination. Ark itself if we are honest is nothing but a copy of Jurasic park in its essence. What is great about this game is the environments and the ability to do just about anything. Gameplay! However, future DLC will struggle I think since honestly doesn't push the game story wise anywhere as you are playing the game so the only motivation is he people you play with.

Also, is it me...or the only reason we all love this game is because we can do just about anything? Lol I mean, I can complain all day about ark...but still love it. Lol

Man (as in human, as I will never assume your gender), you know why so few videos do it? Because the whole story is straight foward, there is nothing to be explained, just read the explorer note, you lazy dodo. I think someone is making video of himself reading them if you are too lazy to read them yourself.

And actually, quite a few of those videos do it VERY badly (especially thick freedom's, I think he has never read them, at all, and just quote other people, but misunderstand them, but made the video anyway. Or he is doing it on purpose to troll people.)

Guest DJRone89
5 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

Man (as in human, as I will never assume your gender), you know why so few videos do it? Because the whole story is straight foward, there is nothing to be explained, just read the explorer note, you lazy dodo. I think someone is making video of himself reading them if you are too lazy to read them yourself.

And actually, quite a few of those videos do it VERY badly (especially thick freedom's, I think he has never read them, at all, and just quote other people, but misunderstand them, but made the video anyway. Or he is doing it on purpose to troll people.)

Anthomnia has some good Ark lore and theory videos which helps dissect the notes to better explain the story. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy reading the notes myself though I haven’t actively tried to uncover them all yet.

But the point of this thread is that even if the story ends with Extinction, there’s no reason for the developers to abandon any future DLC’s/content - just make it non canon.

19 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Anthomnia has some good Ark lore and theory videos which helps dissect the notes to better explain the story. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy reading the notes myself though I haven’t actively tried to uncover them all yet.

But the point of this thread is that even if the story ends with Extinction, there’s no reason for the developers to abandon any future DLC’s/content - just make it non canon.

I was more reacting to this:

And I'm fine as long as Helena keeps doing her dossier thinggy... I really like her for this... Best waifu Helena. :Jerblove:

Someone should be waiting for all DLC to be released and make a physical book of them. Not in the plastic feeling paper, but good old paper like the one in your granparent's library.

Guest chancho33015
Well I am not a woman lol but...how can you tell me is fine...when all the explorer notes say personal experiences which don't follow a time line lol last book a read without a time line made by random quotes put together from random people in the story created a mess called Christianity lol jokes aside... I mean... just random quotes outside of chronological order never makes for a good story...much less one that people can underatand. And yes... I happen to be one of the idiots who actually read them lol

14 minutes ago, chancho33015 said:
31 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

Well I am not a woman lol but...how can you tell me is fine...when all the explorer notes say personal experiences which don't follow a time line lol last book a read without a time line made by random quotes put together from random people in the story created a mess called Christianity lol jokes aside... I mean... just random quotes outside of chronological order never makes for a good story...much less one that people can underatand. And yes... I happen to be one of the idiots who actually read them lol

Wait what? how can you not tell the timeline? Are you reading them in order? I hope you are not reading them Helena #1 then Helena SE #1.... Or reading all the Helena's at once.

You have to read them by map. Read in numerical order per person by map. Which means you read all those from the island first. 1 through 30 of each person. Then Scorched earth, then aberation... Wiki did a decent job presenting it lately (it was a recent formating update).

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Explorer_Notes

All explorer's have different focus on different events, while sometimes, like in Aberration: one tell what happened before (Diana), during (Mei Yin + Helena) and after (The 4 undergraduates that pass on chronologically the notebook). The only exception being Skye.

Guest chancho33015

ingame order. no one picks the notes in order while playing the game...god..of corse you can put things in order after you collect them all...but if the game just throws them randomly on the map...takes away from the whole story line timeline. I mean, if i give you 1 story, brake it into 1000 quotes numbered from 1 to 1000... how many people you think is going to pay attention to the story? i think people by the 10th  quote would give up on trying to organize that while trying to play lol LOGIC 

Guest chancho33015

ingame order. no one picks the notes in order while playing the game...god..of corse you can put things in order after you collect them all...but if the game just throws them randomly on the map...takes away from the whole story line timeline. I mean, if i give you 1 story, brake it into 1000 quotes numbered from 1 to 1000... how many people you think is going to pay attention to the story? i think people by the 10th  quote would give up on trying to organize that while trying to play lol LOGIC 

Guest DJRone89

There is a section on the UI just for notes. All you need to do is collect them.

Guest chancho33015

precisely my point. First collect them...which unless you cheat and go online you will find them very slowly...then you can read them. By that point you only see the notes as 2x xp and not as something that tells a good story. keep in mind that unless you cheat and go online you will not find them all anytime soon. 

the story gets lost due to bad implementation to game. 

and not a great story as a lot of things are not answer...like...A LOT!

• 3 weeks later...

To me, it depends on when they considered the game age. If they're considering it from Release date, not early access. 2-3 DLCs seem very low for the potential of this game. I think it would be easier to simply add more DLCs (and hopefully but skeptical) fix the bugs with this game. Profits would be higher instead of creating a whole new game, and Time would be saved as well.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Demerus said:

maybe Kibble Rework

That’s getting worked on alongside the dino TLC. They’ll update us when they have something to update us with.

• 8 months later...

I'm new.  I have no idea what you are talking about.  Speak more plainly.   Is there going to be another DLC or a new game; or both?  What does that entail? 

As far as an Ark 2 my vote is WAY NO.  There is nothing wrong with this ark and dinosaurs are here where they belong.  If the devs want to make another game they need to look into something not dino.  My suggestion is a werewolf vs vampire in a medieval pioneer setting.  Focus on character customization.  Use of pets since the devs already excel in this.  Only the pets be like bats and pack animals.  Maybe promise to add witches and broomsticks, catmen/women and lotristic elves as future races.  Hint at more furry races in future dlc's (preternatural were's like ratmen or  mermaids, draconians etc).  Instead of flying mounts the vamps/draconians should have flying abilities.

Build castles and defend.  Have pvp and pve servers.

Do not make an Ark2.  People are going to get bored of that repeat assembly.  And you will have everyone leave Ark1 while you struggle to pay it's bills (learn from FFXI & Everquest's mistake).  That make a sequel works only if your game is only a single player.  MMORPGs stay the responsibility of the game corp forever so they need a forever plan.

On Friday, February 09, 2018 at 4:52 AM, Paroxyde said:

Mostly hugs \(=°o°=)/

On pvp, I mostly trade in exotic tames that I know I can't keep anyway like unicorn, troodons, phoenix, eels in exchange for theri eggs. You might as well want to go with theris to get all alphas done, it's a bit tricky to do dragon with rexes. And they are very good beast of burdens whereas Rexes.

Why are you insistant on making it a pvp vs pve issue? Or even bring this up at all? It isnt the purpose of the thread youre just derailing it with your stupidity.

@Dj

I hope they keep it going after. By the way, has it released yet? Dont have cash to buy dlc so ill be living vicariously through the forums hah.

9 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Why are you insistant on making it a pvp vs pve issue? Or even bring this up at all? It isnt the purpose of the thread youre just derailing it with your stupidity.

@Dj

I hope they keep it going after. By the way, has it released yet? Dont have cash to buy dlc so ill be living vicariously through the forums hah.

@Dj

Lol. That account doesn’t exist any more...

1 minute ago, d1nk said:

I was trying to tag your guest post then it wouldnt let me so I just did @dj cause I knew youd look :P 

My cover is blown... lol. DM me on here or check out the club for server news dude.

As for the severly old topic, I do remember a few crunches ago that once Extinction had released they would look to revisit old projects so here’s to hoping for a new update on S+ integration, kibble rework, Dino TLC etc in the next few months.

1 minute ago, SaltyMonkey said:

As for the severly old topic, I do remember a few crunches ago that once Extinction had released they would look to revisit old projects so here’s to hoping for a new update on S+ integration, kibble rework, Dino TLC etc in the next few months.

Fixed. I honestly havent turned on my xbox for weeks. I did my own looking for release time, wasnt meaning to try and pry info :P Didnt know the bit about hidden sry :₩ 

14 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Fixed. I honestly havent turned on my xbox for weeks. I did my own looking for release time, wasnt meaning to try and pry info :P Didnt know the bit about hidden sry :₩ 

Be sure to check out the club. I still post all server news there. You only need the Xbox app on a mobile device to access it, turning on your Xbox is not necessary.

It’s my duty as a host to keep the community up to date with all things Ark, despite not playing the game myself, hence my activity on the forums.

Archived