The future of Ark, after Extinction?

Guest DJRone89

Guest DJRone89

This thread isn’t about game fixes but additional content after the last paid DLC.

The story may end with Extinction but I’d like to hope that there will be a greater push for more sponsored mods to become integrated into the base game, especially for console players like myself who don’t have access to traditional mods.

SOTF may be dead but will a revamped version be viable for the future? Maybe they revisit Primal Survival, or a completely new game mode?

What would you like the devs to turn their attention to in the future, content wise?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ark in space. 

Extinction you restore a tek civilization to it's glory. The ARKs and the overseers that overthrew their creators are not happy and deploy defense mechanisms. Spacecrafts and drones to the earth's surface carrying all sorts of terrors.

The civilization restored has a propulsion launch pad for launching crafts into space, but all the blueprints for any spacecraft have become corrupted and do not work. So what are you to do?

Being the Ingenious survivalist you have proven yourself to be, you start slapping tek suits on dinosaurs, strapping them to the propulsion pad, and you launch them and yourself into space to stop the incoming invasion!

Notable features in space would be the rex roar, which does absolutely nothing because sound doesn't travel in a vacuum. 

The bronto has a tailswipe, that after you use it once the bronto spins in space indefinitely. Because inertia.

Strangely enough, sea creatures launched into space don't require tek suits because they lack an oxygen stat. Breathing was never a problem. Who knew? Shame about the lack of water, tho. They die Instantly.

Guest DJRone89
25 minutes ago, RasFW said:

Ark in space. 

Extinction you restore a tek civilization to it's glory. The ARKs and the overseers that overthrew their creators are not happy and deploy defense mechanisms. Spacecrafts and drones to the earth's surface carrying all sorts of terrors.

The civilization restored has a propulsion launch pad for launching crafts into space, but all the blueprints for any spacecraft have become corrupted and do not work. So what are you to do?

Being the Ingenious survivalist you have proven yourself to be, you start slapping tek suits on dinosaurs, strapping them to the propulsion pad, and you launch them and yourself into space to stop the incoming invasion!

Notable features in space would be the rex roar, which does absolutely nothing because sound doesn't travel in a vacuum. 

The bronto has a tailswipe, that after you use it once the bronto spins in space indefinitely. Because inertia.

Strangely enough, sea creatures launched into space don't require tek suits because they lack an oxygen stat. Breathing was never a problem. Who knew? Shame about the lack of water, tho. They die Instantly.

Reminds me of that South Park free willy episode.

Guest DJRone89
38 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

They said either they make Ark 2 or maybe a few more DLCs depending on how well Aberration is received. I don't even know which of the two choices will be if aberration goes well...

I hope for more DLCs... At least one dedicated to underwater biome...

I would also love to see a water based map as it was my failed prediction for Extinction. I said to maybe have a part underwater, and a part snowy sort of map, with its own gameplay mechanics. The snowy parts could just simply be giant icebergs similar to The Island map but on a grander scale.

Again I’m exclusively on console so if this was made into a mod, it would have to be sponsored and implemented into the base game.

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, PuffyPony said:

Probably focus on bringing older content up to par (i.e. more dino DLC, imprinting/breeding mechanics, etc), more porting of the Sponsored mods, and maybe an extra DLC or two is my best bet. I don't think we'll see ARK 2 for a few years at least

I agree. Besides, I wouldn’t want to see another game yet when we haven’t seen the full potential of the current one. The game is only 3 years old with most of that time in early access. For them to release the final paid DLC and move on would be a waste of a good opportunity.

As a host, content is what keeps your community active.

Yeah I hope they start ark 2, while still making dlc for this game until a few months before release. 

We don't even need loads of crazy new animals and resources every dlc 

Just a new map, reskin a set of armour for the map, and maybe some different looking building pieces and we're good. Don't need ascention every dlc, or even new bosses, make new maps have all three island bosses standard. Its so easy they would be crazy not to make more dlc. 

They don't even need to make anything new themselves. How many people would buy a £20 map pack with three new maps and no new content? I'm betting most people, they could just use any three mod maps already made for that, would hardly cost anything. They could repourpose legacy to make space for new maps on official. Win win. It doesn't even matter if the new maps are horribly unbalanced as balance has long since went extinct. Only need to compare rag to the island. 

I think most people that have put thousands of hours into this game and played since early development will pretty much buy anything that wc adds as dlc, myself included. They would be mad not to cash in, the hard parts done, games made released and popular, selling maps is the easy and probably most profitable part. 

It seems everyone wants an underwater  map , myself included , that should be the next dlc , people have been calling for it for ages it would be a top seller . Ive never seen anyone ask for a radioactive cave full of aliens and that must have been much more complex to make than a sea map.

I think if a sea map with limited land to spawn on you should have an option to spawn adrift , where it randomly spawns you anywhere on the map on a wooden raft with 1 hp .  

Guest DJRone89
26 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

It seems everyone wants an underwater  map , myself included , that should be the next dlc , people have been calling for it for ages it would be a top seller . Ive never seen anyone ask for a radioactive cave full of aliens and that must have been much more complex to make than a sea map.

I think if a sea map with limited land to spawn on you should have an option to spawn adrift , where it randomly spawns you anywhere on the map on a wooden raft with 1 hp .  

Do people with Tek really utilise underwater bases? This would be a great opportunity for the devs to put emphasis on that part of the end game. Primitive+ already has the pontoon bridges so you could take that construct and build floating bases.

2 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Do people with Tek really utilise underwater bases? This would be a great opportunity for the devs to put emphasis on that part of the end game. Primitive+ already has the pontoon bridges so you could take that construct and build floating bases.

The problem with tek underwater base is that it needs to be powered by tek generator... Which makes the whole base VERY expensive to keep not flooded.

35 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

The problem with tek underwater base is that it needs to be powered by tek generator... Which makes the whole base VERY expensive to keep not flooded.

On my tek base I made the pen out of metal so it'sfull of water and i can keep tames there then in the middle of it is my 4x4 tek vacume base where I have beds and vaults in the dry bit , it can run off generator on low and and one alpha brood keeps it running for ages.

7 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

On my tek base I made the pen out of metal so it'sfull of water and i can keep tames there then in the middle of it is my 4x4 tek vacume base where I have beds and vaults in the dry bit , it can run off generator on low and and one alpha brood keeps it running for ages.

Not everybody can run alpha brood though... What if he can only run gamma brood >.>?

15 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

Do it three times ? Or get better rexs ? 

Gamma gives 10 elements. You would need to do it 8 times to match alpha.

Better rex? Really? I'm doing it with dilos. *facepalm*

I guess you are either playing in PvE or Single player. Have you ever tried to keep rexes alive and long enough to start combining stats on a PvP server? It takes about 5 months to have your own breed of rexes suitable for Alpha bosses. 5 months, means you either are very lucky no one raided you OR you are on legacy in one of the forgotten servers.

(Just so you know, I do them just fine in PvE officials. I am also on a PvP server, and trust me, unless you are buddy with the alpha tribe, you will never be able to grow until alpha boss killing. At most, it's gamma/beta broodmother with wild tame Megatheriums, and if you are lucky, alpha. Though, I'm buddy with the alpha tribe, so it's fine for me.)

2 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

Gamma gives 10 elements. You would need to do it 8 times to match alpha.

Better rex? Really? I'm doing it with dilos. *facepalm*

I guess you are either playing in PvE or Single player. Have you ever tried to keep rexes alive and long enough to start combining stats on a PvP server? It takes about 5 months to have your own breed of rexes suitable for Alpha bosses.

(Just so you know, I do them just fine in PvE officials. I am also on a PvP server, and trust me, unless you are buddy with the alpha tribe, you will never be able to grow until alpha. At most, it's gamma/beta broodmother with wild tame Megatheriums, and if you are lucky, alpha. Though, I'm buddy with the alpha tribe, so it's fine for me.)

You can like buy the best stat rexs off facebook etc , 5 months to make your own line , 20 turrets to buy someone else' line.

And yeah on pvp you need to be friends with the alpha or part of the alpha alliance to get anywhere , but if your not friends with the alpha you don't need tek or underwater bases as your gonna get wiped anyway .

3 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

You can like buy the best stat rexs off facebook etc , 5 months to make your own line , 20 turrets to buy someone else' line.

And yeah on pvp you need to be friends with the alpha or part of the alpha alliance to get anywhere , but if your not friends with the alpha you don't need tek or underwater bases as your gonna get wiped anyway .

If you bought the line, they are not "your" rexes. I mean, you could buy alpha runs but you will not have "done" them.

20 turrets >.>? who uses turrets in PvE?

45 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

If you bought the line, they are not "your" rexes. I mean, you could buy alpha runs but you will not have "done" them.

20 turrets >.>? who uses turrets in PvE?

I mean buy the eggs for 20 turrets and raise them yourself , I don't play Pve I don't know what  you trade in over there , maybe hugs and fairy dust 

8 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

I mean buy the eggs for 20 turrets and raise them yourself , I don't play Pve I don't know what  you trade in over there , maybe hugs and fairy dust 

Mostly hugs \(=°o°=)/

On pvp, I mostly trade in exotic tames that I know I can't keep anyway like unicorn, troodons, phoenix, eels in exchange for theri eggs. You might as well want to go with theris to get all alphas done, it's a bit tricky to do dragon with rexes. And they are very good beast of burdens whereas Rexes.

On 2/8/2018 at 1:30 PM, RasFW said:

Ark in space. 

One tail swipe and the bronto spins in space indefinitely. I legit laughed for a solid minute with just a visual in my head. 

1 hour ago, powerstuck said:

With all the stuff happening, it's Ark 2 or nothing. What's the point in putting more DLCs when there is clearly a problem within the base game code. Problem that seems quite impossible to fix no matter what devs say. 

I mean, I can live with broken codes. I have faith in humans, people, don't use exploits~. I'm sure the problem have just been solved by me. Faith in humanity.

Archived