Favorite part about maps?

Gogohorse

Hi, I personally really like reading about what people like about maps so, what is your favorite part of each map? (Ragnarock and center not included)

here is what I think

scorched earth- I like it because you get dangers other than just Dinos. I also like the dunes.

the island- I like that we can have a snow area and a normal area (snow ark anyone? Like frozen earth or somthing)

abberation- gotta be the old railway cave, you can progress and still be in a happy area.

I don't haven't boughten any DLC, so I will talk about the Island, Center, and Rag.

The Island: There is everything to love about this map. It's the original, it has a variety of things, and was a very nice introduction map to this game all those years ago when it was in early access. Since I have been playing for 2-3 years when it was in early access on Xbox, I have by far the most hours on the Island.

The Center: I never really like this map, and have only done around 30 minutes on the Center.

Ragnarok: This map, in my opinion, is the most well-made map, and the best looking. It has a little of every map besides Aberration and adds some cool new creatures while adding in most others form old maps. It is by far my favorite, and have many good hours on here.

The Island: While it might not have the largest variety of biomes, the biomes are larger, and feel more complete, than on other maps, and I feel like there’s a much smoother biome transition than some of the other maps. I also like that the landmarks are simple, and more discrete, rather than huge and epic, makes it feel more natural.

The Center: The ruins, the tropical tiki/fantasy vibe, the lightning during storms. 

Ragnarok: The highlands, the canyons (both the central ones and the ones in the desert area), and the glaciers full of caves and tunnels.  

Scorched Earth: My favorite thing to do on this map is to climb up a high mountain or other vantage point, and look down at the stunning view below. I also love the dunes, especially at night.

Aberration: The bioluminescent marshes with all the glowing plants reflecting on the water is probably the most beautiful sight in all Ark. The radioactive region and the liquid element’s pretty neat, too.

Speaking of maps, I’m curious to see what the Extinction dlc will bring in terms of biomes, textures, etc. 

Island:  here is a long river between the Vulcano and the "old" snow biome (Whitesky now) with some waterfalls. This is my favorite part of Island. I love to build glass houses on top of whichever waterfalls and above river with many-many colorful artifacts under the glass cellings (ofc in PVE :D )

Center: Underground World, ofc, this is the most beautiful part of this map, and the Cliffside Cavern's Ice castle beautiful too, but almost on every server some retards building inside of the ice castle and they ruin the sight. :/ 

Scorched Earth: I don't see any beauty in this map. The SE is desolate, barren, sands and predators everywhere. I don't like to live here, it's just about survival and tame, nothing else. 

Ragnarok: I really don't like this map, because here is everything (SE animals as well, SE materials too, cave animals on surface, etc) it's too easy for a veteran players. I know, nice and big, but meh, I leave it to someone else.

1 hour ago, NajaNivea said:

Scorched Earth: I don't see any beauty in this map. The SE is desolate, barren, sands and predators everywhere. I don't like to live here, it's just about survival and tame, nothing else

It’s not that SE doesn’t have beauty, it’s that it’s got it in its own way, like the rad zone of abberation. But the part about only survival and taming is probably the reason SE has become less popular.

Island. Is the nicest map, lush forests and the best swamp, most realistic mountains and the best underwater, feels like a real place, the island is what I think of when I think of ark. 

Centre. I love the underworld, no matter how many people in my tribe alpha or just trolls etc we always end up living in the underworld fighting off the rest of the server. Most metal and decent access to all resources so best for base building, nice high levels so good for breeding and nice easy caves that I can take a bear into. 

Scorched. I love the dunes, I never really go  the centre of the map, just fly round the edges, get metal etc from green obb, first day on scorched I  was building a pyramid in the desert while all my tribe was scared of death worms. I liked the 200% speed argys to get eggs but that's ruined now. I also liked pvp on. Scorched before transfers ruined it. 

Abberation. I like the blue biome. Looks nice good resources, good challenge, and lots of useful Dinos to Tame. The rest of the map is poo. Should have made all abb the blue zone the rest is so bland. 

Ragnarok. Didn't like it that much. It's always cold, way too hilly and way too big, so it's annoying to travel around on. Resources are too scattered, dragon scar on middle of map is just annoying as you get random dragon attacks all the time, scorched being part of it Completely ruins scorched and de values dragons. Caves aren't that Impressive and the water is boring. Indestructible trees in the swamp is gay. Everything feels like it's being given too you. Free carrots for dodo kibble and horse taming, free spoiled meat for narcotics and free oil even in the snow there is oil rigs. Murder snow is just annoying as it makes you have to fly around it. Volcano area is just silly with too many mantis makes poly farming a joke and the boss is too easy and gives too much element. 

Archived