5a7b713a0478b_SMALLMEGALANIA.thumb.png.b0cfde3a1680c6c9f7eab2553e5c75b7.png

Hello people of survivetheark, this is my first post so bear with me here :). I've been thinking about it lately after I tamed a lvl 130 Megalania, I absolutely love the look of these guys and prefer their  size to Rock Drakes as well as their model. I understand that Rock Drakes are meant to be the Aberration equivalent to Wyverns but weaker, so I'm not saying the Megalania has to be nearly that strong or have a special ability on the "C" key like Wyverns Grab/Wingflap. The megalania as it currently stands cannot inflict MegaRabies to non-player/dodo creatures so their main "debuff" isn't' valuable at all in PvE, the megalania has two attacks one being a bite and one being a slash.The Megalania's bite does 10 dmg and slash does 18 dmg the bite is faster than the slash probably being able to get 2 bites to 1 slash. The Megalania is considered a "small" category dino along with creatures like Terror Birds,Direwolves and Raptors, The Raptor being arguably the weakest out of the nimble small class mounts does 15 dmg per bite and attacks rather quickly, compared to the Megalania I would estimate the Raptor could get in 1-2 more attacks on a target. The Raptor and Megalania seemingly have similar speed with the Raptor being faster but the Megalania can climb walls and ceilings. The Megalania has far better weight and health than the Raptor which is a huge plus and almost equals out. The main issue lies in the damage, the megalania can't hold its own to many different creatures. A 229% melee damage Megalania has trouble killing mate boosted jerboas it takes 3+ hits on each, the place you tame these guys, the difficulty of the tame (amount of narcotics) and the lvl (73) you learn the engram + the fact that its' saddles are in red drops really shows that they were meant to be strong. Megalania are tamed in caves (exlcluding Ragnarok) where many other swarms of dangerous creatures lie, on the island they are most abundant in the Swamp cave which is arguably the 3rd hardest cave on the map meaning this isn't just a Raptor you tame at lvl 20 and move on. I really love the TLC updates coming out so far and hope to see many more, my main hope is that they can keep the model as it is and just adjust stats to be more fitting to the creature. TL;DR Megalanis are meant to be strong, which they are but they lack the damage. 5a7a59ea32b74_megalaniasalad.thumb.png.81835347ec14ffe2db1ee98a9018e740.png

-Zinogresword/Teostraclaws :)5a7b6e8030bbc_megalaniasmallsalad.thumb.png.f5e529a01b82a4c7dc19336381b827ed.png

19 minutes ago, DrChicken24 said:

True, it would be better if the mega had some buffs to stats. If it can't take down those jerboas, it is seriously underpowered.

Don't get me wrong the base health and weight are amazing and scale well, the issue is those don't matter if it isn't mobile or can't do damage like putting it at like 18 bite/24 swipe would solve some issues hopefully I'm not sure though, thanks for responding :)

I agree. their damage sucks hard. Also another bonus is the standard ones actually do not take radiation damage. It is probably the only standard aberration excluded Dino that doesn't take rad damage. However not everyone can take eggs over but  was a surprising factor. They should either be very fast to run away or have damage to stand their ground..but then again you can easily climb up and avoid ground dinos. Though rock drakes and flyers will always bee your downfall 

I'm a die-hard fan of using Megalania for caving over anything else.  As much as I'd love them being stronger,  I think it is unnecessary.  They are capable of handling bats and are better served as a cave mobility and tank mount.  Take a shotgun,  and avoid all that you can.  Nothing is safer than killing a dino from where it can't reach you. 

However,  further research into the species brings in this quote from sources documented at Wikipedia.

"The venom in these lizards have been shown to be a hemotoxin.  The venom would act as an anticoagulant and would greatly increase the bleeding the prey received from its wounds."

Therefore if there was to be balancing done to improve the Megalania's ability to hold its own,  I'd think a bleed effect would be sufficient.