Ark: Extinction - Homo Deus

Daedros

24 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

So... Let me get this straight... You think that the same race that has technology to clone, digitize, and transmat biological creatures in an instant wouldn't have the capabilities to show an image as if you were simply looking through a pane of glass into the arena itself? You are going back and forth with limiting this fictional race based on our own current limitations, which is shown in the next post where you imposed the bandwidth and data through puts of current technology on them for purposes of transmitting and transmatting the biological creatures.  The aberration notes specifically talk about Rockwell falling into the lair of the "Guardian" and assuming it's role.  They also talk about Diana's crew descending from the platform on the trip back.  Two very distinct details that confirm what I said earlier:  boss arenas are subterranean and the stations are aerial. 

Not at all. Never even mentioned about any guardian, the only guardian mentioned is by the undergraduates, which refers to Rockwell.

"In his fury, Rockwell created a hole in the cavern floor, and with one final blow, Mei Yin forced him through it. She nearly fell in herself, but I managed to catch her arm just in time. Thank God I did. If she'd fallen…"

And the platform they are refering on the trip down is the power core of the Ark that powers the obelisk that they needed to shut down to avoid being bombarded to death. Nothing to do with our friend Rockwell.

Why would they do this? Why fake the boss arenas? Then, are we even on space? Following your logic, it might all be just screens, you think they can't do that? It might very well be a faked environment and we are all in a pod à la matrix. IN A VIRTUAL ARK. They can put memories in you, you think they can't put the "ascension" thinggy into you? Have we ever really transfered? what if transfering just kills you and an other clone is made in an other ark with your memories, then added the "memory" of being transfered. So, let's just say those glass panels are genuine. Have Ark ever decieved us? Or even need to? They can just change our memories.

If we were in the flesh, nothing would make sense. For the sequenced teleporting we see though the cinematics we would need to be litterally frozen in time to not die from it which means we would have felt it was an instant teleportation anyway, a far cry from the implant scratching motion we do.

However, if we were virtual: cloning, digitalizing and downloading biological creatures makes much more sense, we are but data, we can be sequenced, copied and transfered, even "materialized" in the virtual arks. Much like VR menu, the cinematic we see is the visual interpretation to allow users to "comprehend" they are in the midst of being transfered.

1 hour ago, Paroxyde said:

Not at all. Never even mentioned about any guardian, the only guardian mentioned is by the undergraduates, which refers to Rockwell.

"In his fury, Rockwell created a hole in the cavern floor, and with one final blow, Mei Yin forced him through it. She nearly fell in herself, but I managed to catch her arm just in time. Thank God I did. If she'd fallen…"

And the platform they are refering on the trip down is the power core of the Ark that powers the obelisk that they needed to shut down to avoid being bombarded to death. Nothing to do with our friend Rockwell.

Why would they do this? Why fake the boss arenas? Then, are we even on space? Following your logic, it might all be just screens, you think they can't do that? It might very well be a faked environment and we are all in a pod à la matrix. IN A VIRTUAL ARK. They can put memories in you, you think they can't put the "ascension" thinggy into you? Have we ever really transfered? what if transfering just kills you and an other clone is made in an other ark with your memories, then added the "memory" of being transfered. So, let's just say those glass panels are genuine. Have Ark ever decieved us? Or even need to? They can just change our memories.

If we were in the flesh, nothing would make sense. For the sequenced teleporting we see though the cinematics we would need to be litterally frozen in time to not die from it which means we would have felt it was an instant teleportation anyway, a far cry from the implant scratching motion we do.

However, if we were virtual: cloning, digitalizing and downloading biological creatures makes much more sense, we are but data, we can be sequenced, copied and transfered, even "materialized" in the virtual arks. Much like VR menu, the cinematic we see is the visual interpretation to allow users to "comprehend" they are in the midst of being transfered.

It's currently assumed that the ARKs are an experiment to discover a way to recover from a global extinction event. Simulation of life will not render the same results as actual life, be it cloned or otherwise. Also, who said anything about faking the boss arenas or deceiving the survivors? The arenas you see are likely just an advanced surveillance for the creators to view what is happening. I also didn't say the platform itself had anything to do with Rockwell, but rather the fact that Rockwell's defeat leading to ascension is likely caused by the destruction of said platform. 

4 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

Have you ever copied ark to an other disk? Or any games or movies? Now tell me how long it would take to copy a human filled with DNA data from one ark to an other? Cutting you into packets and sending you bit by bit, just like the cinematics...

Actually, physical teleportation should be the instantanious one, because if you are not teleported "whole"... Well... Let's just say it would be bad.

You can copy as much as you want in parallel. And yes, teleportation kills you and reconstructs you on the destination. This is most likely how teleportation would work, if it gets ever invented. The whole ascension animation is not realistic, it's just a game cinematic. It does not make any real sense no matter how you look at it, it would never happen like this.

• 9 months later...

Here is my problem with the hologram ordeal in extinction the element can only corrupt ORGANIC creatures and extintion isn't an ark it the earth it doesn't have the ark systems so there for we can't be a hologram due to the fact that the ark system couldn't project us if it is non existent we are just clones of Helena(female) and Santiago (male) that don't have the memories that were created to help take the planet back from the corruption

• 3 months later...

Ummm, this took me a while to type because I’m on mobile, and had to remember all this, so yea

Alright, soo I think we are Homo Deus. Evidence? Alright, ya asked for it. As the end of the island said, salients are exticnt. Homo Deus is the EVOLVED FORM of Homo Sapien, hence the name, Ark: Survival EVOLVED. We are playing as an evolved form. Also, we Homo Sapiens can’t just become more strong, or healthy at a moments notice, the implant helps with the Godlike form that Homo Deus is. And, if ya notice, Homo Deus is Karin for Man God. Punch a tree. DAMAGE, but not like how it is in the game, continue punching that tree, it will NEVER FALL DOWN, because you are not a perfectly engineered human. I think the Arks ARE ran by Homo Deus at a higher level. The overseer has killed them, because they were organic. Different. If you look at the Homo Deus skin in Extinction, you look nothing like it at norm. And extinction, given the name, probably is about the Extinction of Homo Deus, since it was so endangered. Bitta explaining there, butyea. We, and the Dino’s are PERFECTLY EGINEERED, to be PERFECT. We ARENT clones, but original, organic, man-made life. And us becoming Data? I mean, this is the FUTURE WE TALKIN BOUT HERE. We could’ve figured out how to turn organic life forms into Data, and vice versa. Pokémon did it too, the Pokémon are organic, living things, which are then “Digitized” into data for compact storage. Still organic, yet not. Ascension could essentially be the Player evolving FURTHER. I mean, cmon.

• 4 months later...
On 2/8/2018 at 2:39 AM, OrisRas said:

homo sapiens went extinct, homo deus is the clone version. there both sides are heard and explained :D

Homodeus is the digital form of human, it's what "the one who waits" is, who seems trapped inside the ark in some way, with almost infinite computing power at her disposal. Homo sapiens are cloned and transmitted to the ark as players, just like the survivors in the notes and diaries, made possible by advanced Tek. The one who waits suggests in her diary notes that she freed homo sapiens from death, either allowing survivors to respawn or just alluding to the fact that she cloned ancient long dead humans with their memories. Also, the implants manage inventories using Tek, and the dinosaurs have implants inside them per other explorer notes. So resources are in fact digital and it's not because the world is a "matrix".  It seems "magical" and unrealistic only because it's a technology beyond your understanding. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
I always thought that you are a homo sapiens while you are on the arks, but when you ascend from enough arks, that you would become homo deus. Like it is to test wich survivors are strong enough to ascend several times, those become homo deus.
If u have read the one who wait's notes on ext u would have known that helena is the last homo deus, and no one else can be as she shut the path down.

Archived