Few questions....

Fifakingz2580

On my SP world I can build at the portal / anywhere + many more spots and on my own server I cannot? Anyone else had this problem or noticed this? Any ingame or game.ini etc setting for it?

Hey, The 'H' key (PC) for hud (to show time of day / position etc etc) worked on SP and then I tried it on server and it doesn't and now it also doesn't on SP? Has this been patched out? Or is there a setting to enable it on my server?!?

Lastly...  The TV screens in Aberration aren't showing up on my server but they do on my SP game...?

Answers?

1 hour ago, Fifakingz2580 said:

On my SP world I can build at the portal / anywhere + many more spots and on my own server I cannot? Anyone else had this problem or noticed this? Any ingame or game.ini etc setting for it?

Hey, The 'H' key (PC) for hud (to show time of day / position etc etc) worked on SP and then I tried it on server and it doesn't and now it also doesn't on SP? Has this been patched out? Or is there a setting to enable it on my server?!?

Lastly...  The TV screens in Aberration aren't showing up on my server but they do on my SP game...?

1. Some places can't be built in multiplayer, which may be intended...? (Possibly to prevent griefers from blocking about mainly the connected parts)
  2. Did you check the key binding? If it doesn't work after one time in SP and thereafter, that could be the reason.
  3. That's weird. What is your graphic setting? I don't have that issue in multiplayer server.

30 minutes ago, Vaculity said:
  1. Some places can't be built in multiplayer, which may be intended...? (Possibly to prevent griefers from blocking about mainly the connected parts)
  2. Did you check the key binding? If it doesn't work after one time in SP and thereafter, that could be the reason.
  3. That's weird. What is your graphic setting? I don't have that issue in multiplayer server.

I was hoping that there was a setting that on a unoffical server (my own) that you could build anywhere (I can under that course of action on offical servers but on our own we should be able to build anywhere - I am shocked many others haven't complained about this or mentioned this issue)...  I have seen other Youtubers building where I can't on my server?!? I have found loads of secret spots and glitches and cannot share them with others if they won't work mostly on servers (and only on SP they will).

No I haven't...  I have not messed with those at all and didn't for SP either (it just worked on SP and doesn't on server).

What Graphic setting do I need on (on server) for it to show and I was sure I had a copy of SP settings for my server...

17 minutes ago, Fifakingz2580 said:

I was hoping that there was a setting that on a unoffical server (my own) that you could build anywhere (I can under that course of action on offical servers but on our own we should be able to build anywhere - I am shocked many others haven't complained about this or mentioned this issue)...  I have seen other Youtubers building where I can't on my server?!? I have found loads of secret spots and glitches and cannot share them with others if they won't work mostly on servers (and only on SP they will).

No I haven't...  I have not messed with those at all and didn't for SP either (it just worked on SP and doesn't on server).

What Graphic setting do I need on (on server) for it to show and I was sure I had a copy of SP settings for my server...

1. If there is a coding to enable that, someone might share.
  2. Then I have no idea. Often the reason why the binding suddenly stopped working is either because the key binding changed without being noticed, or the button is faulty in game.

Archived