7 hours ago, Xenithar said:

Jerryn, I was just joking about naming my castle up north in the snow area on the island "Castle Greyskull", then I hop on here and see your avatar. It made me chuckle. Also, triple-post?

Now, I see this has really divided the community. I guess it isn't as bad for those of us on private servers, but something should be done on official. Does it matter if you ban 40% of the population for cheating or if you lose 40% because they're pissed? Either way you stand to lose 40% or more of your player base. I'd suggest some even ground be found.

Oh now you have gone and done it. You have confused that disgrace for a super hero, He-Man, with arguably the greatest super hero and cartoon of all time, Thundarr the Barbarian and my faith in humanity is wavering on the breaking point!!!! Why dont you just confuse Huckleberry Hound for Hong Kong Phooey and finish me off.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, BoboOfTheFriendlies said:

Trying to discuss with emotional angry gamers is about as pointless as putting a Trump fan and a Hillary fan in the same room to find common ground.  What I see is a business doing their best to make the best product they can based on their vision, while trying to maintain a customer base comprised of people with very different views on pretty much every darn aspect of the product.  Over time I have seen groups of super angry people that hate WC try to get campaigns going to destroy their rating, and to scare off anyone thinking about buying the game.  A rational response would be to quit playing it.  As to the recent decision not to ban a very large portion of the PvP official player base, that makes pretty good business sense.  What they do next is what they do next, so getting upset about what you think might happen in the future is pretty silly.  They say this is a unique situation, so unless they say the same thing again there is no reason to believe otherwise.  The problem with buying into hate and conspiracy theories is that it breaks your capacity to think rationally, and everything you see is taken as proof due to confirmation bias.  If you are getting so upset and taking things so personally about a game it might be a good time to take a break and go to the park or something.

If you make promises, especially in exchange for money, you're on the hook to keep them. If you enter an industry with X level of delivery, you can expect to be measured by whether you are delivering up to that standard. "Just quit" is not a rational response when you believe you haven't gotten what was promised for the money you paid. The rational response is to return the product, only you can't because the software industry is still riding that "short term, maybe 5 years" immunity to consumer protection laws granted by Congress to "help the fledgling industry grow". That's why the "license agreement" fiction is still unchallenged.  And even though Steam now has a refund policy, it takes longer than 2 hours to learn enough about the problems to decide you want to stop playing and get your money back. 

And this is the result. Teed off people with no recourse to fix the problem that's bothering them will complain to each other and the public at large. Nothing new about that, and frankly the company that's disappointed them deserves the criticism. 

2 hours ago, lashton said:

how about you front up why cheaters were not banned or base wiped?

That's simple, and plainly obvious.

The wide ranging nature of the exploit would have likely resulted in the majority of people in the Official PvP being banned and/or base wiped. At this point, there is almost, if not absolutely no major power player in Official PvP, without ties to both exploits and cheaters. The developers have specifically and completely failed in enforcing the rules to any meaningful capacity, so most tribes have either gone into exploiting/cheating, or quit. It's literally that simple. 

7 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

To be absolutely clear here. The amount of people that have signed up on this forum let alone the few that post actively are a tiny tiny fraction of the player base. Less than 3% of the total copies sold on all platforms have accounts here. And most aren’t active. 

Then go look at the Reddit or Steam Discussion forums. Both of those forums have multiple times more users, and are fairly upset about it.

The major problem with the point you make is that you make the 3% number out to be a "Small" number with purposefully misleading context. Most people who bought Ark do not continue to play it. According to most SteamSpy, less then 10% (And continues to decline, if anyone was curious) of the ownerbase has played Ark in the last two weeks. So even if this forum, Reddit and Steam Discussion represents even 2% of the total ownerbase, that means that a total of 20% of the active playerbase is represented there. Which is a fairly effective representation of the entire playerbase. Then we go off into community segregation, and how "Big" is the community that this impacts. Official PvP, while one of the larger singular "Communities" in Ark, is not a large percentage of the overall ownerbase, it's fair to say that if 2% of the total ownerbase has presented its opinions on the subject (Negatively) that's likely a *very* large percentage of people compared to the number of people whom this impacts. 

You downplay it, and I don't claim that these opinions represent a "Majority" of players, but the numbers I've seen, which are fairly large for Official PvP drama, and the almost universal negative reception of it all, it's very realistic to say that this change has been negatively received by a fairly large, possibly even majority, of the players of whom it concerns. 

I don't endorse people trying to enforce their opinions through whatever fallacy "The majority" belongs to, but on the flip side, trying to marginalize opinions due to their "Minority" is equally bad. 

52 minutes ago, iAmE said:

That's simple, and plainly obvious.

The wide ranging nature of the exploit would have likely resulted in the majority of people in the Official PvP being banned and/or base wiped. At this point, there is almost, if not absolutely no major power player in Official PvP, without ties to both exploits and cheaters. The developers have specifically and completely failed in enforcing the rules to any meaningful capacity, so most tribes have either gone into exploiting/cheating, or quit. It's literally that simple. 

Then go look at the Reddit or Steam Discussion forums. Both of those forums have multiple times more users, and are fairly upset about it.

The major problem with the point you make is that you make the 3% number out to be a "Small" number with purposefully misleading context. Most people who bought Ark do not continue to play it. According to most SteamSpy, less then 10% (And continues to decline, if anyone was curious) of the ownerbase has played Ark in the last two weeks. So even if this forum, Reddit and Steam Discussion represents even 2% of the total ownerbase, that means that a total of 20% of the active playerbase is represented there. Which is a fairly effective representation of the entire playerbase. Then we go off into community segregation, and how "Big" is the community that this impacts. Official PvP, while one of the larger singular "Communities" in Ark, is not a large percentage of the overall ownerbase, it's fair to say that if 2% of the total ownerbase has presented its opinions on the subject (Negatively) that's likely a *very* large percentage of people compared to the number of people whom this impacts. 

You downplay it, and I don't claim that these opinions represent a "Majority" of players, but the numbers I've seen, which are fairly large for Official PvP drama, and the almost universal negative reception of it all, it's very realistic to say that this change has been negatively received by a fairly large, possibly even majority, of the players of whom it concerns. 

I don't endorse people trying to enforce their opinions through whatever fallacy "The majority" belongs to, but on the flip side, trying to marginalize opinions due to their "Minority" is equally bad. 

thre answer is obvious, wiped them all, or changer thier names to Offcial-Cheater servers

On 2/9/2018 at 8:27 AM, Captnmorgan said:

General reminder number 2. 

If you feel someone is cheating or abusing in game. Please contact support via the ticket system and provide any proof you may have. Posting names videos or openly accusing people on the forums is considered against the rules. Link to support located here.

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us

On 2/9/2018 at 5:15 AM, Captnmorgan said:

General reminder.

Videos or telling people how to exploit or cheat is not allowed on the forums. If you know of any way to cheat dupe exploit the proper method of sharing this with WC is either the support ticket system or the emails listed in the bug bounty thread. 

[email protected]
[email protected]

It's been a while, but I'm going to reply anyways.

Those means of communication do not lead to any fixes on anything substantial in any capacity and that is half the problem. There is no communication from where the reports go, to the developers. This whole exploit has been known about, commonly, for about a month and a half. Given, most people didn't know how to do it, but it was out there. There are videos of people emptying vaults without pins, spawning dinos without transmitter. Etc. For closer to two months, then one. 

This issue is bigger then the simply issue of that they fixed. The issue that they fixed, while large in magnitude, is passable. 

Here's the bigger of the problems;

Wildcard does not receive reports in a remotely timely fashion. This "exploit" was in common use for about six months. This exploit was commonly known about throughout the official PvP community about a month and a half ago when the first video surfaced of people spawning dinos and opening containers without the pincode. 

To further that, one of the steam IDs of a person exploiting it was also posted. That person remains unbanned to this day, and his tribe, untouched despite undermeshing and using this exploit to empty entire bases. 

Wildcard decided not to punish any of these cheaters. This exploit had a wide variety of effects. Some were far more destructive then others, and some people exploited this *far* more then others did. For instance, I could see them not banning people for crafting turrets or metal from berries. However, the people creating them, duping with them, meshing with them, raiding with them. People like the person I was referring to earlier, for instance. Those are the people that need  to be addressed, and Wildcard needs to start setting a consistent precedent on dealing with the cheaters. 

The official servers are a cesspool and realistically, these band-aids that Wildcard keeps applying, need to be rethought, or eventually they will just die out. Now, whether they should or not, is something else entirely. If it's Wildcard's plan to begin to end support for any official servers, then all of the above can be disregarded. The problem here isn't necessarily the problem, the dupes, the aimbots, the anything. It's Wildcard's complete inability to address them. In any fashion. That includes, but is not limited to, receiving and acting upon reports in a timely fashion, punishing cheaters in a consistent manner (IE not letting the same streamers keep streaming/playing Ark, despite having received bans before, or actually enforcing the bans placed on tribes whom have been, repeatedly mind you, banned.).

(To Capt; This wasn't necessarily aimed at you, more so at the content quoted within. While I understand deleting posts that discuss sensitive material, I do not understand referring people to take an action which, demonstrably, does not work, function, or even really contribute to solving the problem. It's a catch 22 to be sure, because the only way to get these bugs/exploits fixed, in all of Ark's history, has been to exploit them, widely enough, so that the developers are forced to address them. In that train of thought, the responsible thing would be to let people openly discuss the cheats/exploits, so that more people start doing them, so they get fixed, despite how distasteful it is. )

On 2/9/2018 at 10:27 AM, Captnmorgan said:

General reminder number 2. 

If you feel someone is cheating or abusing in game. Please contact support via the ticket system and provide any proof you may have. Posting names videos or openly accusing people on the forums is considered against the rules. Link to support located here.

I'm pretty sure noone is going to waste their time anymore trying to report cheaters since nothing is going to be done about it.

12 hours ago, iAmE said:

The official servers are a cesspool and realistically, these band-aids that Wildcard keeps applying, need to be rethought, or eventually they will just die out. Now, whether they should or not, is something else entirely. If it's Wildcard's plan to begin to end support for any official servers, then all of the above can be disregarded.

To me this is a pretty obvious conclusion, whether it's short term or long term. At some point all the DLC is going to be done and at that point WC has no direct monetary reason to continue supporting or evening paying to run official servers. I don't think they'll kill official the day they've decided sales for the last DLC have dipped far enough (it will probably play out like the great migrations on legacy), but companies don't spend money without a chance of making money so eventually Officials will be gone (or at least mostly, they could run a few dozen servers to save face).

Yes, they could rethink micro transactions or charge a membership to maybe strike a balance that allows for the financials of running officials continue to work out, but given WC's focus always on more content, the next cool thing, etc. I think they will immediately focus on getting another cash cow out into EA, be it Ark 2 or something else.

That, among many other reasons, is why I jumped to unofficial and just when I was thinking about giving official another run this news breaks. Timing couldn't have been better personally.

2 hours ago, Arkasaurio said:

To me this is a pretty obvious conclusion, whether it's short term or long term. At some point all the DLC is going to be done and at that point WC has no direct monetary reason to continue supporting or evening paying to run official servers. I don't think they'll kill official the day they've decided sales for the last DLC have dipped far enough (it will probably play out like the great migrations on legacy), but companies don't spend money without a chance of making money so eventually Officials will be gone (or at least mostly, they could run a few dozen servers to save face).

Yes, they could rethink micro transactions or charge a membership to maybe strike a balance that allows for the financials of running officials continue to work out, but given WC's focus always on more content, the next cool thing, etc. I think they will immediately focus on getting another cash cow out into EA, be it Ark 2 or something else.

That, among many other reasons, is why I jumped to unofficial and just when I was thinking about giving official another run this news breaks. Timing couldn't have been better personally.

Yeah. It's very similar to what they did during the last legacy migration, where they eventually just stopped supporting the servers and gave cheaters the go ahead to go full bore ahead and cheat as much as they want. 

The problem is, if that's their plan, they need to inform the entirety of the community instead of just keeping this pretense of "No Cheating". I know quite a few people would devote their time elsewhere if their plan is currently to stop supporting official servers akin to what was done in legacy. 

6 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Yeah. It's very similar to what they did during the last legacy migration, where they eventually just stopped supporting the servers and gave cheaters the go ahead to go full bore ahead and cheat as much as they want. 

The problem is, if that's their plan, they need to inform the entirety of the community instead of just keeping this pretense of "No Cheating". I know quite a few people would devote their time elsewhere if their plan is currently to stop supporting official servers akin to what was done in legacy. 

Unfortunately they don't need to do that, and would cost them a ton of money in future sales if they made an announcement like that. It might be the most ethical thing to do, but stake holders almost certainly care about maximizing the amount of money made. We might see announcement like that as justification for killing support in the future though, something like "We tried, we failed, we learned from our mistakes, but we're giving up on Ark, so everyone go pre-order Ark2." That's not a specific rag on WC either, that approach describes a ton of business.

However, I think between past behavior and the transparency they do provide this is reasonably obvious. All this cheating stuff aside, WC has no business model (imho) that allows for support of officials servers once people have mostly stopped buying new copies of the game and DLC. Also, all the exploits and outright cheating, if they were easy to fix they would have fixed them. Anyone who wants game longevity should be begging for either membership fees to play on official or micro transactions of some kind. However, I think WC has done (the probably correct) value analysis and realized they stand to make more money by focusing on content than ensuring a fair play environment as exploit like this has little impact on and plenty more recourse for the vast majority that play unofficial and single player.

3 minutes ago, Arkasaurio said:

Unfortunately they don't need to do that, and would cost them a ton of money in future sales if they made an announcement like that. It might be the most ethical thing to do, but stake holders almost certainly care about maximizing the amount of money made. We might see announcement like that as justification for killing support in the future though, something like "We tried, we failed, we learned from our mistakes, but we're giving up on Ark, so everyone go pre-order Ark2." That's not a specific rag on WC either, that approach describes a ton of business.

However, I think between past behavior and the transparency they do provide this is reasonably obvious. All this cheating stuff aside, WC has no business model (imho) that allows for support of officials servers once people have mostly stopped buying new copies of the game and DLC. Also, all the exploits and outright cheating, if they were easy to fix they would have fixed them. Anyone who wants game longevity should be begging for either membership fees to play on official or micro transactions of some kind. However, I think WC has done (the probably correct) value analysis and realized they stand to make more money by focusing on content than ensuring a fair play environment as exploit like this has little impact on and plenty more recourse for the vast majority that play unofficial and single player.

I can agree with that, though I still find it distasteful.

I've said before to more then a couple people that the only thing that can "Fix" Ark is a complete redesign from the ground up. From that perspective, I would expect to see an "Ark 2" at some point. Though I continue to have issues with the ethical failing of ending support to official servers without saying anything, and claiming the opposite, it does support what we've seen thus far, not just with this last incident, but with dozens of them prior, going all the way back to legacy. The thing being, I wonder how Wildcard really intends to host a game where they are so wholly ineffective in dealing with or providing the tools to deal with, cheaters. 

18 hours ago, iAmE said:

I can agree with that, though I still find it distasteful.

I've said before to more then a couple people that the only thing that can "Fix" Ark is a complete redesign from the ground up. From that perspective, I would expect to see an "Ark 2" at some point. Though I continue to have issues with the ethical failing of ending support to official servers without saying anything, and claiming the opposite, it does support what we've seen thus far, not just with this last incident, but with dozens of them prior, going all the way back to legacy. The thing being, I wonder how Wildcard really intends to host a game where they are so wholly ineffective in dealing with or providing the tools to deal with, cheaters. 

I agree it's distasteful. Business is gross, flat out, no way around that.

I don't think they really intend to host the game in a fair and openly competitive way. Ark official is never going to be some balanced, exploit free arena of open world competition. That's the vision maybe, but they've made woefully little progress in actually realizing that goal. Again though, as a company, you can't fall on the sword and declare your "Official" game mode entirely unfixable, at least until you are all done selling that product. To be honest, I think WC ended up in this spot from originally good intentions, they just reached way way too far if the goal was exploit free competition or even an especially stable game. There are a lot complexity to most everything going on in the game, and while it's tempting to write off as WC's developers not being good enough I think the mistake was much more in over reaching for whats truly possible with the engine and the technology. It's not as though there are tons of better options than Ark in terms of games in the genre. Moreover, there is a decent argument to be made that unofficial and single players shouldn't miss out on cool content and features so that WC can clean up exploits that will never impact them

I'm on the fence there, it really depends on whether they're delivering what basically amounts to an MMO or if they are delivering a private server multiplayer game - I get it's both, but which is it primarily? I don't think we'll find consensus.

So to me the only way WC could hope to root out all cheating and exploiting is to proactively police servers with impartial administrators. Ark needs referees. However, given their model and the direction they've gone in, I don't ever see that happening for Official servers.

If Wildcard doesn't know they have set themselves up perfectly to sell a pillow and a custom "Complaining Evolved" pillowcase and everyone who has a complete meltdown over every action Wildcard takes to improve their game can now purchase one or more, lay face down on said pillow(s) and scream as loud as they want. Wildcard would be so rich they could buy Apple and Google in one purchase. Obviously the pillow will come with a standard case and the DLC custom case will be sold separately.

I already stated I don't agree with the decision @CovertLizard and I don't think people are not allowed to feel a certain way in reaction to what's happening. It's just how people choose to handle these circumstances. My point in an example see if you spot the difference:

1. I become aware about what Wildcard is doing. I interpret said actions and form my own opinion. I go through proper channels (forum, social media, email developer, etc) and clearly state my opinion without emotion. Keep it concise and to the point. I keep living my life and don't take any medications because I am mentally sound and realize a video game isn't real and doesn't hold so much weight in my life that when something doesn't go how I "feel" it should I break down emotionally.

2. I become aware of what Wildcard is doing. I interpret said actions. I rely on what others have interpreted and form an opinion fused with my thoughts and anyone else's who have similar feelings as me even if they don't make rational sense. I go through any and all channels I feel I need where I can state my opinion. I explain how I feel, how everyone agrees with me, explain how many are quitting, quote that 80% of the population of Sandwich Island isn't playing anymore because they are offended that Wildcard doesn't tailer the game to their specific needs, create or site any and all conspiracy theories I am aware of at the time, and argue with anyone who doesn't feel the same. 

You say their feelings are justified? Justice is subjective... People can/will feel how they will based on how they were raised and the circumstances of their life. I am not belittling their feeling so don't misunderstand me. I even said, "sorry for being so un-empathetic/sympathetic" (Pg. 18 2/9 12:08PM). The message I am trying to get across is if anyone wants to be taken more seriously articulate your point more effectively. Stop whining, leave emotion out, please realize this is a video game, and state your issue clearly and move along with your business. This is a game for many but for Wildcard this is a business so our interests and theirs will not be identical all the time. Yes they need to try to keep people engaged and happy and all that, but they also need to make hard decisions that maybe we don't fully understand. It's easy to tell someone else to pull the trigger and not always so easy to pull it yourself. 

BONUS: A quote I found that is relevant to the second example, I think it was by Mark Twain maybe someone else not sure, "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." I can't provide a real stat for how many posts I see where someone claims something outrages and attempts to speak for everyone or a large group of people. This quote comes to mind. 

1 hour ago, Arkasaurio said:

Business is gross, flat out, no way around that.

I can't even express how much I agree with this on many occasions. I don't think blanket statements are good to use often, but many times yes I feel this way.

So i decided to make this post because its clear to everyone that Wildcard doesnt give a damn to the players they have and spent their money on a game that shouldnt even be released, and is using that money to "reward" cheaters/exploiters whatever you want to call it.
Meanwhile us, serious and dedicated players that waste hours and hours of farming to be able to acomplish something, have our hours of effort thrown away because some developer/engineer messed up and simply made stuff magicly disappear.

This is what happened: 

After patch 276.493 , 6 vaults we had placed in our base vanished ! Those vaults had all our best stuff and Christmas even bp's, tek armor sets, tek saddles, element,gear , etc... 

I know for sure that the vaults disappeared due to the changes that were made on the mesh, Wildcard knows it aswell but still their answer was:

"I know how hard this must be to have lost resources in this way. As a fellow survivor I do know what it is like to have these things taken away for me, and how frustrating it is. I have notified the engineers, so you will hopefully not have to encounter it in the future but right now we are unfortunately unable to restore items that are lost in this way. I am again sorry that you had to experience this, and I am here for any other questions that you have for me at this time."

So please someone tell me, why should we continue playing this game,  why the effort and time spent on this when the people that cheat are the ones rewarded... despite beeing a broken game i like playing it and have fun with my friends but it would make me very happy to see this company going bankrupt... 

It seems that WC is in a bit of a pickle, but i wonder if they realize they re actuality hurting themselves, because people like myself who don't cheat and would never cheat are going to quit. Like i already did, and it really sucks that people that are doing things the right way have to leave because wildcard refuses to punish their cheaters (who obviously have friends in the studio). Newton's Third Law: For every action expect an equal and opposite reaction. You know i voiced my opinion about this farse of a game and i got punished . I think it's real funny you guys would punish a single person for the things that they say, but when a collective thousands are actively trying to ruin the game for their own gain  they get amnesty. It seems you guys have a huge problem on your hands, and i can tell you guys don't do deductive reasoning because you would obviously see how in the short run it helps keep the player base around, but in the long run you have the worst cheating community of any game out there. I find it funny how PUBG bans a million on the same day you give thousands amnesty. 

Done with it, the cheaters and grievers can have it.

Here is your butterfly effect, the mass exodus of non cheating players because  you refuse to punish the cheaters. Are you guys aware how many people have quit playing your game quit because they have had it with outright cheaters, and instead of trying to win them back by banning the cheats you decide to embrace the cheaters which will only make your game worse off as far as I'm concerned.... If you want to get all your honest players that quit because of your bad player base, start banning the cheats, but if you want to keep going down the path of a dying game that has no new payers coming in because they heard about your notoriously cheated game, then go on ahead once again it's the perfect analogy for the world right now. You can do whatever you want as long as you hide amongst the crowd, but don't say anything the wrong way because words are far more important than actions,.

Done with the incompetence, and dealing withe the trashiest portion of the video game community, with no end in sight.

LOL their just gonna  let it go then in a year suddenly, MIGRATION 3!! Turning all the current official servers into new legacy servers and cutting support for them. This of course will be after they introduce the new new servers that of course will be completely "cheat proof". My tribe and i lost 1000s of PVE hours on legacy when everyone left due mainly to PVP Exploits(they had to close both sides to be "fair"). Now they are not gonna punish again and the servers will become what they were in the past. Instead of taking the time and punishing the big abusers of these exploits.

23 minutes ago, onedudesmind said:

LOL their just gonna  let it go then in a year suddenly, MIGRATION 3!! Turning all the current official servers into new legacy servers and cutting support for them. This of course will be after they introduce the new new servers that of course will be completely "cheat proof". My tribe and i lost 1000s of PVE hours on legacy when everyone left due mainly to PVP Exploits(they had to close both sides to be "fair"). Now they are not gonna punish again and the servers will become what they were in the past. Instead of taking the time and punishing the big abusers of these exploits.

This. ^ 

This has to be the truest statement of the day

On 2/10/2018 at 10:54 PM, Moonie1 said:

Oh now you have gone and done it. You have confused that disgrace for a super hero, He-Man, with arguably the greatest super hero and cartoon of all time, Thundarr the Barbarian and my faith in humanity is wavering on the breaking point!!!! Why dont you just confuse Huckleberry Hound for Hong Kong Phooey and finish me off.

I know, but they were both of the same era. I know that isn't He-Man, but they were competing shows. It just made me chuckle.

To those who love the game but want to quit due to cheating, come to private servers. I'd love to have more people around to play with and I imagine most admins out there feel the same way.

On 2/10/2018 at 4:07 PM, vtallbloke said:

TBH i dont get why they even mentioned it so extensively?

IF they had no intention of banning anyone why even say so?

Why not just say "we have found a long term exploit which we have fixed" leave it at that.

I think Jats post was a mistake- All that has happenend is he alienated the player base that did not cheat.

Sometimes (and only sometimes) less is more

The part I underlined is most apt. Why bother stating you won't be banning, except to make people think you know more than you really know? Punishments only work when you actually hand them out. If you don't, they aren't worth the paper I use to wipe my, well, you get the point. I smell a rat, but it won't matter, someone loves the rats.

As far as driving people from the game, I believe they don't want people playing on official servers, because at some point they want to stop paying for them. So by not punishing cheaters, those non cheating players (which we can hope are the majority) are now gone from official servers, maybe to private servers, maybe completely. But any goodwill WC has is totally spent. Their position really is indefensible except by people who benefited, in game or out.

And I wonder if, knowing this game uses pretty much the same code for Dark and Light, how long before they close those holes there? I mean, really, you should never hear of these things in that game since it's evolved (no pun intended) from this one.

I don't really understand why people are so upset. WC proofed time and time again that they don't address exploit issues in a timely manner. While there is some effort with the paid exploit reports, they are not serious about keeping the official network clean.

If you play on official you have to live with that. They don't support their servers as they need to keep them clean. If you want to play without cheaters and exploiters go unofficial, most unofficals deal very quickly with that kind of people.

Let's think for a second.

Why are they doing these things that make people not want to play on official servers?

Could it be.. maybe.. that they have to PAY for said servers and would like to cull the herd a bit and get more people pushed out to unofficials?  That would actually save them money...

Gosh.

And I'm not even a doctor.

Archived