• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Oh internet.

Man, I'm just glad our legal system doesn't work this way. "Your honor, is it not too much of a stretch to think this man murdered this other man..."

Its always nice to see you guys stick to the company line no matter the issue. Well, nice or sad, up to you to decide, but you get what I'm saying. 

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

I was unaware that Wildcard confirmed it was a duping exploit.

Didn't they also fix the widely known ''cooking pot'' cheat/glitch/bug ?

It allowed you to put 100 azulberries in the cooking pot, stick in a custom recipe and come out with 100 turrets. I mean, it's not ''proper duping'' but turning azulberries into turrets isn't far from magic happening either.

Take 25% of the dead legacy servers and convert them to new 1 map type per clusters official. Once these fill up and the "current official" begin to die, slowly convert the unused official to 1 map type clusters until 75% of official is 1 map type clusters and the remaining 25% is as it is today, free travel between all multiple versions of the same map. The megas can stay on the remaining 25% on top of each other eating each other alive.

If someone cheats on a cluster, wipe the cluster, much less collateral damage.

Guest DJRone89

2 hours ago, Dodowhisperer said:

Officials all need to be wiped and the worst of the worst players banned, especially ORP servers where people still exploit ORP pin coded gates in broad daylight to protect their own bases behind them. I open up support tickets with precise coordinates and tribe names and they close the tickets without doing a raptoring thing. Why are trash players allowed to continuously exploit to win? Why  are ORP exploits still a thing in 2018? Login to ANY ORP cluster/server especially console ones like PS4 and you will find all the big tribes cheating. An ORP pin coded gate should be justification enough to wipe a whole tribe. ORP is just an example of obvious exploits that GMs won't punish. Can only imagine what else they've let slide with such lenient enforcement. 

Why is it so bad to wipe bad servers/clusters and make everyone start fresh? Most exploits and trash players wouldn't be a problem if GMs actively played  undercover on a fraction of the servers to begin with. It's amazing what a GM can do with admin commands if he/she catches onto what players are doing that are against the rules.  I say wipe it all and then come up with different PVP modes that cater to more casual players.  PVP being so poorly implemented leads to players cheating to get an edge over others to protect their huge time investments. Others see them doing this and suddenly the exploit becomes the regular meta just to stay on the server long term.  Meanwhile players who just want to play fairly, ie the majority get screwed/wiped in the end.  Bring down the apocalypse for official pvp servers, wipe them all.

They should call the current official servers legacy and then start a whole new isolated cluster /s

3 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

I was unaware that Wildcard confirmed it was a duping exploit.

am pretty sure the guy who discovered it,  and the guy who reported it to wc made a post about it on reddit . i mean many people claim duping is happening , some admit to it but unless they come to your house and step by step dupe while explaining every detail of the process to you its a myth? im not being mean its a serious question.

Guest DJRone89
2 minutes ago, IamTANK said:

am pretty sure the guy who discovered it,  and the guy who reported it to wc made a post about it on reddit . i mean many people claim duping is happening , some admit to it but unless they come to your house and step by step dupe while explaining every detail of the process to you its a myth? im not being mean its a serious question.

But that exploit wasn’t solely to do with duping, which is the point. Duping stemmed from it.

Just now, DJRone89 said:

But that exploit wasn’t solely to do with duping, which is the point. Duping stemmed from it.

even so my point still stands duping has and prolly still does happen despite people swearing "  wc said they fixed it so anyone saying  it still happens is wrong or not being truthful"  just feels like a white knight crusade to me. 

2 hours ago, Z0mbie said:

Lemme take a wild guess... Lou was one of those mockers... *cue the big winner bells and whistles*

tbh i dont remem exactly who it was nor was i claiming it did exist as before i stopped playing i hosted a server on xbox. i just remember every post i read about duping the same few people doing thier best to discredit anyone claiming duping was still a problem.

Guest DJRone89
2 minutes ago, IamTANK said:

tbh i dont remem exactly who it was nor was i claiming it did exist as before i stopped playing i hosted a server on xbox. i just remember every post i read about duping the same few people doing thier best to discredit anyone claiming duping was still a problem.

Because it’s easy to discredit someone who can’t prove their claim.

2 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Because it’s easy to discredit someone who can’t prove their claim.

but my point then still stands on this forum proof is against the rules to post regarding cheats. any thing anyone can show less than a how -to guide would be discredited . which circles back to my point. some people will defend no matter what unless it comes from wc , you could show acres of vaults filled with the same high end item on video and some one would say " nope they crafted all that, wc fixed duping so your wrong"

2 hours ago, IamTANK said:

I wasn't suggesting that duping is a myth, I said that I didn't know that Wildcard had confirmed that the v277 patch addressed a duping exploit. There was only a brief mention of duping in the "Explanation" post on Reddit and Wildcard's been characteristically silent on the topic. Per the Lancast dude not a lot of folks had access to this exploit, so the "some guy in global said" rumors didn't seem connected to the v277 patch in the slightest...

...until:

5 hours ago, powerstuck said:

Didn't they also fix the widely known ''cooking pot'' cheat/glitch/bug ?

It allowed you to put 100 azulberries in the cooking pot, stick in a custom recipe and come out with 100 turrets. I mean, it's not ''proper duping'' but turning azulberries into turrets isn't far from magic happening either.

I hadn't considered this to be a duping exploit. I'm still not sure if I do, but now I can see why people might have related v277 to a dupe-fix patch. (Still wouldn't call it proof though. :P )

6 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

I wasn't suggesting that duping is a myth, I said that I didn't know that Wildcard had confirmed that the v277 patch addressed a duping exploit. There was only a brief mention of duping in the "Explanation" post on Reddit and Wildcard's been characteristically silent on the topic. Per the Lancast dude not a lot of folks had access to this exploit, so the "some guy in global said" rumors didn't seem connected to the v277 patch in the slightest...

...until:

I hadn't considered this to be a duping exploit. I'm still not sure if I do, but now I can see why people might have related v277 to a dupe-fix patch. 

from what i understand is that the exploit addressed in the patch allowed a semi admin state that allowed multiple cheats including duping , aimbotting and few others

14 hours ago, onedudesmind said:

This is the exploits they were talking about according to http://massivelyop.

"What was this exploit? How bad could it be? The player who outed himself claims that it basically gave players admin-like powers on official servers. Benefits included building bases in the mesh under the terrain, seeing all enemies and creatures, and using the cooking pot to create all sorts of materials, summon bosses to crash servers, and craft test meat for instant tames. While he also indicated that this exploit has been used for about six months since the new servers were launched, you can see how this would be a big, big problem even if used for even a day or two. And that leads us to how dealing with such an exploit can seriously impact the game experience. "

Major stuff.. I'm so glad i had to give up my 1000s of hours on the legacy servers. whole article here http://massivelyop.com/2018/02/08/the-survivalist-arks-latest-exploit-highlights-how-cheaters-ruin-official-servers/

If this is the exploit it definitely calls for a server wipe

47 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

General reminder.

Videos or telling people how to exploit or cheat is not allowed on the forums. If you know of any way to cheat dupe exploit the proper method of sharing this with WC is either the support ticket system or the emails listed in the bug bounty thread. 

info@studiowildcard.com
jat@studiowildcard.com

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us

xD  You Guys are so funny

• Volunteer Moderator

General reminder number 2. 

If you feel someone is cheating or abusing in game. Please contact support via the ticket system and provide any proof you may have. Posting names videos or openly accusing people on the forums is considered against the rules. Link to support located here.

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us

On 2/8/2018 at 9:16 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

Oh internet.

Man, I'm just glad our legal system doesn't work this way. "Your honor, is it not too much of a stretch to think this man murdered this other man..."

Actually, what you've written in quotes is EXACTLY how our legal system works. The only thing incorrect is that lawyers address the jury in a murder case, not the judge.

Archived