• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, iAmE said:

Like I said earlier. I answered it, you just don't accept it because it makes your narrative about the people being "Crazy" and "Super-hyperbolic" out of the water, to put it bluntly.

In reality, the difference between what you said, and what he said, is that what he said makes sense. What you said makes no sense. Which comes back to the key point of your subjective reality and whether you can take a step out of your own shoes to see what everyone else see's, as people without direct and personal access to Wildcard and/or years of experience with the subject. 

Let’s try this again. Where is the link to Snail Games. 

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ZeroSeconds said:

Oke, I've had a chat with a certain person you can currently find on reddit. As I've said on the upload timer patch, i'll say it again and maybe this time people will actually believe it a bit more. Duping is still not fixed and still exists. I'm not talking about duping item for item, but litterly a full vault at a time.

I'm just disappointed that so many people are asking about this and talking about this and Wild Card is just closing their eyes like nothing is going on. But than again not surprised at all, just another disappointment from WC lol. 

This is very true, duping is still at the heart of many mega tribes and will be for the foreseeable future.

10 hours ago, powerstuck said:

Knowing that is it true...then they should undo the legacy/new servers scenario, because new servers are as plagued by duped items as the legacy servers (main reason why they made new servers at launch). It would give players on legacy servers (like me) hope that their server will have active population and live for quite some time and heck it could even allow for some people who left legacy server for a new one to come back to their old server (I know at least 3 tribes that have established on new servers but are struggling to find and keep the bps, items and most importantly dinos they bred for almost 2 years with mutations and stats they like, 3 tribes that keep their stuff refreshed/fed on their old legacy server). 

The only reason they wouldn't merge legacy and new now is because it doesn't fit with their exit strategy for reducing expenditure.

Legacy is on the shortlist for shutdown.

1 hour ago, iAmE said:

Like I said earlier. I answered it, you just don't accept it because it makes your narrative about the people being "Crazy" and "Super-hyperbolic" out of the water, to put it bluntly.

In reality, the difference between what you said, and what he said, is that what he said makes sense. What you said makes no sense. Which comes back to the key point of your subjective reality and whether you can take a step out of your own shoes to see what everyone else see's, as people without direct and personal access to Wildcard and/or years of experience with the subject. 

Either way, I think I've sufficiently refuted your point, and further discussion will simply devolve into you vs me in a debate with no common ground or sense of shared reality. So, enjoy your night

thats how i see it. eventually it feels like casting you're pearls before swine. Whatever you say won't make any difference to some people.

5 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

The link to snail games may well be untrue, but without a positive statement of facts from WC people are always going to speculate on the whats and whys of the matter and believe rumors without any evidence just because they sound plausable.

People are looking for explanations, if WC don't provide them they leave themselves open to other peoples version of events becoming the accepted "truth" of the matter.

If they don't want people spreading a falsehood then they need to make the actual facts known.

Recently in another thread someone complained about exploits being used in new official servers, certain people called BS against that someone because he didn't have proof of duping and other exploits he complained about, and they were happy to pronounce that without proof use of exploits on new official didn't exist. We all know better now don't we?

Please remember that absence of proof is not the same as the claim being false.

So basically:

• There was too many cheaters to ban them all?
  • The new servers were pointless?
  • Official servers seem to be plagued by cheaters and exploiters?

Who would have knew?

The only thing about this that shocked me was how WC decided to let the exploiters get away with it. Maybe they just can't figure out who was actually exploiting? Overall I was quite disappointed that they showed them mercy. 

9 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

From what I know, Snail Games is a Chinese company (China based as well).

The tribe in question is Chinese.

On many proven cases, there have been tribes, all over the world, who had (and still have), Wild Card and Snail Games employees as players. 

How far of a stretch is it that either Wild Card and/or Snail Games employees were either part of the tribe OR tribe members have friends among employees of those two companies ?

You will tell me its a big stretch to think this. Let's say I agree. 

Would you mind agreeing that the said tribe being un-banned and all their stuff restored for a  BIG MOST IMPORTANT HIS DAD IS KIM JONG IL reason when no one, ever had such a favorable treatment for something BAD they did, is fishy at best ?

I mean they were banned for aimbotting and not for exploiting an old bug where everyone got the free pass. Pretty sure if I had money (to sue) I could aimbot and get banned, sue WC and get 40 millions paid into my account because they just created a legal precedent by un-banning a tribe that cheated. 

1 hour ago, Masurao said:

....I'm betting they won't spill those beans about what exactly it was because it'd be a colossal contradiction to what they typically would swing that ban-hammer at on sight. Maybe.

Those beans have been spilled all over reddit already anyway.

1 hour ago, Ryuk said:

Maybe they just can't figure out who was actually exploiting?

Spoiler

Fortunately, we were able to look into those taking advantage of the exploit. Unfortunately, what became apparent is multiple 'mega-tribes', across multiple servers were taking advantage of it.

On 2/6/2018 at 5:35 AM, Zederia said:

Mega-tribes that used it should be wiped then, plain and simple. Cheating is not ok, and it doesn't matter what the cheat is. it is not a fair playing field anymore and it explains more and more how mega-tribes have been able to stay on top, they cheat to gain the advantages, and WC is not punishing them so they think it's ok. the next exploit they find they'll abuse and WC will do nothing again. Where do we draw the line?

Instead of banning them from the game, shift them to other servers and ban them from their old server. Want to cheat? The consequences are losing all of your progress. But they still would have their tribe and all and that's an incentive to not quit. 

Edit: You know what, I'm changing my opine. Move all cheating mega tribes off their servers and to the same servers up to the server player caps. No new players can join because of the cap, unless a mega-tribe player leaves, then that mega-tribe player is banned from the server and cannot return. 

There. All the cheaters are happy in their own little world, the rest of the player base is happy 'cause they don't have to deal with it and there's more room on official servers, and WC doesn't have to ban anyone. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, powerstuck said:

On many proven cases, there have been tribes, all over the world, who had (and still have), Wild Card and Snail Games employees as players. 

How far of a stretch is it that either Wild Card and/or Snail Games employees were either part of the tribe OR tribe members have friends among employees of those two companies ?

Oh internet.

Man, I'm just glad our legal system doesn't work this way. "Your honor, is it not too much of a stretch to think this man murdered this other man..."

Exploits will continue to be a problem and there are others that still exist. Wildcard should convert most of the legacy to new clusters that only have 1 map per cluster. This will limit the mega tribe cross ark stuff somewhat as it will be confined like in the old days. You will still have alphas and such but not on the same scale as Megas we have now. It is pretty much impossible to play official as a small tribe without getting wiped every couple days, you have no choice but to join a mega if you want to actually play the game or go unofficial. This would also segregate the mega tribe cheaters so they can keep on playing in their universe and people who don't want to play with such big cheaters can have their own unverise on a smaller scale post this major exploit patch on new wiped servers. 

Also when exploits are found on smaller clusters you can just wipe the cluster without affecting the entire community. You lose some of that big community aspect and trading but I rather deal with non cheaters who didn't acquire things to trade illegitimate anyways to begin with. 

In the old days with limited transfers you had to worry about the "Chinese server raiders" big coordinated tribes coming to wipe individual servers but they never stayed because they quickly moved on to another. It is no different now, you just have it on a much larger scale. It is a lot more effort to have to build up on each server/cluster than to just transfer some duped items and dinos to hundreds of servers.

It would feel like adequate punishment to me because the megas would be isolated and they can still have their cake and eat it too. Those servers would probably slowly die just like legacy and I get to watch the slow slow death of all their "hardwork".

12 hours ago, iAmE said:

He's actually not far off on his explanation of the situation. That's one of the most problematic issues here. 

I'm going to really toe the line here (You can read the full story on Reddit, it's on the front page, likely still the top thread),

The patched vulnerability gave certain users access to admin features, including a rudimentary aimbot and ESP. The TEA Amnesty was provided in the course of finding the specifics of this vulnerability, and patching it. What he said was true, every word, and yes, they were rollbacked and unbanned (Supposedly). 

If that explanation is offensive or against any Mod/Admin's view of what can/should be said, please delete it, but at the very least, don't mock people for bringing up actual things that happened, even if the conspiracy goes a bit off the deep end. 

just a few weeks ago anyone claiming that duping was happening was called conspiracy theorists and mocked.  so not surprised that it still happens even with proof posted.

3 hours ago, powerstuck said:

From what I know, Snail Games is a Chinese company (China based as well).

The tribe in question is Chinese.

Would you mind agreeing that the said tribe being un-banned and all their stuff restored for a  BIG MOST IMPORTANT HIS DAD IS KIM JONG IL reason when no one, ever had such a favorable treatment for something BAD they did, is fishy at best ?

I mean they were banned for aimbotting and not for exploiting an old bug where everyone got the free pass. Pretty sure if I had money (to sue) I could aimbot and get banned, sue WC and get 40 millions paid into my account because they just created a legal precedent by un-banning a tribe that cheated. 

It is a stretch for sure, but still plausible until more evidence would support these claims. Well this is one particular group of megatribes, according to the post it sounded like most or all of the mega-tribes on officials using this. They have had issues in the past where they banned or tribe wiped before and got incorrect information as to who was doing it. And good players that were not the culprits got their tribe wiped. In so doing WC got a lot of flak for it aka complaints from the players for doing so. These weasels are just getting away with it.

Sigh, its been an issue since the genesis of online gaming and WC is a victim as much as anybody for these type of players.

Where emotions get riled is when people are speculating and stating it is fact, and argue that their interpretations and guesses are proof.  At this point we don't have a statement from WC about whether it was another duping issue or under-meshing they were addressing.  Both of these things most all megas have done, and in many cases just to even the playing field against the other megas that are doing it.  Whatever the specific exploit was, there is no reason not to believe WC that they felt banning was not an option because it was such a widespread practice and they don't want to lose that much of their player base.  And there is a difference between people arguing about whether or not an exploit practice exists and that the game company is involved and dirty somehow.  The internet is full of people putting together random pieces to argue as proof for what they choose to believe because it suits their feelings.

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, Milsurp said:

Instead of banning them from the game, shift them to other servers and ban them from their old server. Want to cheat? The consequences are losing all of your progress. But they still would have their tribe and all and that's an incentive to not quit. 

Edit: You know what, I'm changing my opine. Move all cheating mega tribes off their servers and to the same servers up to the server player caps. No new players can join because of the cap, unless a mega-tribe player leaves, then that mega-tribe player is banned from the server and cannot return. 

There. All the cheaters are happy in their own little world, the rest of the player base is happy 'cause they don't have to deal with it and there's more room on official servers, and WC doesn't have to ban anyone. 

So like adopting the GTA Online bad sport lobby (if it even still exists)?

This is the exploits they were talking about according to http://massivelyop.

"What was this exploit? How bad could it be? The player who outed himself claims that it basically gave players admin-like powers on official servers. Benefits included building bases in the mesh under the terrain, seeing all enemies and creatures, and using the cooking pot to create all sorts of materials, summon bosses to crash servers, and craft test meat for instant tames. While he also indicated that this exploit has been used for about six months since the new servers were launched, you can see how this would be a big, big problem even if used for even a day or two. And that leads us to how dealing with such an exploit can seriously impact the game experience. "

Major stuff.. I'm so glad i had to give up my 1000s of hours on the legacy servers. whole article here http://massivelyop.com/2018/02/08/the-survivalist-arks-latest-exploit-highlights-how-cheaters-ruin-official-servers/

Officials all need to be wiped and the worst of the worst players banned, especially ORP servers where people still exploit ORP pin coded gates in broad daylight to protect their own bases behind them. I open up support tickets with precise coordinates and tribe names and they close the tickets without doing a raptoring thing. Why are trash players allowed to continuously exploit to win? Why  are ORP exploits still a thing in 2018? Login to ANY ORP cluster/server especially console ones like PS4 and you will find all the big tribes cheating. An ORP pin coded gate should be justification enough to wipe a whole tribe. ORP is just an example of obvious exploits that GMs won't punish. Can only imagine what else they've let slide with such lenient enforcement. 

Why is it so bad to wipe bad servers/clusters and make everyone start fresh? Most exploits and trash players wouldn't be a problem if GMs actively played  undercover on a fraction of the servers to begin with. It's amazing what a GM can do with admin commands if he/she catches onto what players are doing that are against the rules.  I say wipe it all and then come up with different PVP modes that cater to more casual players.  PVP being so poorly implemented leads to players cheating to get an edge over others to protect their huge time investments. Others see them doing this and suddenly the exploit becomes the regular meta just to stay on the server long term.  Meanwhile players who just want to play fairly, ie the majority get screwed/wiped in the end.  Bring down the apocalypse for official pvp servers, wipe them all.

Archived