Only thing I can say is, AT the very least they should remove all duped items. This shouldnt be hard since crafting skill means you should almost never get the same %weapon dmg and durability. 

remove all those items that are alike, get rid of mega tribes vaults full of tek behmoth gates, and it could be fixed and be ok.

WC otherwise next time they get the oppertunity, they are going to DUPE like crazy!!

I hate cheating, but you cant deny wc, theres no way for us to beat infinite turret bullets, infinite tek foundations, infinite tek rifles, you get it, you just let all the tribes that cheated make your game their BITCH!

they will continue to control/ harass other tribes, until you remove what they duped!!!

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chancho33015

So, with this "NEW" patch where they fixed the "vulnerability" that MEGATRIBES abused but they didn't punished those who cheated...because...we are nice people...so...do your thing, right? I mean, we need to learn from our mistakes! If tribes that cheated are not punished then what are you telling ark players and those who come in the future to ark? It is not about forgiveness but it is about not making the same mistakes over and over again.  I will quote a famous Chinese "[][][][][][]" (we all know who this guy is, right? lol) player i recently had a problem with in PVE about ark support...and he said,"Ark doesn't do anything about this so i will keep doing it." I mean, if this doesn't tell you what the real problem is...nothing will. And this is not to single out  the Chinese god knows that is not only them. I mean on my previews Ragnarok official 71 there was a tribe who trapped me and changed their name so that i couldn't report who they where properly. I knew who they were but ark didn't know what to do because they kept changing their name and denying what they did... so nothing was solved. This was in PVE and i bet the problem is worst in PVP. Though things can be fixed by ark over time i believe that some things shouldn't be allow to go unpunished. IF you give a pass to cheating once...it will never stop.   

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to cheaters prosper!
10 hours ago, Zederia said:

"Under normal circumstances, such an exploit would deem a global tribe wipe, and a comprehensive ban for all players involved from our Official Network, as well as BattlEye-protected servers. On this occasion, we have decided that we will be providing a one-time amnesty to everyone involved; this means that no one will be banned or wiped, as the impact of the action would have been too widescale and have a significant effect on our Official Servers."

So, because they're mega-tribes they're immune from being banned, or wiped. Well, let's unban all the cheaters that VAC and battle-eye caught before too huh?

you have PROOF people cheated and you're not going to take ANY action? What the hell? They deserve to be punished, PUNISH THEM!

Wipe them. Dissolve the tribes. Do a x2 week, instead of weekend, so that those folks within the tribes, that weren't cheating, can rebuild and regroup.

Don't ban, since it is a massive amount of people. Makes sense. 

2 hours ago, Nickoli1900 said:

I highly doubt 2/3 of their player base are in mega-tribes. Most people I know in pvp are in small tribes. The whole tribe should be wiped. I find it hard to believe that the other tribe mates had no knowledge that their tribe was using an exploit. Whether for a tactical advantage, duping, ddos. The tribe clearly took advantage of it by means of gear, dinos, etc., yet said/reported nothing. I'm not sure what exploit/s wc were referencing to in that post.

With the size of the update it was probably under meshing which even i have done just by accident when a quetz carrying a tame would push you under. 

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to cheaters prosper!
44 minutes ago, ZillaArk said:

Hmm thats true i guess. But not doing anything at all is just wrong they could wipe there base take away there stuff. There not going to learn a lesson if they don't do something.

Am not mad or upset over this just can't understand why they will not do anything to the players that were and are still cheating. Just seem WC doesnt care and some players

I don't get the impression that they don't care. I get the impression that they care quite a bit, but they also know that if they banned all these players it would be the death of the game, the franchise, and the development studio. Considering it was their own fault the exploit existed for so long, it seems to me like they're trying to be fair. That doesn't mean they didn't screw up royally...it just means they aren't willing to martyr themselves on principle by blanket banning a massive chunk of their playerbase...many of which did nothing wrong.

43 minutes ago, CovertLizard said:

Also, I agree completey that there are difficulties on inadvertent exploits. However, I find it difficult to believe that an exploit that came so suddenly to light and required an 8Gb patch could be done accidentally. Yes, perhaps people could unknowingly benefit from other people knowingly using it, but to me it’s a nonissue. If people did actual cheating they should be banned. 

It’s absurd the way WC went about this. They went out of their way to tell us that there is a major game breaking exploit and it’s been around since 2015. They say that those who have used it should be banned. And that they won’t ban anyone. Why are they even telling us? More information should be released. 

I agree that it's absurd...that's for damned sure. To me, based on their approach to this, it seems like they might have known about the exploit they're referring to but couldn't fix it until recently. I don't have any proof of that, but based on their statements and actions it seems likely. Hopefully at some point they do give more information...but at this point I find it extremely difficult to believe they weren't aware of the problem. To me it just seems like it took a long time to solve it and they're giving everyone the benefit of the doubt to account for not fixing it sooner.

Guest chancho33015

Lesson, "megatribes" keep cheating cause nothing will happen. Got it. Too much people to handle...what in the world is that logic lol

Well, at least we now know how the next big  exploit will be handle...good to know...

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

Would you be making the same "bad form" argument if you were perma-banned because at some point in the past 2+ years you were in a tribe with someone who had used an exploit without you knowing it?

Lou, you can't be totally daft/unobservant and play this game for very long.  People know what others are doing, especially people in the same tribe.  And if I had personally played with someone I knew was using an exploit, I'd stop playing with them and report it because raptor that.  I am not trying to white-knight because it is convenient:  This game is about beating the odds against you, not cheating to win and it doesn't matter if it's your friend or not. 

Cheaters deserve what they get, so I say again (and stand behind it):  Bad form.  I will continue to defend fair play, and continue to say that @Jatheish and CO made a bad bad choice.

You know things are weird when -I- come out of the woodworks to say something. Saw a huge update, came to see if it was the much-looked for TLC pass, and it's this...

I can see both sides of the coin. But sadly, Wildcard has only further cemented my idea that they are still trying desperately to steer this game in a direction that, while ambitious and hopeful, will never be reached. ARK cannot and will most likely NEVER be a balanced and fair game for the PVP crowd. The way they've made it just can't be that. It's too much time, effort, and money (especially for this company).

All I can say is...Wildcard, your talk is cheap. VERY cheap. I can see why they did what they did, but this will only be a good move if you damn well KEEP YOUR WORD. Frankly I have yet to see evidence that they ever are heavy-handed with anything that concerns their playerbase. So far that seems to be reserved for the dino nerfs. Ugh.

16 minutes ago, Ulta said:

You know things are weird when -I- come out of the woodworks to say something. Saw a huge update, came to see if it was the much-looked for TLC pass, and it's this...

I can see both sides of the coin. But sadly, Wildcard has only further cemented my idea that they are still trying desperately to steer this game in a direction that, while ambitious and hopeful, will never be reached. ARK cannot and will most likely NEVER be a balanced and fair game for the PVP crowd. The way they've made it just can't be that. It's too much time, effort, and money (especially for this company).

All I can say is...Wildcard, your talk is cheap. VERY cheap. I can see why they did what they did, but this will only be a good move if you damn well KEEP YOUR WORD. Frankly I have yet to see evidence that they ever are heavy-handed with anything that concerns their playerbase. So far that seems to be reserved for the dino nerfs. Ugh.

They have been heavy handed. But only when it benefits the tribes they aren't going to ban this time around. I know of what tribes have used this exploit. I also know that one of those tribes received cheated items as a result from the P.A.N.D.A. dev wipe that just seemed to happen on multiple servers that specific tribes were attacking at the time. I'm not in or ever was in PANDA. I was actually part of a group that was against PANDA, I do believe in fair play. That means if you cheat you take the risk of being wiped for doing it. I know of places I could build in the mesh in a place no player could attack, and extremely unlikely to find too. I choose not to use the exploit purely because I don't want to be wiped by devs or have my tribe mates' work wiped. 

2 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

If.You.Knew.

Call me daft all you want, call it a bad choice, but you'd be here screaming bloody murder if you got banned for something you never did. I say that with 100% confidence.

I never called you daft.  But "if I knew", which as I said would be hard to not know, unless it happened to be the first time you ever played ARK and you what, happened to get an invite to a duping mega-tribe?  I see that as a very unlikely far-off possibility, but one where someone could play without knowing an exploit is in play, for sure.  If you are a first-time survivor and get invited to your friend's tribe, and its you and him/her, you will figure it out pretty quick.

And if I had done nothing, you are correct:  I would be upset as poop, and asking friends who possibly did what.  But it is important to remember, Lou:  I did not use exploits, and due to the nature of the game I am very selective as to who I play with.  So grand hypotheticals in which you -are- correct don't help the situation!  So say it again, with 150% confidence!  Because it doesn't change the fact that I didn't exploit, but others did and we get to see nothing happen to them at all.

We can talk in circles with all the people who disagree with the Dev team's decision of inaction, but I just disagree with you and think doing nothing is a bad form play.  And again, the non-cheaters are not on trial so anymore hypotheticals that are supposed to put the non-cheaters in the shoes of others, is just unnecessary.

Though I do wonder...  What percent of the people affected by a sweeping ban on all exploiters would be truly ignorant innocents?  I would speculate not higher than 10%, but that's me.

All this talk about some mad glitch that's been fixed that most pc players used? What's the exploit? Do normal people use it and not know? How common was it? Why only on pc? Does this mean it works on console still and won't be patched for months? Why didn't xbox tribes use it? 

From the wording of jats statement I thought it was that squid tentacle thing that one of them mega tribes used, he used the same wording as people arguing about it on reddit which makes me think he had been reading that post. Plus the no bans because everyone knows it was wc favourite tribe that did it makes sense too. 

If it is that that's been fixed will it also work for things like bronto tails damaging things inside buildings and people shooting rockets through the floor from under mesh? 

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

All this talk about some mad glitch that's been fixed that most pc players used? What's the exploit? Do normal people use it and not know? How common was it? Why only on pc? Does this mean it works on console still and won't be patched for months? Why didn't xbox tribes use it? 

From the wording of jats statement I thought it was that squid tentacle thing that one of them mega tribes used, he used the same wording as people arguing about it on reddit which makes me think he had been reading that post. Plus the no bans because everyone knows it was wc favourite tribe that did it makes sense too. 

If it is that that's been fixed will it also work for things like bronto tails damaging things inside buildings and people shooting rockets through the floor from under mesh? 

Squids weren't around in august 2015.

2 hours ago, ZillaArk said:

Hmm thats true i guess. But not doing anything at all is just wrong they could wipe there base take away there stuff. There not going to learn a lesson if they don't do something.

Am not mad or upset over this just can't understand why they will not do anything to the players that were and are still cheating. Just seem WC doesnt care and some players

i think they do care, however this is right on the money other than that, banning innocent players is a bad idea, however until you remove the duped items, the state of the game can't improve. 

so please WC if you do care, do something and delete the dupers power, taking duping away wont do it, they have ALREADY DUPED. 

Hello again,

There are many things in the game that clearly is not supposed to be there, yet to be fixed that is. What this vulnerability actually is about I do not know and since the console versions might be later patched. I guess we need to wait to find out.

As cheating goes I guess even taking a creature from another map to the Island map could be considered cheating since it is not intended for that environment. Just a thing to think about when considering who should be banned.

Regards,

Ariana

What does this say about the nerfs done to flyers in the name of PvP equity? Would this not mean it was totally unnecessary and people were blaming flyers for something that might have been happening anyway everywhere else? And to allow that many players to get away with it? For sure I'm never stepping foot on an official server again, I always figured they were large on  cheaters, now that belief is vindicated, and clearly WC is enabling them - the only saving grace might be that they are monitoring the cheaters to see what they do next.

And did they pay someone off for the exploit? Cause a bug that was there for 2 years is not something I think they were able to find on their own.

13 hours ago, GP said:

You all complaining that no-one has been banned, but at the same time you have no idea what the vulnerability/exploit was.

It could very well be a situation where someone has exploited the vulnerability and then 100's of others have inadvertently benefited from them doing so. And if many mega tribes have used the exploit then potentially 1000's upon 1000's may have benefited. Where do you draw the line on bans and responsibility.

I think the important thing here is that a clearly major vulnerability has finally been patched. Of course it's a mysterious one, but i'm sure news of what it was will come out as no-one will be able to exploit it anymore.

What this says is that if another exploit (bug that is taken advantage of and not reported by players) is found in the future and similar amounts of players use it, they will fix it, but still not ban, meaning cheaters really do prosper, over and over again.

8 hours ago, BigRed1227 said:

I'm pretty sure that the exploit was an under the map raiding ability. To this day you can see people doing it. I wonder if they put a kill grid on anything below a certain point. One of you "cheaters" go check it out.

lol logged into aberration today after i  downloaded the patch, Immediately fell through the map and lost my gear. 

definately no kill grid. infact aberration has about as much "under mesh" terrain as it does regular.

I am not a cheater however, falling through the map was an accident that lost me my stuff, i put on my rad suit and flew around with glider suit. 

55 minutes ago, Oumino said:

Like most rules and laws you shouldn't pick when to enforce on who, the rules are the rules break them and suffer the well established and documented consequences. I am very disappointed in this decision. This will serve only as a notice to cheaters, if your going to do it, do it on a massive scale.

I'm disappointed at the situation entirely...but there isn't a video game developer in history that's going to ban a massive chunk of their customer base (active and inactive) because some of that chunk used an exploit that was in the game for 2+ years. 

Had Wildcard addressed this exploit years ago, I would TOTALLY support banning all who were benefited by the exploit.

I don't have any sympathy for cheaters.  I don't care if they're in a mega clan or they're a streamer.  If they cheated, they need to go.

If it's a common exploit, look at the people that did it the MOST and ban those individuals (like duping).  That way you can leave out someone who accidentally duped a couple of items, and put the ban hammer firmly down on people that used that exploit all the time.

If they won't ban they won't ban, it's a sissy response to a serious problem though. But the fair thing would have been to do a total and complete wipe to square one for all servers, like they should have when they launched, like I had stated. And anytime there is a severe game breaking bug fixed they should do it again. That will teach cheaters not to cheat far more than any ban would.

Something tells me WC doesn't have the stones for it though. They are afraid of the consequences.

10 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

We will see: if he dies from the torture, he would be innocent. If he confess, we would have caught one.:Jerbmad:

Salem witch trials all over again. It's not a way to punish the guilty, it's a way to remove people you find offensive or who challenge your authority. Why do you think the church did it so much in the dark ages?

Archived