• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Major exploit used by mega tribes to gain  and secure their position. Now that they have used it to become the mega tribe, they magically face 0 consequence not even a wipe? I recall a wildcard tech mentioning they play too. Would it be likely that wildcard players among us are one man two man tribes suffering? Or is our money on that wildcard players ARE mega tribers who used their knowledge of glitch to become .. megatribes.  Now that they are firmly in place they close the door so others cannot challenge.  I can understand due to the widespread nature of the issue not BANNING all, but to not take away the ill gotten gains? not wiping? Wild card REWARDS the griefers.

WIPE it all Wildcard if you are honest. You said you'd punish cheaters but words are cheap and your actions which ARE true? reward cheaters. You closed comments on the thread so no one can speak out against this corrupt act.

Deep Throat told us "follow the money trail."  In this case rewarding cheaters with no wipe that would have evened things a bit? .... I recall a support tech telling me when it looked like I'd lost my char due to an update glitch  *it sucks .. but well we play too so .."

My guess is that Wildcard players are NOT the bottom players, but in fact are mega tribe or mega tribe leaders, so following that money trail?  Wildcard uses cheats so its gamers can win over the rest of us, and thats why they refuse to wipe when its so widespread.

Shame on you wildcard .. you say no cheat, but .. actions speak louder than words and your actions are 0 ban on cheaters, 0 wipe to undo what they cheated to get,  too bad so sad for honest players.

5 hours ago, RawOrange said:

Not entirely. A quarter wouldn't come back. Large alliance networks across servers made up of alpha tribes and indefinite suppliers of fert eggs, mats, etc, all being sold globally. I don't know even know where to begin.. just understand banning SO many people at once, and a significant group of people towards things other than 'to just play' would do more harm than good. Leaving large holes, specifically large holes that hold power, is never EVER a good thing. Besides, morally speaking- WC admitted fault on this one. #neverforget

So if a quarter didn't return, that's three quarters buying the game again and putting money in that they wouldn't have otherwise.

That whole post was total bs, that's a completely unfair statement. If it were lots of small tribes using the exploit, they all would be banned/wiped. For this company to pick and choose who will be wiped or not is ridiculous. That has left a very bad taste in my mouth that this company can be this biased. This studio is an absolute joke with its credibility, and then has the audacity to say "trust us when we say" to us after they don't exercise the exact disciplinary actions that are warranted of a ban in their own guidelines. Trust us they say, I think not based on this studios actions...disgusting.   

15 minutes ago, ZeroZX said:

I say wipe the tribe's who cheated. Do something about it WC or you will have a lot of mad people....I mean....people are mad now but still it will get worse. 

The problem is too many people did it. Which can only mean global server wipe is in order... Wiping all the servers... everyone restarts from scratch. Again.

4 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

The problem is too many people did it. Which can only mean global server wipe is in order... Wiping all the servers... everyone restarts from scratch. Again.

Not necessarily, they said mega tribes spread across multiple servers iirc. If WC knows which specific tribes those are then they should ban them. 

3 minutes ago, Nickoli1900 said:

Not necessarily, they said mega tribes spread across multiple servers iirc. If WC knows which specific tribes those are then they should ban them. 

And normal tribe is unable to use the exploit? No, they used them and kept quiet about it too. Who are you gonna wipe? I'm pretty sure there was solo player doing it too.

Maybe a global server wipe is needed. It should of been done at the start but then issue like this should of been fixed before chargeing people a bigger price on a game thats not fully done. Sadly ARK is not done it still has bugs glitches and dupes for a game to come out of beta and still be undone is just wrong to me ark is still in beta and will never leave it...

But i do thing a global server wipe should be done and take legacy servers & new server and merge them so there all new server... That way noone gets to keep there items that they dupe everyone loses :D

But we all know what will happen frog all will be done and the mega tribes/players/whatever will get away with it and only real people who will lose out of it will be the ones that are hard working and playing by the rules.

but frog the rules right WC :Melee_Damage:

14 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

And normal tribe is unable to use the exploit? No, they used them and kept quiet about it too. Who are you gonna wipe? I'm pretty sure there was solo player doing it too.

I'm not disputing that fact, it is common knowledge that wc receives screenshots/reports of people using exploits on a regular basis. They can easily go through the evidence provided by the community to see which tribes are doing it and wipe the tribes they have proof of. And yes, i am referring to tribes of any size. They clearly have proof of mega tribes using the exploit, otherwise they would not have singled them out in the first place. Anyone found to have used the exploit should be banned/wiped, large or small.

16 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

It's been done before....

hence the "Again."

Wiping everything is not the solution... I mean, I spent 6 months building from scratch a tribe that runs all the alpha bosses on officials. I don't want to spend 6 more building that up again. I've already quit ark once before, at their first wipe. Then recently came back with the new servers where I started my tribe and built it up.

I'm in the midst of leveling to 130, to be ready for the new DLC.

5 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

hence the "Again."

Wiping everything is not the solution... I mean, I spent 6 months building from scratch a tribe that runs all the alpha bosses on officials. I don't want to spend 6 more building that up again. I've already quit ark once before, at their first wipe. Then recently came back with the new servers where I started my tribe and built it up.

I'm in the midst of leveling to 130, to be ready for the new DLC.

Whoops sorry misunderstood the emphasis on the "Again" lol my bad. Certainly dont think they should wipe the servers. 

7 hours ago, Zederia said:

"Under normal circumstances, such an exploit would deem a global tribe wipe, and a comprehensive ban for all players involved from our Official Network, as well as BattlEye-protected servers. On this occasion, we have decided that we will be providing a one-time amnesty to everyone involved; this means that no one will be banned or wiped, as the impact of the action would have been too widescale and have a significant effect on our Official Servers."

So, because they're mega-tribes they're immune from being banned, or wiped. Well, let's unban all the cheaters that VAC and battle-eye caught before too huh?

you have PROOF people cheated and you're not going to take ANY action? What the hell? They deserve to be punished, PUNISH THEM!

The problem with banning them all is they would have to ban everyone in a tribe associated with cheating, making them lose 2/3 of there players and essentially killing their own game. If you don't want ARK to be a thing just uninstall and let the rest of us keep playing. 

3 minutes ago, Rancor said:

The problem with banning them all is they would have to ban everyone in a tribe associated with cheating, making them lose 2/3 of there players and essentially killing their own game. If you don't want ARK to be a thing just uninstall and let the rest of us keep playing. 

Then wipe the tribe's who cheated. Bam Fixed

32 minutes ago, Rancor said:

I highly doubt 2/3 of their player base are in mega-tribes. Most people I know in pvp are in small tribes. The whole tribe should be wiped. I find it hard to believe that the other tribe mates had no knowledge that their tribe was using an exploit. Whether for a tactical advantage, duping, ddos. The tribe clearly took advantage of it by means of gear, dinos, etc., yet said/reported nothing. I'm not sure what exploit/s wc were referencing to in that post.

Wow wish I had cheated now ! !  (Assume it was duping)

Whats the problem with banning and/wiping ... ... would have cleared dino cap for most servers. 

Another silly move by WC which mean those why play as intended still cant tame on most servers. 

Opportunity missed here to fix a different problem. 

Please tell me if this was the cheat they will remove timers on drops and obbys now ? 

30 minutes ago, Rancor said:

This is the whole problem. WC allows cheating to go unpunished for years. (Supposedly because they weren’t aware) This gives lots of people the opportunity to cheat. Now, there are so many cheating that they have to be left unpunished. Do you think after this, fewer people will cheat? The time to deal with this is now. The loger they wait, the more rampant it will become, and if they already think banning these cheaters would kill their game, imagine how many would need banning a year from now. Even if as you say, ⅔ of official players need a ban, (highly doubtful it’s anywhere near that number) that’s preferable to throwing up your hands and leaving the game to the dogs. As I said before, leaving it the way they have so far is either cowardice or ignorance. 

P.S. The absurdity of not wanting to piss off the cheaters is mindblowing.

7 hours ago, Zederia said:

quetz wasn't around in 2015

Yes it was. At some point you need to start getting your facts straight before you open your mouth. 

7 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Bola wasn’t around in 2015.

This is correct. DJ Rone has demonstrated how to know what you're talking about before talking about it. Take pointers.

As for the primary topic, WC didn't ban people because it would clear too much of their player base if they banned everyone who benefited from the exploit. Simple as that.

I don't really understand why those players/tribes are getting a free pass. They didnt follow the rules so ban them its unfair and its makeing official servers unfair.

If they don't do something then noone will learn a lesson and cheating will stay in ark untill it kills it. Really who wants to play a game the right way when you can cheat and get away with it

7 minutes ago, ZillaArk said:

I don't really understand why those players/tribes are getting a free pass.

Because a couple "but that's not fair" threads are nothing compared to every video game media outlet in the world running the headline, "Wildcard bans majority of player base over exploit left in game for two years."

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to cheaters prosper!

Archived