3 hours ago, Mjsechrest said:

I can confirm this is the abuse of admin commands on official servers. I've seen it multiple times in legacy but never thought it would be around still. And to think no one will get banned. If you thought duping was bad you were only at the tip of the iceberg. No need to duplicate when you can fabricate anything you want (except for dinos apparently it doesn't work) 

With the duping, and infinity meat, and unlimited weight glitch, and god tames, I wonder exactly how much, if anything these mega tribes actually got legitimately. I am guessing nothing. I guarantee wildcard gave the mega tribes the admin commands

Edit: as I said, definitely an inside job. lets see what other details come out soon. I wonder how deep the corruption goes?

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jigglyfluff said:

If WC doesn't like to ban cheater tribes, then just take away the product of their exploits, and if you cant identify what to take then take all and let them start fresh, no base, dinos or gear.

Simply ignoring it makes no sense. Are you gonna call off the previous bans that were less severe than this one? And how will you make it up to them :P  

This way all WC is advertising is "Join a mega tribe and get a ban pass, it really doesn't matter what you do, as long as there are lots of other people doing it..."

Not really, because others gets the pass too. It just say, do as the mega tribe does. Which actually makes sense, most of them have decent management and are the epitome of efficiency.

14 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

I have mixed feelings here. I play on unofficial only, and don't deal with cheaters. We do get to deal with crap like the flyer nerf (thank God for mods!) though. However, I now have to download an 8.2GB patch and it has me curious as to what was so bad that such a monster patch was released. As the owner of multiple dedicated servers I really would like to know, but I doubt I'll hear anything. Heck, I just want to know what the exploit did, not how to do it! Did it grant god-mode? Did it grant duped items/dinos? What did it do that was this massive? That's all I want to know.

I have friends around the globe now who won't be on for a while as they download this massive patch. I have TWC 300Mbps speed, but most of them do not.

I'm totally with you there. As an admin of 5 map cluster, we all need to know at min what was the end result of the given exploit so us unofficial admin can make clear decision if we have to proceed with our own investiguation. And if we find some of our players that Did we can Decided to Ban them our self. Not All Admin are like WC some of us have Zero-Tolerance With such things.

1 hour ago, Paroxyde said:

But they did not say all cheats and exploits are pardonned, only THIS one is. Do you know which one it is? It could be the fact that you can smelt metal, make gasolin and make charcoal at the same time. You don't know, so you can't judge.

I can judge all I want. they pick and choose who to ban, plain and simple. that is complete corruption and there is no arguing that. the proof is already present. some got banned, some didn't, end of story

edit: for some reason I cant reply anymore, probably more corruption smh. Like I said, it doesn't matter what they did, an exploit is an exploit. you cant pick and choose who to punish. and by the way, it wasn't something small.

Just now, mafdet said:

I can judge all I want. they pick and choose who to ban, plain and simple. that is complete corruption and there is no arguing that. the proof is already present. some got banned, some didn't, end of story

End of nothing. You don't even know what exploit they are talking about and assume is some duping >.> For all we know it's the fact that you could fast travel with beds.

3 hours ago, GP said:

You all complaining that no-one has been banned, but at the same time you have no idea what the vulnerability/exploit was.

It could very well be a situation where someone has exploited the vulnerability and then 100's of others have inadvertently benefited from them doing so. And if many mega tribes have used the exploit then potentially 1000's upon 1000's may have benefited. Where do you draw the line on bans and responsibility.

I think the important thing here is that a clearly major vulnerability has finally been patched. Of course it's a mysterious one, but i'm sure news of what it was will come out as no-one will be able to exploit it anymore.

except they never actually fix anything. I bet the mega tribes have already found a way around the fix. and because of that corruption they still wont get banned because the same amount of people will do it again. And this is all if it wasn't WC or a GM that didn't provide the exploit in the first place

Perhaps developers are watching to see what else the people who have been identified to be cheating are doing? Maybe there is more they are curious about but haven't quite identified and are hiding in the shadows so to speak to see what these tribes and individuals are doing. Cheaters get comfortable, think all is well, get careless, etc. Just a thought for those who are so (understandably) pissed about these parties not being disciplined. If the scope of the cheat/exploit is really so massive and potentially being used accidentally or unintentionally like Devs say then banning wouldn't be the right approach I don't believe personally, but everything should be wiped imo. Purge the servers of any and all items/progress/etc not earned properly. If anything that action may even cause these cheaters to be more motivated to use other exploits to regain what status they had...no? Just some thoughts.

As I play single player I am not as invested in this as some so I'm not so emotionally attached. As curious about what the exploit was as I am I also understand the Devs want the game to be successful and have good reason (I assume) not to explain what it is. Players should be thankful that the Developers are actively working to improve/fix game versus allowing it forever, better late than never? Anyways being angry solves nothing, be grateful these exploits are being addressed, be grateful those who are cheating are known, be grateful developers are making an effort on some level. No one is perfect even the developers, if anyone really thinks they could do a better job or at the very least don't think the developers are doing the best they could maybe go apply to be an intern and see what they do day in and day out? Complaining about 100% of a problem, only knowing 10% is ignorant and solves nothing. Makes sense to want to know, but if they don't want to say anything then it is what it is. 

Most likely duping, duping has been around since 2015 when they first tried out cross-ark transfers which they quickly shut-down once duping got out of hand, they then re-introduced it, duping happened again, they made all the official servers into legacy and added the transfer timers. Now duping it once again happening and they are trying to patch it once again except this time, they aren't making legacy 2 servers and just letting everyone continue on with theirs lives as mega tribes. I don't blame them for not wanting to ban mega tribes, they are the only ones really playing on official as mega tribes just crush solo/small tribes constantly anyways. If you ban them all, there won't be anyone left to play official. 

1 hour ago, SolaoBajiuik said:

Breeding wasn't implemented in 2015.   That came out in mid-2016.

I started may 2016, but I though breeding had been around for longer (the patch below is from oct 2015).

http://www.ark-survival.net/en/2015/10/15/ark-survival-evolved-patch-219-2-219-3/

Spoiler

v219.3
* Fixed issue with Knocked-Out state after fast travel (thank you Steam user "Itsr2ghgaming"!!!)
* Unconscious or ridden or encumbered dinos can no longer mate
* Baby Dino Food consumption rate decreased by 60% and Baby maturation speed doubled (thus an effective 80% overall Food reduction to mature)
* "Baby" phase specifically (<10% matured) will no longer consume food from Feeding Troughs, only their own Inventories
* Fertilized Eggs will no longer fall thru floors when re-entering an area etc
* Fixed issue with camera getting stuck in 3rd person when your chair/bench is destroyed while sitting on it
* Fixed a case where Babies could lay Eggs
* Fixed frozen/glitched dino animations in various Mods/TC's

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/535151589891562062/

2 minutes ago, Jacira said:

As much as it seems like it's about item duping. I don't see how it can be if it's been apart of the game since August 2015. That really throws everything off because there wasn't even an ark data tab until 2016.

duping has been a part of many many many games and only one of those games had an ark data tab

What gets me about the whole thing is the allure of playing on an official server and not a personal one is the thought everything is legit and by the book.  Now that curtain has been opened and the great and wonderful Oz is just a man.  And what makes it worse is these people destroyed the security reputation of the "official server persona" and you let them walk with zero response.   What is to keep people playing on official servers if its the wild west and there is no sheriff in the town?  The real damage isn't how these tribes gained advantages by exploiting,  it's the reputation official servers now have of being questionable and not secure.  Diablo 1 remembers.

Interesting post on reddit:

Palladinsoldier [score hidden] 22 minutes ago* 

The ark devs is lying to everyone during this matter majority of ark didnt use this exploit at all but among few of the tribes that had acces to it some of the biggest tribes is listed. The exploit is about testers among others having acces to ADMIN commands on official servers. Which basically has made it possible for TRIBES to spawn in items, god mode, ghost mode, open vaults without knowing the pincode among others. Its basically Legacy 2.0.

Arbitrary and shameful. It’s hard to say if this is more ignorant and uniformed or cowardly and corrupt. Probably a bit of both. I can’t get over that they actually came out and said, “we aren’t going to ban because it’s a lot of people. “ It’s like they understand the absurdity of it and carry on anyway. Like I said, arbitrary...

if you’re not going to ban anyone for it then what’s the harm in telling what the exploit is/was? 

we aren’t exactly entitled to be informed but it seems very unprofessional for a development team to be aware of player concerns and not address them, especially when, according to WC, no one will be affected by the upcoming changes.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to cheaters prosper!

Archived