• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's only marketing.
The BattlEye banned one million !!!! cheaters in PUBG, so now the PUBG in the news = cheaters heaven.
The BattlEye found lots of cheaters in ARK too, but Wildcard not ban anyone = no cheaters ban, no bad news about ARK, everything is silent...
But this is NOT FAIR against normal ordinary players.
...and the WildCard: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

1 hour ago, Zederia said:

Well thats nice of you WC for not banning cheaters ..

Why do you think my self and another 25 ppl we dont play official no more nor we will ever play on them ?  We left cause of cheaters..

Or maybe cause you guys have weak policies even tho you had proof of ppl cheating and you payed certain ppl to provide and expose cheaters .. yet this is a one time thing and they free to go.

Thank you WC for all your services...

18 minutes ago, RxBilly said:

Well thats nice of you WC for not banning cheaters ..

Why do you think my self and another 25 ppl we dont play official no more nor we will ever play on them ?  We left cause of cheaters..

Or maybe cause you guys have weak policies even tho you had proof of ppl cheating and you payed certain ppl to provide and expose cheaters .. yet this is a one time thing and they free to go.

Thank you WC for all your services...

For all we know, you might have been using it with your 25 people... You might not have even noticed it was an exploit...

As long they don't disclose what this so called exploit is, you don't know. It's like calling for a death by dismemberment for a "tssk" you said to your teacher when he said your name wrong.

Why? Because it was probably a Dupe Glitch.
They can't ban people because they can't pin exactly who was doing it. They know what tribes were doing it but they don't know which players. So what ends up happening is 5 people out of 50 cheat and no one else knew and all 50 get banned. It's pretty simple.

I bet some of the people commenting on this thread would be banned today if they went through with the wipe and they wouldn't have a clue what they did.

3 minutes ago, Roojie said:

Why? Because it was probably a Dupe Glitch.
They can't ban people because they can't pin exactly who was doing it. They know what tribes were doing it but they don't know which players. So what ends up happening is 5 people out of 50 cheat and no one else knew and all 50 get banned. It's pretty simple.

I bet some of the people commenting on this thread would be banned today if they went through with the wipe and they wouldn't have a clue what they did.

They'd also do a Battleye ban as well, which if I somehow got hit for an undisclosed exploit that I was not even aware existed, that'd be a real promotion to disable Battleye off my servers and find an alternative solution.

They should be banned into the ground.

I remember when I first experienced aim-botting and ESP years ago on official servers and thought that was bad - then I found out even the building was crooked.

There I was, grinding everything legit while god knows how many people around me were just duping stuff in.

The game is rotten at it's core - cheating has been part of it's culture as long as I can remember. It's a shame, there's a great game here under all the filth, unfortunately it can't be found on official servers.

3 minutes ago, pixelrobot said:

They should be banned into the ground.

I remember when I first experienced aim-botting and ESP years ago on official servers and thought that was bad - then I found out even the building was crooked.

There I was, grinding everything legit while god knows how many people around me were just duping stuff in.

The game is rotten at it's core - cheating has been part of it's culture as long as I can remember. It's a shame, there's a great game here under all the filth, unfortunately it can't be found on official servers.

The funny thing is, there are people out there that think that unofficial = cheating. xD

I can confirm this is the abuse of admin commands on official servers. I've seen it multiple times in legacy but never thought it would be around still. And to think no one will get banned. If you thought duping was bad you were only at the tip of the iceberg. No need to duplicate when you can fabricate anything you want (except for dinos apparently it doesn't work) 

Quote from there:

I know you're all curious about the exploit however you should know that we're still investigating the extent of this exploit, and what else more is capable. As we understand it, there should not be any cases where it's still achievable, and we fully believe it's entirely taken care. However it'll be put through its paces with extensive testing and logging on the live servers to be sure, and because of this, we are not going to provide any specific details. I know that is a little frustrating, but I hope you can understand our reasoning for doing so.

3 minutes ago, Mjsechrest said:

I can confirm this is the abuse of admin commands on official servers. I've seen it multiple times in legacy but never thought it would be around still. And to think no one will get banned. If you thought duping was bad you were only at the tip of the iceberg. No need to duplicate when you can fabricate anything you want (except for dinos apparently it doesn't work) 

so players have admin passwords? or is it more complex than that? did somebody at wildcard leak this information or was it hacked somehow?

2 hours ago, Jacira said:

I'm guessing the vulnerability was duping...

Anyone else know more info? If so many people were doing it surely someone would have to know.....

Not confirmed but I heard just now on discord it's item dupe exploit on obelisk

2 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

They just need to make current official server cluster "Legacy2" or add them to old legacy cluster and open new "official fair-play" servers... Simple.

/s

THIS , DEFINITELY THIS

AS A NEW PLAYER WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO IN A MAP WHERE MILLIONS OF FREE STRUCTURES WERE BUILT

IT MAKES NO SENSE, PLEASE GIVE US NEW CLEAN SERVERS

11 minutes ago, Mjsechrest said:

=o

2 minutes ago, yakushi said:

THIS , DEFINITELY THIS

AS A NEW PLAYER WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO IN A MAP WHERE MILLIONS OF FREE STRUCTURES WERE BUILT

I think we are all getting ahead of ourselves and without knowing more all we are doing is speculating at this point in time lol.

6 minutes ago, yakushi said:

Not confirmed but I heard just now on discord it's item dupe exploit on obelisk

THIS , DEFINITELY THIS

>.> How about old people who lived there since the start of the server? How are we gonna recruit new slaves? New player only join new server, to keep a tribe running, you need a constant flow of new player to do all the chores until they quit ark because of one reason or an other. Should I feed my dinos myself? Presposterous! You newbies are made for those ungrateful jobs. Btw, I'm recruiting, wanna join?

16 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

For all we know, you might have been using it with your 25 people... You might not have even noticed it was an exploit...

As long they don't disclose what this so called exploit is, you don't know. It's like calling for a death by dismemberment for a "tssk" you said to your teacher when he said your name wrong.

Seriously?

There is so much proof of certain tribes cheating such as going under the map and blowing up ur base from under the ground (it has happen to us).. Its documented and proven they know which tribes have done that yet they are letting them go ..  Many of my tribes man have hit the record button and provided this to WC.. 

Also there have been many aimboters  exposed and yet nothing they go free..

Clearly you have not experienced this issues yet.. Good for you cause your are one of the lucky ones.. Enjoy. 

2 hours ago, GP said:

You all complaining that no-one has been banned, but at the same time you have no idea what the vulnerability/exploit was.

It could very well be a situation where someone has exploited the vulnerability and then 100's of others have inadvertently benefited from them doing so. And if many mega tribes have used the exploit then potentially 1000's upon 1000's may have benefited. Where do you draw the line on bans and responsibility.

I think the important thing here is that a clearly major vulnerability has finally been patched. Of course it's a mysterious one, but i'm sure news of what it was will come out as no-one will be able to exploit it anymore.

Umm.. you draw the line where people that actually cheated are banned... you know, the ones that did the exploit.

Then you wipe the servers if it's far-reaching.

Gosh, and I'm not even the CEO and I figured that out all by myself.  I quote the great Forrest Gump:  "I am not a smart man"

2 minutes ago, RxBilly said:

Seriously?

There is so much proof of certain tribes cheating such as going under the map and blowing up ur base from under the ground (it has happen to us).. Its documented and proven they know which tribes have done that yet they are letting them go ..  Many of my tribes man have hit the record button and provided this to WC.. 

Also there have been many aimboters  exposed and yet nothing they go free..

Clearly you have not experienced this issues yet.. Good for you cause your are one of the lucky ones.. Enjoy. 

But they did not say all cheats and exploits are pardonned, only THIS one is. Do you know which one it is? It could be the fact that you can smelt metal, make gasolin and make charcoal at the same time. You don't know, so you can't judge.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to cheaters prosper!

Archived