• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Paroxyde said:

"quick", it's game breaking since 2015, apparently x).

Yes, but I figure it has to be something that has been doable since 2015, but haven't been discovered (publicly) until very recently. Thats the only thing I can think of that would result in the quick update (in terms of changing the planned 277 major update from the TLC to this and pushing it out right away).

1 minute ago, Barret said:

Yes, but I figure it has to be something that has been doable since 2015, but haven't been discovered (publicly) until very recently. Thats the only thing I can think of that would result in the quick update (in terms of changing the planned 277 major update from the TLC to this and pushing it out right away).

Kinda sounds worse if you ask me. Been doable since 2015 yet only identified recently according to announcement. Does that mean that the devs have only just found out about it ?

Its despicable whats been allowed here, cheaters allowed to get away with murder, and what do the people who havent cheated get? anything?! this is just like the 2008 wallstreet crash, cheating is bad blah blah, but if there are too many then they are TOO BIG TO FAIL! I play ark to get away from real life and you guys go and mirror it and throw your rules out the window.

2 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Kinda sounds worse if you ask me. Been doable since 2015 yet only identified recently according to announcement. Does that mean that the devs have only just found out about it ?

or the more believable they knew about it from the get go and this  [quick patch] took them 2 years to make or didn't care about it enough to bother trying.

12 minutes ago, wasser510 said:

I´ve read here that the update are updated maps, so your tip with the mesh might be true

I have no idea about game design, nor changing maps/files, so it's just speculation. Another thought is something to do with breeding. That would be one thing I can think of where mega tribes have been a driving force yet it has affected thousands of players who got eggs that originated from one of said mega tribes. I don't know if breeding had any rework done at that time (2015) though. Nor why the update would be so big.

Other than such a thing I have a hard time imagining something worth (or not worth) banning lots of people for (meaning its widespread) without it having been found out earlier and at the same time being so acute today. It's an interesting mystery though. :)

10 minutes ago, Barret said:

They might knew it but it was deemed of negligeable importance or was not found out until today or they deemed it a feature, but found out it wouldn't work well with their next DLC or TLC pass, so they changed their opinion about it.

8 minutes ago, Sphere said:

I would also like to see the world burn.

worldburn-top.jpg

Wow youve caught me. Am just sitting here with my bucket of popcorn hahaha watching the world burn has become my new favourite past time. Just launch the nuke and wipe all the official servers and be done with it.

On a serious note am interested to see how this plays out. Can potnetially see both sides of the argument. Ban all the cheaters full stop if you ask me, but on the other hand I can see innocents getting caught in the cross fire aswell.

8 minutes ago, aggravating said:

or the more believable they knew about it from the get go and this  [quick patch] took them 2 years to make or didn't care about it enough to bother trying.

I guess the word 'identified' in refering to the exploit could be they have finally nailed and isolated the exploit down.

4 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

I guess the word 'identified' in refering to the exploit could be they have finally nailed and isolated the exploit down.

So they knew about it being used, and didn't do anything to stop people using it before they could fix it? they WILLINGLY allowed cheating to take place?

3 minutes ago, Zederia said:

So they knew about it being used, and didn't do anything to stop people using it before they could fix it? they WILLINGLY allowed cheating to take place?

Your asking me ? :D I am just trying to gleam what little information I can from the announcement from the wording and throwing ideas around. My money is on 'identified' being they have only just found out about it.

1 hour ago, DeningWei said:

At the end of the day mass bans would have made WC a lot of money with people buying new accounts.  I don't see how it isn't win win for WC imposing a ban.

Not entirely. A quarter wouldn't come back. Large alliance networks across servers made up of alpha tribes and indefinite suppliers of fert eggs, mats, etc, all being sold globally. I don't know even know where to begin.. just understand banning SO many people at once, and a significant group of people towards things other than 'to just play' would do more harm than good. Leaving large holes, specifically large holes that hold power, is never EVER a good thing. Besides, morally speaking- WC admitted fault on this one. #neverforget

could it be also about you can "reset"/increase spoil timer with another of the same item? this is one people have been doing, knowingly or unknowingly I don't know

could even be something to do with dilo or rex xD

pretty sure the dev are watching threads like this to find more stuff to fix lol

dev. you guys never fix my tribe. please fix. I cannot merge with another tribe without weird things happening. yes I'm one of those tribes that exist since jun 2015. hurhurhruhurhruhruhruhr how you doing :3

7 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

could it be also about you can "reset"/increase spoil timer with another of the same item? this is one people have been doing, knowingly or unknowingly I don't know

pretty sure the dev are watching threads like this to find more stuff to fix lol

dev. you guys never fix my tribe. please fix. I cannot merge with another tribe without weird things happening. yes I'm one of those tribes that exist since jun 2015. hurhurhruhurhruhruhruhr how you doing :3

No that and looking under ground using k still works so we got 2 ruled out

7 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

i hope not..i use sometime this trick with organic polymer xD 

So glad I'm on unofficial.

If I was on official, there's no option but to be pissed. I play fair.

If I was in a mega tribe, I'd be pissed that I'm being threatened a ban because of what someone else did.

If I wasn't in a mega tribe, I'd be pissed that bases built on game breaking exploits are allowed to stay.

What if the exploit was being able to spawn in your own materials with admin commands? People literally giving themselves base pieces, turrets, ammo, etc. That's an exploit nobody would report and they could have just found out about. They would have logging to know who on what server used the commands. They would know who's involved and decide not to ban.

Ban the player you say? It's a $10 scapegoat for the rest of the mega tribe.

Such bull. I can understand not banning all your players for the small handful who "did not benefit". But the bases shouldn't have stayed. 

1 hour ago, Peen said:

So piss off the other 60% that played by the rules. 

Wild Card logic right there for you

and btw, the dev's won't even be reading this you can be sure of that. Its always a standerdized format text they awnser which comes down too: "we read everything on the forum regarding feedback but we never post ourselfs on the forum". If they did however read the forum they would've known about certain bugs and glitches/dupes that popped in the general discussion forum during 2016-2017 that up untill today are still not fixed. Just take a look at a massive tribe on PvE that uses certain servers as their dino storage and figure out their main server. Follow them around for a bit and within 2h-3h (as a player not a dev with powers who can do this in 10 mins) you will learn some tricks that are "on the edge of the rules" as they describe them. 

I know some will ask, well here's 1 of the subjects: "wild Dino AI"

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to cheaters prosper!

Archived