how create a cluster xbox with a server hosted in a home computer ?

Beliefs why it doesn't show up yet Nitrado always does:

1. Havoc Server Provider, (a popular  steam server provider)The in game ARK list will only permit you to search through a small, random handful of servers, generally between 2 and 3 thousand; keep in mind that there are over 10,000 servers currently online. Unfortunately, this is not something we cannot control.

2. Survival Servers (another popular steam server provider) ARK needs to utilize MSLP/Steam Query to fetch their own server list but I've been told that because this is a legacy approach to fetching server lists and that Steam's dedicated server API is the way forward. Sad because it is very off in terms of real unofficial server numbers. We get requests about this almost every day for an entire year. Steam needs to fix this!

These are coming from legit companies that offer the exact same thing as Nitrado yet they never show up either. Still want to stay Wildcard and Nitrado don't have some kind of arrangement when it comes to what appears on the server list? If you are hosting company and can promise to appear on the server list while others don't, that gives you a competitive advantage and they will want to protect that because we all know their actual hardware is not competitive, you can tell by all the lag on officials. 

Guest DJRone89
9 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

Beliefs why it doesn't show up yet Nitrado always does:

1. Havoc Server Provider, (a popular  steam server provider)The in game ARK list will only permit you to search through a small, random handful of servers, generally between 2 and 3 thousand; keep in mind that there are over 10,000 servers currently online. Unfortunately, this is not something we cannot control.

2. Survival Servers (another popular steam server provider) ARK needs to utilize MSLP/Steam Query to fetch their own server list but I've been told that because this is a legacy approach to fetching server lists and that Steam's dedicated server API is the way forward. Sad because it is very off in terms of real unofficial server numbers. We get requests about this almost every day for an entire year. Steam needs to fix this!

These are coming from legit companies that offer the exact same thing as Nitrado yet they never show up either. Still want to stay Wildcard and Nitrado don't have some kind of arrangement when it comes to what appears on the server list? If you are hosting company and can promise to appear on the server list while others don't, that gives you a competitive advantage and they will want to protect that because we all know their actual hardware is not competitive, you can tell by all the lag on officials. 

Logic is lost on you. Carry on blaming someone else instead of actively trying to resolve the issue. See how far that gets you.

5 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Logic is lost on you. Carry on blaming someone else instead of actively trying to resolve the issue. See how far that gets you.

I have yet to see you offer one suggestion or solution, you just contradict everything anyone says in this thread, that is definition of a troll. If there was a block button I would use it so I don't have to read anything you write. Please enlighten me with your logic when 99% of the people except Nitrado have this issue, please explain that me Ole Enlightened ONE!

Your very first response was trying to instigate troll behavior by adding a negative statement. 

"Why would Nitrado pay Wildcard for their PC unofficials to show up on the list when Wildcard rent their official servers from Nitrado? Think logically here."

Edit: Found the block button, thank you!

Edited Tuesday at 03:47 PM by DJRone89

22 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

Which is the entire issue dude....if they can get nitrado to work which uses the exact same license and x86 hardware as a hosted PC then the devs can get player hosted servers to show up. This is a day 1 issue not just Xbox but also steam hosting and other hosted server providers hosting on PC via steam licenses. The player base has begged for a fix and the devs ignore it because we all know thier true motive. To think otherwise is just being naive or you work for nitrado. 

Nitrado isn't running asic hardware or special software.

Rather than be argumentative dude maybe you could provide some solutions.

This is exactly my point. We buy the game to run a server. They have gotten their money. There is no reason to make sure our servers do not show up in the list other than to push people onto official and paid services. More people will play if they would put our servers on the list reliably. Their numbers would go up in large numbers if player dedicated was consistent. They would make more money in people buying the game to play on servers more to their liking. The offensive part is they told us we would be able to run our servers, then they make it purposely almost unusable. Why even have the option to run a server and then make it painful..lol

Guest DJRone89
On 09/03/2018 at 12:08 PM, Juggernaut said:

I have yet to see you offer one suggestion or solution, you just contradict everything anyone says in this thread, that is definition of a troll. If there was a block button I would use it so I don't have to read anything you write. Please enlighten me with your logic when 99% of the people except Nitrado have this issue, please explain that me Ole Enlightened ONE!

Your very first response was trying to instigate troll behavior by adding a negative statement. 

"Why would Nitrado pay Wildcard for their PC unofficials to show up on the list when Wildcard rent their official servers from Nitrado? Think logically here."

All of your arguments are based on blaming someone else instead of trying to resolve the issue. Again, logic is lost on you.

Guest DJRone89
16 hours ago, OBoingo said:

This is exactly my point. We buy the game to run a server. They have gotten their money. There is no reason to make sure our servers do not show up in the list other than to push people onto official and paid services. More people will play if they would put our servers on the list reliably. Their numbers would go up in large numbers if player dedicated was consistent. They would make more money in people buying the game to play on servers more to their liking. The offensive part is they told us we would be able to run our servers, then they make it purposely almost unusable. Why even have the option to run a server and then make it painful..lol

So 2 years before Rented servers came out, Wildcard were pushing people to play rented?

Right?

On 3/10/2018 at 4:17 AM, DJRone89 said:

All of your arguments are based on blaming someone else instead of trying to resolve the issue. Again, logic is lost on you.

How do you suppose we resolve the issue?  lol. Last I checked we are not the ones in control of programming.  Says the guy that thinks he is being logical...

On 3/9/2018 at 4:08 AM, Juggernaut said:

I like watching him make no sense and just being argumentative for arguing sake. We just want our servers to realiably show up on the lists so we can enjoy the game. Wildcard has full control over that and we have been respectfully asking for it for some time. We don’t need dino rerendering as much as we need the list fixed.

Guest DJRone89
14 hours ago, OBoingo said:

I like watching him make no sense and just being argumentative for arguing sake. We just want our servers to realiably show up on the lists so we can enjoy the game. Wildcard has full control over that and we have been respectfully asking for it for some time. We don’t need dino rerendering as much as we need the list fixed.

So blaming Nitrado is you trying to resolve the issue right? I even made a thread about it in the bugs and support section, more than what either of you too have done. GG

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

So blaming Nitrado is you trying to resolve the issue right? I even made a thread about it in the bugs and support section, more than what either of you too have done. GG

Again, reading comprehension eludes you. Never blamed Nitrado, but you would know that if you understood the words you read. I too have brought this up in the support section. You are trolling and once again came up short. GG indeed

blocked as well. I would like solutions not trolls trying to just illogically argue

I know it is possible to get on the ark server list after 3-4 days of running the server 24-7 (I have done it a few times), the issue is now with last TLC patch and/or xbox windows 10 update I can't keep the server up longer than 24 hrs. I had Microsoft look at my computer, check event viewer, had me reset my computer back to factory defaults and still having issues.

1st issue:

Client-licensing/DCOM issue. Game will crash after 24hrs because it thinks I don't own the game anymore. Tons of event show up every day in the event viewer related to this. Wasn't a problem 2 weeks ago. After the crash, if you attempt to launch the game, it will not launch. You have to download another windows store app, then it will launch but again will crash 24hrs later so you have to rinse and repeat which keeps me ever reaching server list.

2nd Issue:

A new issue, again after the latest TLC update/xbox app update, the game won't crash but people can no longer join my server as the join game option is greyed out, other are having this same issue. NAT is open, ports are forwarded. Only way to reset it, is to close the ark game down and restart it which again causes me not be able to hit the server list.

Last:

We know how to get on server list sort of (have server up for 3-4 days 24-7 and it might appear, still would like to know exactly what we need to do, as Nitrado show up within 10 minutes of hosting on there). We can never cluster without command line access as we need a place to link the Cluster IDs and currently there is no method via ini files. Either somehow expand ini file usability or make a standalone app that is strictly for hosting for the windows store that is separate from the game with all the features/hosting options the PC steam version has. 

On 3/8/2018 at 6:51 AM, DJRone89 said:

@OBoingo @Juggernaut

Are you angry at Wildcard for allowing official servers to show up in the sessions list?

no , i'm mad at wild card for the non officials rented servers not showing up on the list . that's the oposite . i have no problem on the officials and nitrado showing.  but when will the others . after 2 years of existing game it still not fixed .  better release new map and make more money with it then fixing issues that are as big as this one 

Guest DJRone89
9 minutes ago, MinDistortion1 said:

no , i'm mad at wild card for the non officials rented servers not showing up on the list . that's the oposite . i have no problem on the officials and nitrado showing.  but when will the others . after 2 years of existing game it still not fixed .  better release new map and make more money with it then fixing issues that are as big as this one 

Think we need a #badarkart for this

• 2 weeks later...

This is all good knowledge and what I have found is if you use the Ark Server Manager for pc. you can use the settings to build a custom ark for the windows store version for Xbox if you copy and paste the .ini files. Now when it comes to clustering to multiple Arks I am still looking into it. Since wildcard doesn't show how and no one knows at the moment.

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2018 at 9:28 AM, bertrob2 said:

This is all good knowledge and what I have found is if you use the Ark Server Manager for pc. you can use the settings to build a custom ark for the windows store version for Xbox if you copy and paste the .ini files. Now when it comes to clustering to multiple Arks I am still looking into it. Since wildcard doesn't show how and no one knows at the moment.

I am very interested in the out come of this. I am coming to xbox from the steam version and having hosted a cluster previously, I am lost on how to set it up for the win10/xbox version.

I have heard about running one instance, and then a second one inside of a VM with a second dummy account. How ever I don't know enough about VM, I'm not sure the VM would have access to the host OS's files for the cluster files.

Cheers,

Rex

You can't cluster on xbox or windows store pc hosting unless there is commandline startup access like there is for nitrado/steam in which case there is not. No amount of editing ini files will get you there. 

You can run as many hosted accounts as you want using multiple windows log ins, VMs, multiple computers etc. but to actually cluster/link them isn't happening. 

• 9 months later...
On 2/15/2018 at 2:39 AM, MinDistortion1 said:

linking the same gt to 5 computer it's kind of interesting but you still need 5 computers and so far , i cant  really use the computer linked the the server and do other operations on it . maybe going online but not opening eavy software , cause ark sever allready using 70% of ram resources .

so for a small soultion , do you think i can :

- shut server 1

-open server 2 and create the map 

-shut server 2

-open server 1 and upload tribute, dinos,character ( without trying to transfer to other server if not showin on list server 2)

-shut server 1

-open server 2 and see if can download data from server one . 

(hoping it could work since is the same gamer tag , but i have no idea if it's possible without uplaoding to a server list when uploading on server 1)

hey guys. i played ark 300 days on xbox platform.. then set up my own server on pc so i could do my own. nitrado was expensive running a full 6 map cluster for 6 months and worring about coming up with rent for a video game???!!! lol

anyways in my journey to set up a multiple server cluster using only oneinstance of the installation of the game/server files and use an advanced command to specify the map name, ports, cluster info, etc... all in the startup command.. all the rest of the edits in the game.ini and gameusersettings are overwrit with any command called during startup...

so... i set up the config and the user config file in advance adding all my edits, lootcrates, egrams, etc.. then set up modified launch commands to call up each server with its own specific settings- individual settings like the name and ports to use cluster name and path and such.

the only reason im mentioning this is for xbox playanywhere verison on pc, there may be a way to just call the server using a command like we do on pc and allow you to host from the same location with only one installation

i have looked at the playanywhere pc version and the path structure looks the same as i can tell. so once you take ownership of the windows app to allow you to modify the files, you should be able to start the server by editing the command below to suit your needs....

just like putting a command in your config file will over write the default, any command issued at startup will overwrite that setting when it loads the server...

this is my start command to start ragnarok map... by specifying the additional commands in the start command, it will ignore any same setting in the config file and run your command instead

heres my start command maybe you can change the path to your xbox location or use this info somhow to use the same install and call up all the servers you need from one installation

start "Ark Ragnarok Server" /normal "E:\!_ARK_SERVER\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe" Ragnarok?listen?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=32330?SessionName=BendOregonBoostedArkCluster-r?ServerAdminPassword=notrealpw?MaxPlayers=32?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -clusterid=notrealid -ClusterDirOverride="E:\!_ARK_SERVER\ShooterGame\Saved" -NoTransferFromFiltering -UseBattlEye -servergamelog -servergamelogincludetribelogs -ServerRCONOutputTribeLogs -usecache -nosteamclient -game -server -log

and this command will start another server map from the same installation:

start "Ark Extinction Server" /normal "E:\!_ARK_SERVER\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe" Extinction?listen?Port=7787?QueryPort=27085?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=32340?SessionName=BendOregonBoostedArkCluster-e?ServerAdminPassword=notrealpw?MaxPlayers=32?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -clusterid=notrealid -ClusterDirOverride="E:\!_ARK_SERVER\ShooterGame\Saved" -NoTransferFromFiltering -UseBattlEye -servergamelog -servergamelogincludetribelogs -ServerRCONOutputTribeLogs -usecache -nosteamclient -game -server -log

but notice it changes the map name and ports, etc but uses the same location and the rest of the config and userconfig files will be read but will ignore anything specified in the start command,,, or overwrite it or whatever....

hope it helps? not sure how to handle the multiple gamer tags... maybe multi-sign in would work somehow...  then the xbox issue of not showing your game name in the server list is still a problem so i dont know if you would see it in the list anyways....

Archived