how create a cluster xbox with a server hosted in a home computer ?

hi i'm hosting my server on a home pc with the emulation of ark available on microsoft store . that you can get if you own the xbox verssion of the game .  so it's a GAMERTAG hosting the server 

i'm playing with my character on xbox .

i would like to be able to ceate a cluster wit 5 maps .

Do i have to have 5 computers with  servers running same time with 5 differnt gametags ?

or can i close 1 fist map server after uploading the data , and open the second map server with same gamertag as first map and ones it's running i can upload the data and character ? this way going from one map to next .

i can't see a way to see a server where i can transfer my character and dinos and data for the moment and i would like to create those servers you can find in search after uploading and wanna transfer .

or even understand what is the way to relate the xbox crossplay with a ps player . like invinting a ps 4  player in my server GT hosted 

The issue I have had is I can’t seem to find a way to run a second copy of ark on my same computer. I tried downloading sandboxie but it only opens programs. I can’t find a way to open a second copy of a windows 10 app. My computer could easily run multiple ark servers but until we can find a way to open multiple copies of a windows 10 game app we won’t be able to run multiple servers on one pc. Unless, someone out there has found a solution. 

It might be possible through VMs but I don't see a way to connect/cluster them yet. I can try testing the VM method using windows hyper-v. My initial guess is that it might work but would be advisable to run a dedicated hard drive per server and the fastest clocked processor you can get your hands on. I know you can link up to 5 computers to a single gold account so maybe you don't need multiple copies of the game. 

Forgot about VM.  It does act like a second computer within one. Probably have to have a second licensed copy of Windows 10 pro and I bet another copy of ark to run on it. I haven’t used VM much so not sure how tough navigating both at the same time. If you have the settings able to transfer it might work. Problem is our servers only randomly show up on the Xbox dedicated player list and no one has found how to fix that. Without being on the list you would not be able to even pick your 2nd server to move to.

I am confident i could get clusters to work via VMs but actually seeing the other servers in the list is the major issue I forgot about. I wish the devs would address it, funny how nitrado shows immediately within renting yet I can leave mine up for a week straight and it might be there for 1 hr. @Jatheish

Edit: look's like ark server list is limited to 4500 listing but there are only like 2.2k on xbox listed. They use a server rank but not sure how or how often they refresh the rank. My guess nitrado pays for rank, then based on up time, population, and ping. I think the server list should query/refresh if you apply filters that way it can select beyond the 4500 ranked ones. It might take it slightly longer but then there is no limit on amount that appear, well 4500 per filter but most filters are pretty specific so it would pull a lot less.

On 2/7/2018 at 4:47 PM, Juggernaut said:

It might be possible through VMs but I don't see a way to connect/cluster them yet. I can try testing the VM method using windows hyper-v. My initial guess is that it might work but would be advisable to run a dedicated hard drive per server and the fastest clocked processor you can get your hands on. I know you can link up to 5 computers to a single gold account so maybe you don't need multiple copies of the game. 

linking the same gt to 5 computer it's kind of interesting but you still need 5 computers and so far , i cant  really use the computer linked the the server and do other operations on it . maybe going online but not opening eavy software , cause ark sever allready using 70% of ram resources .

so for a small soultion , do you think i can :

- shut server 1

-open server 2 and create the map 

-shut server 2

-open server 1 and upload tribute, dinos,character ( without trying to transfer to other server if not showin on list server 2)

-shut server 1

-open server 2 and see if can download data from server one . 

(hoping it could work since is the same gamer tag , but i have no idea if it's possible without uplaoding to a server list when uploading on server 1)

• 3 weeks later...

Still can't see my server on the list after last update and it says : - Fixed multiple client/server crashes

really, i don't see what to do , to have my server in a list ; i don't think it will never show . since it's done with my own home pc and i'm not paying like nitrado servers . if was not the xbox various clubs to post would be impossible to have anyone gessing that you server exist .

and since does not show in a list can not transfer  any thing in it . :(

2 hours ago, MinDistortion1 said:

Still can't see my server on the list after last update and it says : - Fixed multiple client/server crashes

really, i don't see what to do , to have my server in a list ; i don't think it will never show . since it's done with my own home pc and i'm not paying like nitrado servers . if was not the xbox various clubs to post would be impossible to have anyone gessing that you server exist .

and since does not show in a list can not transfer  any thing in it . :(

The devs know exactly how to get a server to appear on the list because they told/shown Nitrado since theirs appear with 10 minutes of making one, no issue. Nitrado pays wildcard to be on the list, we don't with no option, so we get the shaft. 

Guest DJRone89
On 05/03/2018 at 4:12 PM, Juggernaut said:

The devs know exactly how to get a server to appear on the list because they told/shown Nitrado since theirs appear with 10 minutes of making one, no issue. Nitrado pays wildcard to be on the list, we don't with no option, so we get the shaft. 

Why would Nitrado pay Wildcard for their PC unofficials to show up on the list when Wildcard rent their official servers from Nitrado? Think logically here.

58 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Why would Nitrado pay Wildcard for their PC unofficials to show up on the list when Wildcard rent their official servers from Nitrado? Think logically here.

Advertisement on the server list, means more individuals paying rental fees. You can only rent a server on xbox from nitrado. 

Guest DJRone89
8 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

Advertisement on the server list, means more individuals paying rental fees. You can only rent a server on xbox from nitrado. 

You’re saying Nitrado pay Wildcard who pay Nitrado? Not only is what you’re saying completely wrong, it doesn’t make the slightest logical sense either.

Because of your statements, you probably don’t realise that the only reason Nitrado are still the only rental service provider, is because none of the others have struck a deal with Microsoft.

Anyone who followed the development of rental servers on Xbox would know that a rental provider needs their own app on the Microsoft store as all purchases on Xbox must go through it.

Right, I’ve gone way off topic here but thought you needed a little schooling on why Nitrado are the only host.

Explain why a nitrado shows up immediately and non nitrado takes days....if you think there isn't some kind of agreement I have some ocean front property in Idaho for sale. I can promise you the server query list is preferring nitrado over others on the limited list. It is not uncommon for companies to buy and sell services to each other. At the end of the day the devs, know exactly what we need to do to appear on the list immediately (open certain ports,etc) but they fail to tell us. They rather see us complain constantly (day 1 issue even on Steam hosting version) and be forever frustrated.....

Guest DJRone89
40 minutes ago, Juggernaut said:

Explain why a nitrado shows up immediately and non nitrado takes days....if you think there isn't some kind of agreement I have some ocean front property in Idaho for sale. I can promise you the server query list is preferring nitrado over others on the limited list. It is not uncommon for companies to buy and sell services to each other. At the end of the day the devs, know exactly what we need to do to appear on the list immediately (open certain ports,etc) but they fail to tell us. They rather see us complain constantly (day 1 issue even on Steam hosting version) and be forever frustrated.....

Let me say this again. Wildcard are not prefering Nitrado servers to appear in the sessions list over non PC servers when non PC servers not appearing in the list was an issue 2 years before rented servers came about. Take your tinfoil hat off!

4 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Let me say this again. Wildcard are not prefering Nitrado servers to appear in the sessions list over non PC servers when non PC servers not appearing in the list was an issue 2 years before rented servers came about. Take your tinfoil hat off!

Wildcard solved the issue but have failed to tell everyone else what the solution is....maybe on purpose?

If rented servers can show up instantly why can't PC hosted ones also? They are using the same hardware and equipment with the same copy of the game as PC hosts. Makes zero sense.

The fact Nitrado is instantly on the list and everyone else has issues is the only evidence a thinking person needs. They pushed hard to advertise for Nitrado over everyone else. It is clear there is a purposeful agenda to discourage anyone from running their own over paid services. They can fix multitudes of minuet details in the game but they can’t get our servers to consistently pop on the dedicated list ?  No, there is a definite lack of interest in fixing this on purpose. Games thrive when the players feel it’s being designed for them. When it starts to feel like a corporation manipulating you, people switch games. I love ark and paid to be able to run my server, but they have made it almost impossible to keep it active due to them not listing it. If they do not fix this, the game will slowly become history and people will flock to the new parallel ones coming. 

Guest DJRone89
8 hours ago, OBoingo said:

The fact Nitrado is instantly on the list and everyone else has issues is the only evidence a thinking person needs. They pushed hard to advertise for Nitrado over everyone else. It is clear there is a purposeful agenda to discourage anyone from running their own over paid services. They can fix multitudes of minuet details in the game but they can’t get our servers to consistently pop on the dedicated list ?  No, there is a definite lack of interest in fixing this on purpose. Games thrive when the players feel it’s being designed for them. When it starts to feel like a corporation manipulating you, people switch games. I love ark and paid to be able to run my server, but they have made it almost impossible to keep it active due to them not listing it. If they do not fix this, the game will slowly become history and people will flock to the new parallel ones coming. 

You guys are delusional.

8 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

@OBoingo @Juggernaut

Are you angry at Wildcard for allowing official servers to show up in the sessions list?

You know we aren't talking about official. We are just trying to run our own clustered dedicated servers without having to spend a fortune with nitrado per month....that is all we ask. I am frustrated that a hosted provider gets preferential treatment over actual players when using the exact same license/hardware hosting for the xbox/windows store (the same platform Nitrado provides hosting for).  

For all we know it could be microsoft causing it since Nitrado has to pay a fee to MS for the nitrado app, either way it is bs since we are also paying customers. 

Guest DJRone89
3 minutes ago, Juggernaut said:

You know we aren't talking about official. We are just trying to run our own clustered dedicated servers without having to spend a fortune with nitrado per month....that is all we ask. I am frustrated that a hosted provider gets preferential treatment over actual players when using the exact same license/hardware hosting for the xbox/windows store (the same platform Nitrado provides hosting for).  

Unofficial servers are exactly the same as Nitrado’s officials so are set up the same.

Console/Win10 servers are run differently and are classed as player dedicated.

Your arguments are flawed because you think Nitrado gets special treatment when you should be focusing on why player dedicated servers aren’t working as intended, and why a day 1 early access issue persists to this day.

You do understand I am talking about nitrado unofficial servers....They all appear under the same filter whether they are Xbox hosted, server hosted, or PC hosted yet nitrado server hosted always appear. 

2nd they are not run differently. They use the same Microsoft required license program and use x86 hardware. 

13 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

@OBoingo @Juggernaut

Are you angry at Wildcard for allowing official servers to show up in the sessions list?

You go off on tangents instead of just reading what is written. I never said I was angry, but worse disappointed to the point where I can not even recommend this game anymore.  It is clear what my issue is and I guess I’ll have to state it again. All I said is they easily fix things they are interested in. They should be focused on fixing the more important issue of player servers not showing up on the list. This has been a problem since day one. They were quick to make sure a service that charges ridiculous rates to play on is up and running and always has no issue showing up so people can find it while purposely snubbing player servers. The fact it’s been years and they don’t even address it shows us they have no interest in fixing it. The only reason in not having our servers show up reliably would be to steer people away from them.

Guest DJRone89
8 minutes ago, OBoingo said:

This is like arguing with a California liberal. You go off on tangents instead of just reading what is written. I never said I was angry, but worse disappointed to the point where I can not even recommend this game anymore.  It is clear what my issue is and I guess I’ll have to state it again. All I said is they easily fix things they are interested in. They should be focused on fixing the more important issue of player servers not showing up on the list. This has been a problem since day one. They were quick to make sure a service that charges ridiculous rates to play on is up and running and always has no issue showing up so people can find it while purposely snubbing player servers. The fact it’s been years and they don’t even address it shows us they have no interest in fixing it. The only reason in not having our servers show up reliably would be to steer people away from them.

Fun fact: Official servers are run by Nitrado. Did it ever occur to you that the reason the PC unofficial servers show up in the sessions list, is because they are exactly the same as official?

Which is the entire issue dude....if they can get nitrado to work which uses the exact same license and x86 hardware as a hosted PC then the devs can get player hosted servers to show up. This is a day 1 issue not just Xbox but also steam hosting and other hosted server providers hosting on PC via steam licenses. The player base has begged for a fix and the devs ignore it because we all know thier true motive. To think otherwise is just being naive or you work for nitrado. 

Nitrado isn't running asic hardware or special software.

Rather than be argumentative dude maybe you could provide some solutions.

Archived