Meello

balance Idea on how to balance ark for the better

REMOVE C4 from the Game...

here is why....

Ok, they are trying to balance this game and they will never be able too. here is why, the main issue is C4, you needed to turret spam to stop C4, if they remove C4 from the game, they can balance the game. the 100 turret limit can defend a base without C4. with C4 you need a bigger and bigger tribe to defend itself because you can't stop a tribe with C4, so to live with C4 you need a bigger tribe which needs more room which means you lag the server with walls and dinos. (bigger means more players more of chance to have someone on when attacked, we all know dino AI cannot defend itself ) Make raiding all dino based not C4. then turrets are great at stopping dino's (they will need to up the amount a turret can hold for ammo) but you can balance this. having a dino to attack a wall vers shielding 1 person with C4 can balance the game easier then C4 spamming. C4 means you need to have a bigger tribe to have a bigger base and more dino's too out live C4 spam. so remove 1 item for a more balanced game.

we have dino's now that can damage stone, and 1 the does a little to metal. well, build on this. make tek saddles able to attack tek walls. 

as I see it remove 1 item from the game to save the game and give PVP a balance change it so needs.

#makearkpvpgreatagain....

you know there are rockets and grenades right. Also very few dinos can damage stone, let alone metal. People use turrets to stop people from shooting rockets mainly or using dinos on raids. C4 is fine as it is. Maybe a little more resource balance in terms of time to make one c4 vs damage vs time to build a structure but in reality offense is always favored over building. It can takes months to build a building in real life and a second to destroy it. Your best defense is a good offense. 

2 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

you know there are rockets and grenades right. Also very few dinos can damage stone, let alone metal. People use turrets to stop people from shooting rockets mainly or using dinos on raids. C4 is fine as it is. Maybe a little more resource balance in terms of time to make one c4 vs damage vs time to build a structure but in reality offense is always favored over building. It can takes months to build a building in real life and a second to destroy it. Your best defense is a good offense. 

The problem with that is turrets can shoot projectiles like grenades and rockets before impact. C4 on this other hand (to my knowledge) doesn’t get shot because of how it is placed just like a structure

32 minutes ago, Juggernaut said:

turrets also shoot c4, if you try to run in with c4 on your dino or another player the turrets will prioritize it. The current base raiding meta is drain and blow. 

Isn’t drain and blow the ideal meta though? Sorry if I’m incorrect but if I were raiding I would drain the turrets first and then the rest should be history

18 hours ago, Inky said:

Isn’t drain and blow the ideal meta though? Sorry if I’m incorrect but if I were raiding I would drain the turrets first and then the rest should be history

Blow up what you can. That's less to drain. 

You can ride up to turrets on a stego with immunity to damage as a player, pull a rocket and fire at turrets. You might die, but you can take out 7 turrets with you. Have the dino on follow to someone at FOB so it retreats automatically when you die.

You can have a paracer with ramps off the front. Put a large box down and c4 on the back of the box. Turrets can't see it until you're right on top. They shoot the c4 and blow themselves up. If they don't shoot the c4, hop of into your 1x1 box and detonate.

12 minutes ago, RasFW said:

You can ride up to turrets on a stego with immunity to damage as a player, pull a rocket and fire at turrets. You might die, but you can take out 7 turrets with you. Have the dino on follow to someone at FOB so it retreats automatically when you die.

You can have a paracer with ramps off the front. Put a large box down and c4 on the back of the box. Turrets can't see it until you're right on top. They shoot the c4 and blow themselves up. If they don't shoot the c4, hop of into your 1x1 box and detonate.

Why dont they just disable mounted combat for stegos?

2 hours ago, RasFW said:

For the stego, I think if WC would tweak the “players only” more for the turret it could make that very much less viable.

for the Paracer WTH that’s a thing? How do you even defend against that???

Edited by Inky
D I L O is spam filtered

On 2/6/2018 at 9:59 AM, Meello said:

REMOVE C4 from the Game...

here is why....

Ok, they are trying to balance this game and they will never be able too. here is why, the main issue is C4, you needed to turret spam to stop C4, if they remove C4 from the game, they can balance the game. the 100 turret limit can defend a base without C4. with C4 you need a bigger and bigger tribe to defend itself because you can't stop a tribe with C4, so to live with C4 you need a bigger tribe which needs more room which means you lag the server with walls and dinos. (bigger means more players more of chance to have someone on when attacked, we all know dino AI cannot defend itself ) Make raiding all dino based not C4. then turrets are great at stopping dino's (they will need to up the amount a turret can hold for ammo) but you can balance this. having a dino to attack a wall vers shielding 1 person with C4 can balance the game easier then C4 spamming. C4 means you need to have a bigger tribe to have a bigger base and more dino's too out live C4 spam. so remove 1 item for a more balanced game.

we have dino's now that can damage stone, and 1 the does a little to metal. well, build on this. make tek saddles able to attack tek walls. 

as I see it remove 1 item from the game to save the game and give PVP a balance change it so needs.

#makearkpvpgreatagain....

I'm sorry what? I am so confused it sounded like the reason they should remove C4 to you is because you can't defend against it? So remove it because you need more tribe members or... idk you sounded like you were just repeating yourself but never actually got to the point.

19 hours ago, Inky said:

For the stego, I think if WC would tweak the “players only” more for the turret it could make that very much less viable.

for the Paracer WTH that’s a thing? How do you even defend against that???

Now think of  a c4 injection raft against a beach base.

Obviously the defense against the paracer is to kill it or the box and ramps. And blow up the boat. But offline raiding (aka ark raiding) you lose.