Mitchell1304

Best forum guys,

Im gonna be be renting an ARK server for the PS4 via Nitrado in about 4 weeks.

im just wondering if i could already make a start on another server and tame some dinos.

i heared something about dino transfer. i figured out what it is, but im wondering if i could play local and then after a few weeks transfer him to that server.

i renting that server to play on with my friends on school and stuff.

So please help me :D 

Thanks!

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Mitchell1304 said:

Best forum guys,

Im gonna be be renting an ARK server for the PS4 via Nitrado in about 4 weeks.

im just wondering if i could already make a start on another server and tame some dinos.

i heared something about dino transfer. i figured out what it is, but im wondering if i could play local and then after a few weeks transfer him to that server.

i renting that server to play on with my friends on school and stuff.

So please help me :D 

Thanks!

Though not tested personally, I’ve heard from people and Nitrado themselves that you can upload items/dinos from singleplayer to a Nitrado server as long as the rented server is not in its own cluster and has the item/dino transfers enabled.

21 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Though not tested personally, I’ve heard from people and Nitrado themselves that you can upload items/dinos from singleplayer to a Nitrado server as long as the rented server is not in its own cluster and has the item/dino transfers enabled.

Do you mean Singleplayer or Non dedicated?

thanks for response by the way

Guest DJRone89
18 minutes ago, Pysmo said:

Hi there, it mostly depends on the server settings of the sever you want to transfer too, you need a server that has uploads/download enabled. I have them enabled on my server if you wanted to go there until you have your own .

OP asked if he could play locally and then upload to his own rented server once it’s up. Why would they want to play on someone else’s server in the mean time when there is no guarantee that they will have the option to transfer when the time comes?

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, Mitchell1304 said:

Do you mean Singleplayer or Non dedicated?

thanks for response by the way

Non dedicated is simply the same saved file of the single player hosts game.

6 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

OP asked if he could play locally and then upload to his own rented server once it’s up. Why would they want to play on someone else’s server in the mean time when there is no guarantee that they will have the option to transfer when the time comes?

Ahhh misread sorry, still stands tho doesn't it if everything is enabled both sides?

Guest DJRone89
8 minutes ago, Pysmo said:

Ahhh misread sorry, still stands tho doesn't it if everything is enabled both sides?

Yes but only if the rented server is not in it’s own cluster.

Though I’d be careful if you have transfers enabled in that scenario because what’s stopping someone from spawning in a level million dino on their singleplayer and uploading it to your server?

8 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Yes but only if the rented server is not in it’s own cluster.

Though I’d be careful if you have transfers enabled in that scenario because what’s stopping someone from spawning in a level million dino on their singleplayer and uploading it to your server?

Ye true but ill put it on pve till everyone is settled

Archived