Requirements for boss fights.

Grandta

I would say on the easiest broodmother:

• Have powerful weapons (Such as rockets, assault rifles, etc.)
  • Stay away from it, you don't want to get tangled. 
  • High-level rexes (I would say around 4-7 that have pumped health and melee)
  • Explosives do amazing
  • Bring stimulants to counter the poison
  • You can try swarming it with turtles and then go for the kill with rexes or carnos
  • Megatherium that are high leveled can bring it down easily

Good Luck!!

On the easiest Megapithecus:

• Bring high tier assault rifles and compound bows
  • Bring legions of either raptors, carnos, rexes, or baryonyx (Or combos of them)
  • Don't stand still, or it's rock throw will demolish you
  • Make sure and help your tames and use your weapons to limit tames deaths
  • Its rock throw can be used against its monkeys it spawns

Good Luck (again)!!

Which boss are we talking about?
How many rexes do you have?
What armor saddles do you have?

_____

It depends a lot on your saddles armor. 
It's always a fine balance of HP / Melee. So of course, the more melee you have, the faster you will kill the boss and therefore you need less HP on the rexes. However, you obviously need enough HP to survive killing the bosses. 

With saddles of around 50 armor or so, I would go for about 20.000 health and rest in melee. (400-500 melee). It also depends on how many rexes you are taking with you? You don't mention that. 
My tribe and I are using 18 rexes with each 15k-20k health (100-120 armor saddles) and about 600-700 melee each rex. We are doing Ragnarok boss arena (easy - official PVE) without any problem and with more than enough time left. 

It's also very important that you get yourself a Yutyranus to boost your rexes Resistance and damage output. 

- I don't recommend using any weapons, waste of time and the damage output is minimal compared to the rexes. Better focus on keeping your uptime on the Yutyranus roar up 24/7 and control your rexes with whistles for optimal damage. 

1 minute ago, DrChicken24 said:

The dragon will be very hard to defeat without a tribe, so... bring a TON of ammo and PUMPED strength and health turtles rexes raptors and carnos, about 5-20 of each.

You know that you can only bring 20 tames with you right? 
Also dragon are really easy. It has low HP, so just get high damage on your rexes and take it down fast.

The fire breath deals a percentage of the Rex's HP, so having high HP rexes is waste. 

2 minutes ago, TraXzDK said:

I don't recommend using any weapons, waste of time and the damage output is minimal compared to the rexes. 

Not exactly true. High tier assault rifles, launchers, and compound bows can be very effective, especially against the broodmother. Also a bunch of pumped health turtles...

3 minutes ago, DrChicken24 said:

Not exactly true. High tier assault rifles, launchers, and compound bows can be very effective, especially against the broodmother. Also a bunch of pumped health turtles...

Sorry to break it down. If you use turtles in Boss battle you are a rookie. 

All the weapons you mention are worse than bringing a Pump shotgun. It's the highest damage weapon. But as I said, it's better to use a Rex youself or a yuty. It deals more damage, especially if it's imprinted. 

3 minutes ago, TraXzDK said:

You know that you can only bring 20 tames with you right? 
Also dragon are really easy. It has low HP, so just get high damage on your rexes and take it down fast.

The fire breath deals a percentage of the Rex's HP, so having high HP rexes is waste. 

Yes, I forgot about tame limits... The dragon will probably take a lot of high melee rexes though, and guns are needed. Why would you not need guns??? They are pretty much optimal for the bosses...

1 minute ago, DrChicken24 said:

Yes, I forgot about tame limits... The dragon will probably take a lot of high melee rexes though, and guns are needed. Why would you not need guns??? They are pretty much optimal for the bosses...

I been doing all bosses on Official PVE - Even ragnarok several times. 
I have never used any weapons, it's a waste and the damage output is minimal. 

4 minutes ago, TraXzDK said:

I been doing all bosses on Official PVE - Even ragnarok several times. 
I have never used any weapons, it's a waste and the damage output is minimal. 

They can still help in the long run of the battle. The pumped shotgun will be minimal v dragon, and I am pretty sure he is a rookie and should use turtles. He also has no tribe since he is on solo, so it would be good for him to have guns for extra power.

23 minutes ago, DrChicken24 said:

They can still help in the long run of the battle. The pumped shotgun will be minimal v dragon, and I am pretty sure he is a rookie and should use turtles. He also has no tribe since he is on solo, so it would be good for him to have guns for extra power.

Using turtles only delays your time on killing the boss. Which results in more damage taken, which makes turtles useless. Turtles deals no damage and are slow as hell, they are at half HP before they even come up close to the dragon. Then it will fly away and land another place.

A rex deals a lot of damage, killing the boss faster and therefore you don't need that much HP on any of your tames. 
If you do this solo, you will have to use the Yuty and keep the roar up giving all your tames more than 25% +  resistance and damage.  25% x 19 rexes = a roughly 5 more rexes in melee damage. I highly doubt that your little weapon can outnumber that. Also giving up on 25% resistance / damage reduction on your tames would be stupid. Using weapons is the worst thing you can do, especially in solo when you don't have anyone else to activate your yuty roar. 

If you talk about the dragon, the only hard part is the fire breath which deals 25% of your dinos max HP.. Which means that if you get hit 4 times by it, most likely only 3 times because in between you will get hit by fireball and his bite, all your tames are dead. Turtles are therefore more useless than ever.  Get your rexes with high melee and rush the dragon before it flyes and breath fire.
Peronally I kill the dragon in less than 1 minut. Easy done. No weapons used. The dragon is the boss with the lowest HP, it's very easy to kill, but do it fast or else it will roast you.

You should really stop giving advice when you clearly don't know what you are talking about and obviously I can hear that you have never defeated the bosses on your own. :-) 
The Rex is the most powerfull tame, it outnumbers anything else. Combine it with a yuty and you have a good army suited for all the easy-boss arenas.

3 hours ago, Grandta said:

Well I'm only after started breeding my Rexes. Have 5 that will reach adult today and they have just 290 melee and 7700 hp and hatched at Lvl 200.

Not the best breeds but it's what I have to work with at the moment.

Also how many levels can a bred Dino get?

What's the max level can my 200 reach?

They will be okay to kill the bosses on easy. Also remember that if you play single player, the bosses are easier than if you play on a public server. 

If I remember correctly, a tamed / breed dino can get an additional 74 levels, the first 45 levels doesn't require much xp, but after that it will take some time to level them up. 
If I were you, I would probably get a slightly better rex before you start breeding to much, it should not take too long to tame a rex with higher than 7700 HP. Considering breeding takes a long time compared to taming a few extra high level rexes :-)

To comparison, our rexes are coming out with 12k+ health and roughly 450 melee. It's a descent rex, but it can get a lot better with mutations. :-)

I'm on official PvE. Works fine if no accident happens. I can only do Spider and Monkey solo so far, the rest require my tribe mates' help.

I'll just quote myself from another thread:

On 27/01/2018 at 4:57 PM, Paroxyde said:

I don't really know about gamma and beta, however, I run weekly or monthly alphas runs on officials and here is my set up:

-Alpha Broodmother:

+14 Rexes 25k hp 800% melee 120 saddles

+ 1 Yuti 30k hp 6k stam 89 saddle

-Alpha Megapithecus:

+18 Rexes 25k hp 800% melee 120 saddles

+ 1 Yuti 30k hp 6k stam 89 saddle

(Fight far from the bridge or your dinos might get pushed to death in the botomless pit. We usually whistle passive, then yuti bait boss to the teleporting platform, then we whistle neutral)

Both are done solo with only one Yuri rider

-Alpha Dragon:

+1 or 2 Megaceros 18k hp 92 saddle

+3 Rexes 25k hp 800% melee 120 saddles

+4 Pump shotgun 250+% 500 bullets per person

+Few sets of decent flak

+Enduro stews and medical brews

(Rare flowers on the megaceros, 10 cakes. Rexes stay away from Dragon and just shoot. When spawn comes, the Ceros hide in the middle and due to rare flower, dimo and ptera will fly low and the rexes just chomp them, then spread again as Ceros tank the Dragon.)

-Alpha Overseer:

+9 Rexes 25k hp 800+% melee 120 saddles

+1 Yuti 30k hp 6k stam 89 saddle

+1 Piggy 120k food 74 saddle

+10 Pump shotgun 250+% 300 bullets per person

+enduro stews

(Piggy on follow with the yuti, lowest setting or might get into lava. He is on no-passive healing and will only heal at the end of tek cave and before boss fight to get fresh rexes. Use Rexes to chomp when he turn up his shield to get some damage in before he stuns and dismounts you, then shotgun him when he is on the run. When in boss form, melt him as fast as possible with rexes.) 

Alpha Manticore:

+10 Lightning wyverns with 15k hp 2k stam 500+% melee

(Watch your stamina and torpor)

Alpha Rockwell:

+ 10 Rock Drakes 15-20k hp 90 saddles

+ 2 High Range light pet

+ 10 Pump Shotgun 250+% 700 bullets per person

(Split in two teams of 5, shoot tentacles from the front of the boss and try to get the others tentacles without going too far. 1 Lightpet holder in each team face tank Reapers, they are easily killed with shotguns once lit, they cannot use R to reload or they will throw their pet. 1 in each team focuses on the boss' projectiles.)

Works so far. 

All dinos are personally 100% imprinted by the rider when there is one. Always mate boosted when more than 2.

The amount of ammo is set so that we have some to spare in case one of us dies due to a disconnection and we can't fetch his stuff. 

General boss killing tips:

-Disregard what @DrChicken24 said about bringing a lot of dinos, you can only bring 20 max. 50 max for overseer.

-Therizinosaurs are better than Rexes, however, breeding them is twice as hard.

-Doing easy then medium then hard is a waste of time. Go straight for alphas. Took me about 4 months to build up toward our first boss kill on official PvE. Would have taken much more time if we went for each difficulty, making us change our breeding criteria. Go straight for alpha. Waste less time. (This point is personnal opinion, just a subjective advice)

-It's a pain to fit your dinos on the obelisk, especially on PvE, where the obelisk are often clustered with boss killing rexes, you should set up a pen near a beacon...

-Do not rush them.

-Always have bloodline breeders ready to churn out eggs in case some accident happens and your boss killing team gets wiped.

-Saddles are of the utmost importance, the difference between a good saddle and a bad saddle is what will make or break your boss run.

-It's always good to have a yuti. If you are good at placement, your yuti only need stamina 3-4k stam and bare minimum health 10-15k hp. That's +25% damage and resistance by spamming C on all your dinos.

-Make friends and allies. Talk and prepare together. Most of the time, more is better.

1 hour ago, Paroxyde said:

General boss killing tips:

-Disregard what @DrChicken24 said about bringing a lot of dinos, you can only bring 20 max. 50 max for overseer.

-Therizinosaurs are better than Rexes, however, breeding them is twice as hard.

-Doing easy then medium then hard is a waste of time. Go straight for alphas. Took me about 4 months to build up toward our first boss kill on official PvE. Would have taken much more time if we went for each difficulty, making us change our breeding criteria. Go straight for alpha. Waste less time. (This point is personnal opinion, just a subjective advice)

-It's a pain to fit your dinos on the obelisk, especially on PvE, where the obelisk are often clustered with boss killing rexes, you should set up a pen near a beacon...

-Do not rush them.

-Always have bloodline breeders ready to churn out eggs in case some accident happens and your boss killing team gets wiped.

-Saddles are of the utmost importance, the difference between a good saddle and a bad saddle is what will make or break your boss run.

-It's always good to have a yuti. If you are good at placement, your yuti only need stamina 3-4k stam and bare minimum health 10-15k hp. That's +25% damage and resistance by spamming C on all your dinos.

-Make friends and allies. Talk and prepare together. Most of the time, more is better.

I made my base around a drop so I wouldn't have to deal with the obelisk.

Still looking for a good saddle BP from drops, still rolling with the engram saddle.

Yeah I plan to get a yuti before I start the bosses.

We have just completed all 3 brood, ape to medium, easy Dragon, alpha manticore and alpha Rag boss with 19 rex (25 - 26k health, 650 - 700 melee) and 1 yuty (18k health, 6k stam) rex and yuty  have asc saddles (120ish armour).

Rex and yuty 100% imprinted.  Usually 5 riders - 3 allied tribes of 2,2 and 1.

All tek gear now unlocked, guess the next will be to try ascension and the ab boss

Archived