How do the People from the Dossiers feel towards eachother?

Flaming104

This made me think and was what inspired me to ask you guys anything else that you've spotted about how they feel about one another.

I finally finished the necklace. I could have had someone else make it, but that wouldn't have felt right, not after all Mei went through to help me. At first I was worried she didn't like it, but it turns out that she just felt guilty for receiving a gift without giving one.

Typical, right? So in exchange, I finally learned what Juzi meant - Tangerine. This whole time, she's been calling me Tangerine! Definitely not the worst ginger centric callsign I've had though, and totally worth it for that look on her face. She was so embarrassed!

In that moment, I almost leaned in and...but I don't think she understands how I feel. Not completely. Not yet.

That's okay. For once, I'm not in a rush. Once we step through that gateway, we'll have all the time in the world.

I mean look at that she obviously likes Mei Yin more than just as a friend

24 minutes ago, Flaming104 said:

true it very much is although its kinda funny that Diana was called a tangerine the entire time without realizing it

No it's not, it's like a black guy was called poop the whole time without realizing it. That's pretty much the equivalent of what tangerine is for redhead.

What is interesting though, is that tangerine is also an homonym for master if you change the accents on the pinyin. Not the master who teaches you, but the master who pays you for your company and protection, like how a bodyguard would call his employer in feodal china.

15 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

No it's not, it's like a black guy was called poop the whole time without realizing it. That's pretty much the equivalent of what tangerine is for redhead.

No it's not, if anything it's the same as a black guy being called potato without realizing. Did you really just compare tangerine with poop? :D:D

17 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

Poop is brown, so is black people. Tangerine is orange, so is redhead. It's color based.

I don't get it

46 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

What is interesting though, is that tangerine is also an homonym for master if you change the accents on the pinyin. Not the master who teaches you, but the master who pays you for your company and protection, like how a bodyguard would call his employer in feodal china.

I seriously don't get it guys why would anyone call a black person poop its just mean call anyone poop its kinda mean unless your friends and your making jokes

2 minutes ago, Flaming104 said:

Safe Space????????

ALRIGHT IM TOO CONFUSED

Yea, I thought so.

So basically what he was saying is that bc the character from the dossier was calling another character a tangerine for having red hair, that it's a color thing. Kind of like how us red heads are called gingers. 

He wasn't necessarily calling black ppl poop. Just referring to the color of ones skin/hair. 

People (including you) have unwittingly associated colors with objects and in the realm of the characters in the dossier, that was the closest thing known to her/him that the character could describe the other as.

1 minute ago, Lumitesi said:

poop is waste, smells bad, is disgusting and associated with anything that isn't good. Tangerine is a fruit, smells nice, tastes nice and is very healthy. How can you not see the difference?

You can argue that all kibbles has poop as its base. Poop is actually better than tangerine... 

Archived