Next DLC hopes/things you want to happen/be added

Anubis7

1 hour ago, DrChicken24 said:

I can't say enough how much I HATE the idea of NPCs... LEAVE IT TO THE MODS!

Oh, and that isn't the only trouble with NPCs.

As a singleplayer guy due 2 no ps+, it wud b nice to hav an option to add cpu ppl into the game.  Half the late game items r pvp based and i hav no use 4 them.  It b cool if small tribes wud spawn wen i did, build, tame and war with me.  Granted as i think about it npc r non combative right? Lol  wen i 1st got this game i looked over the trailers and from how it looked i actually thot there was gonna b villages and npcs.  I think it b cool 2 hav a more intuitive singleplayer story.  Keep the same mechanics and style, even same maps, but more direct storyline instead of reading notes from most likely very old dead ppl.  The story rn is on no man skys lvl

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GerbilRex said:

'The too-much-tek saddle! Get yours today and be forced to do boss runs every five minutes!'

Oooor maybe they could give us some armored saddles that are NOT future-tech level? A tier in between primitive and futuristic?

didn't say i disliked it. i would love to do a raid or boss fight with 8 people blasting at the boss with a tek minigun.

4 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

As a singleplayer guy due 2 no ps+, it wud b nice to hav an option to add cpu ppl into the game.  Half the late game items r pvp based and i hav no use 4 them.  It b cool if small tribes wud spawn wen i did, build, tame and war with me.  Granted as i think about it npc r non combative right? Lol  wen i 1st got this game i looked over the trailers and from how it looked i actually thot there was gonna b villages and npcs.  I think it b cool 2 hav a more intuitive singleplayer story.  Keep the same mechanics and style, even same maps, but more direct storyline instead of reading notes from most likely very old dead ppl.  The story rn is on no man skys lvl

Ok, ok, ok, ok... First of all, the story isn't FROM OLD DEAD PEOPLE! YOU HAVE NO RESPECT FOR HISTORY WHATSOEVER!! (sorry, I am enthusiastic)

Secondly, I have played singleplayer and didn't like it much. So I resorted to PvE PC Cluster Rag servers on Xbox, and they are very fun. The loneliness of singleplayer can be argued, but isn't that what singleplayer is for? 

It is true that late game items are PvP, so the can just make new items that have more uses for singleplayer? Just a thought.

Shown by the Bush People mod, NPCs can be disastrous, dumb, and worse than dino AI (which is see and attack). Yes, it is just a modder (who, frankly, is a good modder), but WC would have the go through great amounts of coding to totally rework the AI and the totality of a new species in itself. I know this by being an amateur coder myself. 

NPCs are not always passive... There are many games with aggressive AI NPCs.

I can see why you would think there would be NPCs, but nah, it would ruin it. :)

It is possible they add a better storyline, but the storyline in singleplayer is the same as in multiplayer, you know... 

And there, that is why NPCs should NOT be added to ARK. 9_9

You haven't been on official servers if you say that.

It would be much easier to troll on Player Dedicated or PC servers because of the increased gathering rates and such. Official servers are much harder to get things, so you can't troll easily. You have to grind to troll.

Obviously, I have :) 

7 hours ago, DrChicken24 said:

Ok, ok, ok, ok... First of all, the story isn't FROM OLD DEAD PEOPLE! YOU HAVE NO RESPECT FOR HISTORY WHATSOEVER!! (sorry, I am enthusiastic)

Secondly, I have played singleplayer and didn't like it much. So I resorted to PvE PC Cluster Rag servers on Xbox, and they are very fun. The loneliness of singleplayer can be argued, but isn't that what singleplayer is for? 

It is true that late game items are PvP, so the can just make new items that have more uses for singleplayer? Just a thought.

Shown by the Bush People mod, NPCs can be disastrous, dumb, and worse than dino AI (which is see and attack). Yes, it is just a modder (who, frankly, is a good modder), but WC would have the go through great amounts of coding to totally rework the AI and the totality of a new species in itself. I know this by being an amateur coder myself. 

NPCs are not always passive... There are many games with aggressive AI NPCs.

I can see why you would think there would be NPCs, but nah, it would ruin it. :)

It is possible they add a better storyline, but the storyline in singleplayer is the same as in multiplayer, you know... 

And there, that is why NPCs should NOT be added to ARK. 9_9

I actually quite enjoy history, now besides rockwell who turned himself into some mutant alien all the other r most likely dead.  Think bout it, they all write in cursive which died with my parents generation and then the fact the earth is in ruins shows its a great many years after our time.  Singleplayer games usually need a decent story, ik the game is multiplayer based but since it has a Singleplayer mode it might as well b dun right.  And we r talking bout dlc and such meaning new species and coding anyways, so i think its a valid thot.  Besides the games coding needs 2 b refined anyways.  I hate it wen im lik ok land and my wyv b lik nope, or my bird b lik ok and it tries 2 land somewhere else.  No stupid u had a perfect spot 2 land right under u, y da fruit u gonna land at the bottom of da rock with the rex...

17 hours ago, DrChicken24 said:

It would be much easier to troll on Player Dedicated or PC servers because of the increased gathering rates and such. Official servers are much harder to get things, so you can't troll easily. You have to grind to troll.

Obviously, I have :) 

Ah, yes, but when the trollers grind they troll...

And it's kind of funny when they don't grind and you're on when they try to kill you...

(aaah yes chitin tribe running head first into my crossbow and the alpha raptor camping me)

But honestly, offline protection? PLEASE. You log out in your wooden shelter you had scrambled to make, and you log back in dead.

Ah, yes, but when the trollers grind they troll...

And it's kind of funny when they don't grind and you're on when they try to kill you...

(aaah yes chitin tribe running head first into my crossbow and the alpha raptor camping me)

But honestly, offline protection? PLEASE. You log out in your wooden shelter you had scrambled to make, and you log back in dead.

Not all Player Dedicated are ORP...

Idk what you were talking about in the beginning. Chitin tribes, alpha raptors? How is this even related to what we are talking about?

earlier water craft with less costs. Kayak, canoe. canoe with outrigger.  These could be smaller and carry less and maybe not be able to be built on but be much faster.

2 hand axe. gathers more wood than the hatchet. higher level.

I am a newer player so don't know if these have been mentioned. didn't read every post of this thread.

1) Stackable Raw Prime Meat, Honey, etc.  So sick of having to dump inventory on my Dragon Killer after just two Wyverns. 

2) An Elevator system that actually snaps into place on foundations. I have wasted so many resources over the last year, trying to get elevators to line up with my buildings. In the end, I've just given up on using them all together.

1 hour ago, Dropy said:

earlier water craft with less costs. Kayak, canoe. canoe with outrigger.  These could be smaller and carry less and maybe not be able to be built on but be much faster.

2 hand axe. gathers more wood than the hatchet. higher level.

I am a newer player so don't know if these have been mentioned. didn't read every post of this thread.

Tame up a Mammoth or one of the other Wood gathering dinos. Really helps.  Just like having a Doed for stone and Anky for Metal is a must.

56 minutes ago, Anubis7 said:

What creatures do you think they should add for a new expansion?

Id lik more mythical creatures to be brought into the game.  I would say somethingly epic, but between gigas(Which fail pretty bad after theyre tamed), wyverns, golems, and a cross between alien and trex i wouldnt even know where to add anything more epic lol

Archived