Next DLC hopes/things you want to happen/be added

Anubis7

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Akherousia said:

Exactly. I don't want them to feel like they can't deviate and give us new creations, but Aberration legitimately didn't feel like Ark to me, despite the aberrant versions of dinosaurs floating about. I understand that new, fictional creatures are likely necessary to advance the storyline, but I think there is still room for some new dinosaurs to be included, too.

Mmhmm...

A Hunger Games or Survival of Fittest type of opening. You swim to top of ocean. Random loot crates in area you start in. Then you take off from there to land.

Approx. 95% of the map is ocean based. 

On regular Island map and everything else, for most part by air is non-lethal. A map that revolves around ocean means layers of suspense and mystery and extreme layers of danger the deeper you go. 

Land gets you quick and easy resources, but underwater or ocean gets you better resources. 

When you beat the boss of the last dlc you are faced with a button and a door, walk out the door and go back to your server as normal, or press the button and reset all official servers back to day one but characters get to keep their levels. All servers take a wipe and all active players get a message telling them the name and gamer tag of the player that pressed the button. The tribe that beat the boss gets to keep their dinos and equipment from the fight. 

5 hours ago, Akherousia said:

Exactly. I don't want them to feel like they can't deviate and give us new creations, but Aberration legitimately didn't feel like Ark to me, despite the aberrant versions of dinosaurs floating about. I understand that new, fictional creatures are likely necessary to advance the storyline, but I think there is still room for some new dinosaurs to be included, too.

the Aberrant dinos were mutants who evolved to live where they lived so don't forget that one also it adds a huge amount of challenges and look at the scorched I mean its obvious something out there must be telling these arks to create these creatures to combat us and kill us or fall to us it is on the base level Survival of the fittest

DLC should have tek spaceships, space economy/warfare, with roll/pitch/yaw single cockpit fighters where you can coast one direction, while the nose faces another direction and be able to go into turret mode and shoot in any direction; similar to Microsofts old SFS Freelancer;  and it should act as another way to more easily "warp" to other ARKs. Classes could be, fast Fighters, slow Bombers (no turret mode), and dino/resource Carrier Ships which have a super slow turn radius and can only shoot in turret mode. Space would essentially be another ARK in of it's self with star systems to explore, planets, nebulas, asteroid fields, space stations, etc. Once you have a ship you can "beam" to your ship and leave the solar system (ie auto join the space ARK), then when you want to head back to your favorite Ragnarok, you can warp out via red/blue/green wormholes.

26 minutes ago, nStuffleupagus said:

DLC should have tek spaceships, space economy/warfare, with roll/pitch/yaw single cockpit fighters where you can coast one direction, while the nose faces another direction and be able to go into turret mode and shoot in any direction; similar to Microsofts old SFS Freelancer;  and it should act as another way to more easily "warp" to other ARKs.

Munching on tintoberries while steering a spacecraft......

2 hours ago, nStuffleupagus said:

DLC should have tek spaceships, space economy/warfare, with roll/pitch/yaw single cockpit fighters where you can coast one direction, while the nose faces another direction and be able to go into turret mode and shoot in any direction; similar to Microsofts old SFS Freelancer;  and it should act as another way to more easily "warp" to other ARKs. Classes could be, fast Fighters, slow Bombers (no turret mode), and dino/resource Carrier Ships which have a super slow turn radius and can only shoot in turret mode. Space would essentially be another ARK in of it's self with star systems to explore, planets, nebulas, asteroid fields, space stations, etc. Once you have a ship you can "beam" to your ship and leave the solar system (ie auto join the space ARK), then when you want to head back to your favorite Ragnarok, you can warp out via red/blue/green wormholes.

Mmm, I don't think that would be any good... at all. Heres why:

• Think about the resources you would need to build a spaceship, especially a dino/resource Carrier.
  • It could be good for people who have beaten the overseer, and have nothing to do and could add more of an endgame aspect.
  • Imagine the time it would take to make all the textures and mechanics for space, especially interactives like the wormholes and asteroid fields.
  • Would there be space dinos now...?
  • The adding of TEK tier was already enough for people to troll new players, but how destructive could this be?
  • It would be too easy traveling to different servers, and then people could take over some random server instantly with a spaceship.
  • How would you keep the ship running? A ton of gas? A bunch of element?
  • It would ruin the overall fun of the original game, and make people blind to the original feature of living in a prehistoric world. TEK and other engrams ruined this enough. 
  • But hey, people could always do P+!

Just give me Zombies and Dinosaurs... Anything a Zombie kills , comes back to life as an infected creature...  Losing your gear to a zombie means your dead body now runs around with your gear and uses it to kill n destroy. Lose your high end dino to an infected creature, it comes back to life with the high end saddle....  

The raised dead would have different AI and less health than the original.

I can see it now, tribes would place infected creatures and the like into their defensive walls so that when the enemy broke through the wall, a swarm of zombies would run out to attack the enemy...  lol  :)

1 minute ago, Mendoza said:

Just give me Zombies and Dinosaurs... Anything a Zombie kills , comes back to life as an infected creature...  Losing your gear to a zombie means your dead body now runs around with your gear and uses it to kill n destroy. Lose your high end dino to an infected creature, it comes back to life with the high end saddle....  

The raised dead would have different AI and less health than the original.

I can see it now, tribes would place infected creatures and the like into their defensive walls so that when the enemy broke through the wall, a swarm of zombies would run out to attack the enemy...  lol  :)

I think this is cool, but a little unplausible. It would be way too overpowered. 

Maybe a new DLC that has zombies naturally in it, maybe starting with like one or two, but not in the upcoming.

Maybe it could be on a war-torn planet or something?

2 minutes ago, DrChicken24 said:

I think this is cool, but a little unplausible. It would be way too overpowered. 

Maybe a new DLC that has zombies naturally in it, maybe starting with like one or two, but not in the upcoming.

Maybe it could be on a war-torn planet or something?

just make it so zombies only come out at night from dark places (cave runs would be interesting) and daylight severely weakens them or kills them.    But your right, highly doubt it'll happen !

1 minute ago, Mendoza said:

just make it so zombies only come out at night from dark places (cave runs would be interesting) and daylight severely weakens them or kills them.    But your right, highly doubt it'll happen !

Ok, that makes them less powerful. 

I like the idea, but probably won't get implemented (along with 90% of other things here)

I think the creatures will more or less be similar to todays animals but maybe a futuristic evolved version which is harder to fight against etc, which honestly makes me fear yet intrigued by the idea.  I mean the whole idea is leading us from past to more future so that is where I'm afraid we are going.  I think we will see more tek and it will be easier to get or learn.

I'm excited but I hope this DLC gives us a lot because technically if it is the final planned DLC, you want to carry your game with its content for a long time and right now Ark does not have that.  I by that I mean learnable and creatable items.

11 hours ago, Akherousia said:

Totally agree.

53 minutes ago, Mendoza said:

Oh the other DLC that I really want to see is different looking animal saddles for every tier...  So a primitive saddle looks like what we got right now, leading up to ascendant saddles which looks more like some kick arse armour for the gods !

I always wanted armored saddles, they could even save time and do 3 phases. Prim, ram = normal. App, Journ = lightly armored, leather. MC, ASC =beasty god nearly leather with steel plates, fully paintable.  Then throw in a few skins, gladiator style, tribal, power ranger ape suits, etc

1 hour ago, Mendoza said:

Oh the other DLC that I really want to see is different looking animal saddles for every tier...  So a primitive saddle looks like what we got right now, leading up to ascendant saddles which looks more like some kick arse armour for the gods !

this would be so awesome - not only would you feel rewarded for obtaining better saddles but in pvp you could get some kind of idea what you're up against instead of it being a complete mystery.

12 hours ago, FraggleRock said:

A Hunger Games or Survival of Fittest type of opening. You swim to top of ocean. Random loot crates in area you start in. Then you take off from there to land.

Approx. 95% of the map is ocean based. 

On regular Island map and everything else, for most part by air is non-lethal. A map that revolves around ocean means layers of suspense and mystery and extreme layers of danger the deeper you go. 

Land gets you quick and easy resources, but underwater or ocean gets you better resources. 

Sorta like Subnuatica? 

13 hours ago, Akherousia said:

I'm pretty open-minded with the future DLC. Literally the only thing that's important to me is that we get some new dinosaurs. I felt like the mutation angle of Aberration just didn't feel right for Ark, and I couldn't find myself getting into any of the new critters with the only exception being the glowpets. DLC variants of dinosaurs are cool, if they want to do something like the Aberrant dinosaurs, but I would like to see some actual new creatures - but things that actually existed. I don't mind the mutated angle to some extent, I just don't want the game to feel like another game with some Ark elements like Aberration kind of did.

I would love to see a lot more dinos with useful/unique abilities that actutely existed. I do agree that they have been adding a lot of fantasy creatures but it is cool to see some i just wish they had a few that you could get/use early on in the game that might help with progression. I think that almost everything in Aberration was hard odiatain early on. 

7 hours ago, Anubis7 said:

Sorta like Subnuatica? 

Yes! I have always felt like (on some level) that subnautica was an underwater ark. It would be awesome for this type of element to be put in, but how could they do it without copying subnauticas sea moth, cyclops, environment, etc. And what could the story through explorer notes be? Maybe a continuation of the megalodon stuff that Helena was talking about?

Archived