Chris' Ark

ElfLord

Chapter 1
Opening my eyes I find myself on a beach. I sat up, then looking down at my left arm saw a orange diamond implanted in my skin. I started to pull it off when a fiery pain went up my arm. I don't think I'm gonna do that again. I start to look around when I hear a screech shatter the air around me and suddenly I'm in the air. My pulse starts racing, questions run through my head, how could I be flying? Why is a giant chicken carrying me?

"Who are you!" I hear a gruff voice shout. 
"Chris!" I shout back
"I'm Jerry, Whatcha doing here?"
"I just woke up, why is a chicken carrying both of us?" I ask, unsure of what his answer might be.
"Oh this? This is Nugget, my argentavis, argy for short"

Haha, Chicken Nugget I think.

"So uh, how did I get here?" I ask.
"I have no idea! But you might want to know something now that you are here."
"What?" I ask, Adrenaline again pumping through my blood.
"Well ya see..."
"WHAT IS IT!" I'm practically begging at this point.
"Dinosaurs. They are alive and well..."

Realization spreads through me. Dinosaurs, they are real? Doesn't that mean that raptors, pteranodons, and also t-... I hear a blood chilling roar. It can't be.

"Hey uh, Jerry?"
"Oh it's just a Rex" he states casually
"Uh, how long till we get wherever we are going?" I ask, dread spreading through my voice.
"Not to long, about an 30 minutes. And we are going to my tribes base to see if you are an acceptable recruit for our tribe."
"So, if I get into this tribe to I get protection from" I gulp. "Dinosaurs?" I ask.
"Oh sure"

A bit later I see buildings appearing in the distance. Some 4 stories tall, others look like large enclosures. All species of ancient species living within the area, seeming to live with humans. How?

Hey guys, this is my first fanfiction. I'm not sure how it is so please leave advice and/or comments as to how I can improve and if I should continue making more chapters. I'm also open to suggestions on dinosaurs to include into ark, whether or not they are already included. I realize it's short but the others can be longer if you guys want.

1 minute ago, IdkLol said:

Not bad. Dialogue feels a bit rushed. Not much time for Chris to process whats going on and Jerry seems entirely too nice. Maybe slavers?

I agree with the rushed dialogue, I just wanted to try my hand at fanfiction because I have always enjoyed making my own stories. Jerry might change later, slavers in the story, maybe, maybe not, we will find out. How is the length?

Just now, ElfLord said:

I agree with the rushed dialogue, I just wanted to try my hand at fanfiction because I have always enjoyed making my own stories. Jerry might change later, slavers in the story, maybe, maybe not, we will find out. How is the length?

It could be longer in my opinion. But I've always enjoyed reading so I could be alone in that one lol. I just don't feel that there was enough substance to capture the reader.

3 minutes ago, IdkLol said:

It could be longer in my opinion. But I've always enjoyed reading so I could be alone in that one lol. I just don't feel that there was enough substance to capture the reader.

Alright I'll make it a bit lengthier in chapter 2, it will take a bit of experimentation to get it right.

Chapter 2

We were hovering over the base when darts flew past my ears, my heart beating rapidly, I try to see what's happening but suddenly the draw of sleep was to strong. My eyes closed and I felt like I was falling from Nuggets claws.

I opening my eyes light pierced me ruining my vision. My arms were held by what felt like hand cuffs. My legs were sore but I stood up anyway. I could start to make out five people sitting at a large wooden table. What could they be here for? Then noticing for the first time, they clothed me? What do they want?

"Hi" I say, barely squeaking the sound out.
"Hello" They each say in turn.
Then the woman at the head of the table moves to speak. "Hello Chris, I am Jenna, part of the Council of the tribe Griffins." She speaks clearly and with authority. 
"We would like to test your "metal" so to speak" 
Curiosity piques me "How so?"
"The Council moves to allow you to join one of its five factions depending on your various abilities, obviously" Jenna states.
"So, what kind of factions?"

Something seems off to me, why haven't the rest spoken? How come only one member of the so-called council is speaking? Unless, there is...

"The factions include the Warriors, Hunters, Farmers, Tamers and Scouts. Each looks for different attributes critical to there position"

"So, who is the Chief? How come nobody else is talking?"

Four of the five council members lower there heads. They seem to be looking to Jenna who stares at me, curious, mentally prying me apart. She takes it in stride though.

"We are all equal leaders, where did you get the idea one of us is, as you say, the Chief?"

"Works for me" I say but something about her makes me want to investigate. "Can I join the Warriors, they seem to be strong"

I see a mischievous glint her eyes.  "Ok, so long as you can handle it. Tomorrow you begin by getting gear and a Dino."

I get my cuffs taken off by a guard. He leads me outside and points me to my room. I head off to my bunk then fall to my bed, asleep.

"UP UP UP, you have limited day light and right now you are wasting is, head off to the stables immediately!" I hear someone shout.

"Jerry?" I ask.

"Hurry up already!"

Grabbing my clothes and quickly throwing them on I hustle out the door. Jerry nods his head to me and starts running towards a large building. 

"Hey, try to keep up!" He shouts. 

I start heading off in his direction. Pumping my arms I can barely keep up. Sweat drips down my face. The building was starting to get closer and I ran even harder. Once I got there Jerry was standing there, a smile on his face like he enjoyed my suffering. 

"Alright let's get you a Dino."

We walkthrough so many aisles it incredible, each Dino bigger then the last. So many colors and sizes I was unsure of what to say.

"Hey Jerry, how many Dinos can I get?" I ask.

"Let's start with two" he says, a smile beginning on his face.

I start to run back to where I saw a, what they called argy's? 

"Can I have this?" 

"Sure but you have to raise it from an egg."

"And how about that one too"I exclaim pointing to a small bird like Dino.

"Ok but it's the same deal with the Dimorphodon, you have to raise it from an egg."

Jerry hands me to eggs, a blue one with yellow spots and a small green one with blue spots. 

"Take care of them, and you might want this" he says handing me a primitive looking sword.

"How long will it take for them to hatch?" 

"A couple hours, they were already close to hatching."

I rushed back home and placed the eggs down. I looked up to realize there was a box by my bed with some cooked meat so I picked it up. I also saw a dummy standing at the back of my room. I pulled out my sword, well, why not? I started hacking at the dummy as fast as I could but soon became tired. 

"Huh, that was kind of hard." I say to myself.

"Yeah, I would recommend working on your stamina." I turn to see large tan guy standing in the doorway. "It's important for every warrior to go a long time without slowing down, also, try eating that food we left you, it might help."

"Thanks." I mumble starting to scarf food down my throat.

The effect is immediate. I start feeling alert and awake again, my muscles stop feeling so sore and I ready my sword to strike the dummy.

"Hey, you aren't going to get proper trading that way, come give me a whack or two outside."

I head outside then turn to see him suited up in metal looking armor holding a blue sword with a gold handle.

"Ahhhhhh" I shout.

I begin charging towards him and begin to swing my sword towards his chest. Clang! The mans sword moved, as if on its own. He then countered it quickly swinging for my head. I close my eyes bracing for the impact, but it doesn't come.

"Dead." He says.

I back up then feint at his head but move towards his legs. Clang! Again he blocks, he then kicks my legs out. He puts his sword to my neck, my skin prickling around the cold blade.

"Dead again." He states. "You best be back to your cabin before your eggs hatch."

Remembering, I run to my cabin to see the eggs shaking. I quickly pull out food so that they don't die. Crack! The smaller egg opens to reveal a black dimorph with the bottom of its wings a forest green. I quickly give it food and it eats it right up. I move to hand it more when. Crack! An argy walks out. It is red with whit stripes crossing its body. I quickly feed it then feed the dimorph again. The dimorph seems to blend with the dark when I realize it's name, Nightwing. It seems to nod its head with approval. And the argy seemed to glisten, like fire, Phoenix I decide, that's her name.

Hey guys, I made it a bit longer this time. I hope you guys like Nightwing and Phoenix, they were looking forward to meeting you guys. Who was that stranger though, how does he fit in? Thanks for reading this guys, hope you enjoyed!

Chapter 3-should I have chapter titles?

Waking up, shafts of light shone in my eyes. I try to sit up when pain shoots up my body, sore muscles stretching out. I began to remember yesterday's events and all that happened.

"Phoenix? Nightwing?" I call.

Crash! I run outside to see a girl watching over them. She seems to be wearing a interesting looking gillie suit. Who is she?

"Oh Hi, I'm Thalia, part of the scout faction." She says.
"I'm..."
"Chris, I know. It's part of my job to observe things." She states. "You might want to play with your dinosaurs more often or they won't like you to much."

I pull out some food from and throw it to them. Nightwing swallows his whole and begins to choke. The look on his face makes me chuckle but then he, glares? Which makes me laugh all the harder.

"You have a lot to learn Nightwing" I say softly.
"As do you" Thalia says.

I jumped to the moon. I completely forgot she was there. She begins to chortle softly covering her mouth. Glaring at her I whistle to Phoenix and Nightwing who begin to follow me. Stalking towards the armory I continue to feed Phoenix since she seems to be growing quite a bit.

"Hey Tom" I call to the blacksmith.
"What do you want?"
"Well a bow would be good, to help hunt with Phoenix here."
"Make it yourself, you have to learn eventually."

Tom's black Baryonyx peeked through the window to see who had disturbed Tom. He began to growl, the ground began to shake from his body adjusting.

"Alright, alright I'll get out." I say.

Running out I grab and axe and a pick. Phoenix seemed to be getting bigger daily, it was amusing to see how she acted like the big bird but somehow Nightwing seemed to be the most prideful dimorphodon you'll ever find. One day I know they will be a force to be reckoned with.

I left through the south gate, towards the jungle. I knew from talking to some of the hunters that there tended to be dangerous things living there. I began to sprint looking for some phiomia or dodos to kill but all I could find were carcasses. 

The ground rumbled slightly in front of me. I saw a white allosaurus charging directly at me. Running the other way I tried to remember anything special about their species. Then I remembered. Allosaurus always hunt in...

Raaaaaa! My head vibrated with the sounds being made by the allosaurus pack mates. They had me surrounded. There were four that I could see but who knows how many were still hiding. 

I pulled out my sword as I prepared to make a final stand. They were about 10 meters away. They started to circle, I could feel their warm, moist breath down my back. Crack! I was, flying? Looking up I saw Phoenix, struggling to pull me up but she wouldn't give up. Nightwing grabbed my shoulder and flew up attempting to ease a bit of weight off Phoenix.

Phoenix was able to carry me to a small clearing where I found a wood shack. On the inside there was a book with many blueprints. Looking through I found a argentavis saddle. It looked like it would be kind of expensive but there was just enough materials to craft it. 

"Phoenix, come here girl." 

I slid the saddle onto her back and strapped her in. She cooed softly, happy to be able to get some rest and promptly fell asleep. Not to long after I fell asleep as well. 

The next morning I woke up to find both Nightwing and Phoenix eating food. I found a carcass outside that was indistinguishable. Phoenix seemed ready so I mounted her and called Nightwing onto my shoulder. 

She immediately took off in the direction of the base. We had to stop once before arriving but she got us there. Dismounting her I then took off her saddle and looked her over to see if she was still healthy. 

"Alright girl, you look good" I tell her.
"Thanks but no thanks" I hear from behind me.
"Trying to scare me again Thalia?" I ask
"Nope, if I tried you would have been scared" she says playfully. "I see they have both grown up, I assume they have saved your life already?"
"You have no idea" I say chuckling.
"Well I suppose you are gonna move out eventually and build your own house?"
"Huh? I wasn't planning on it" I say.
"Oh"

She quickly runs away and I lose sight of her. I resume grooming Nightwing and Phoenix wondering how long till I find myself in some more trouble.

I think he'll find trouble is just around the corner I think. How about that girl Thalia, what's her role in this story? Why was there a shack in a mysterious clearing? As always, feel free to comment ideas, advice or anything really.

Chapter 4

Laughter filled the air at the end of a long day. Everyone but those on watch were heading to the dining hall. I would have followed but Phoenix was looking a bit, peckish, pun intended. Running over to my cabin I saw the lights on through the windows. What could be going on? I thought I turned off...the lights suddenly turned off. Opening the door I turned on the light and found a chest in the middle of my room. Inside I found chitin armor, some paints and some materials, for a bow? 

The chitin I quickly painted, it had a black primary color with green on some parts. I also had enough paint to color my sword with a black handle and a green blade. I put on my new armor and slid my sword in my sheath. 

"Ahh, gosh who!" Pain shot up my arm. 

I then realized what happened.

"Hey uh, Nightwing? Phoenix? You guys want some food?" I say, cautiously pulling out come raw meat. 

I barely had let go when it disappeared into their mouths. They looked at me for more food for which I happily obliged. It seemed they might want to go out for a fly around the base but knowing I would have guard duty soon. As if on cue someone knocked on my door.

"Come in!" I called.

Thalia walked in with Jerry just behind. They seemed a bit nervous but for what, I couldn't tell. They were both geared up for something.

"So, uh? What did I do?" I ask.
"Nothing!" Thalia replies. "Buuut, we were uh, chosen to uh, well you see, we-"
"Jees Thalia, if you won't say, I will." Jerry cuts in. "We have to scout the Hounds." 
"Who?" I ask.
"They are well, a powerful tribe in fact, our tribes are considered equals, they plunder small bases, enslave new arrivals and well, they abuse their dinos to train them." Thalia adds.
"Alright then, if are gonna go lets go." I say but I know I'll regret it later.

I walk over to my tap and fill my water skins. Looking over my shoulder I saw that they were watching me, gaping. I walk to my smithy and build my bow. The string seemed to be incredibly tight but eventually I got the bow strung. 

"Let's go." I say

Following them out the door I turn to see a couple of pteranodons waiting for mounts. Thalia pulls out her map and makes a couple marks while Jerry checks his armor straps.

"Mount up."Thalia calls while jumping onto the brown pteranodon. 

I quickly throw on Phoenix' saddle and get on. Pulling up I shoot into the air, soaring higher still to avoid anyone seeing me.

"So where is there base?" I ask, curious as to how long it might take.
"About as far north east as you can go is a decent sized island." Jerry answers.

I think back to the few maps I had seen in the 5 or so cycles I have been here. I also remember a story from some veteran warriors who trained at that island, they called it dead island.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

The island was just over the horizon. As we got closer Nightwing seemed to tremble with fear. 

"Hey Nightwing, you okay bud?"

He immediately stops and begins pruning his feathers. Phoenix didn't seem to bothered but I wasn't sure. Both Jerry and Thalia didn't seem to be to incredibly afraid  either. 

"Let's circle up here before night to regain energy." Thalia called back to us.

We begin our descent and end up landing near the water. I can see the island clearly from here. Thalia begins making a fire while Jerry heads out to get food. I begin to set up shelter and begin running into the forest.

I get into the forest a bit to find some thatch when I see the bushes rustle. I glance over to see Nightwing flying towards me. He lands on a branch nearby but seems to be keeping watch for me. I gather a bit more thatch when lean shape jumps towards me. I recognize it as a raptor.

I begin to pull out my sword but have to roll out of the way. My heart starts beating when I realize I might not make it. I run towards the raptor sword poised to stab it in the heart when it jumps up. I barely clip it's leg but it turns quickly and gouges a large cut in my back. Pain shoots through my spine but I manage to swing my sword around and take its arm.

It runs away disappears into the woods. I begin a long limp to camp with Nightwing circling me. 

Upon my arrival Thalia saw me and ran to her pteranodon to grab supplies. 

"What happened?"
"I had a bit of dance with a raptor." I say dropping my thatch to the ground.
"Ok, well if it helps we don't really need a shelter. We decided to head right home after scouting."

After I'm all wrapped up it's just beginning to get dark. 

Hey guys, thanks for reading, I hope you have enjoyed what I'm writing as much as I have enjoyed writing it. I'll be hopefully improving through the chapters but bear with me please. Thank you everyone who took the time to read this, it means a lot to me. This chapter I'm not to sure how I did so please leave feedback if you want.

Chapter 5

"Mount up!" Jerry said

I climb onto Phoenix and we lift off towards the island. The walls built of thick stone and metal. Their were hundreds of lights all over the island. There were about 50 of raptors of all colors, giant stables for gigas made of metal. Rex's roamed between various compounds and then I saw them. There had to be hundreds of wolves, some licking wounds, some fighting with others.

They were the very embodiment of fear. Rex's were bad sure but they didn't group together, Gigas were more likely to kill each other then anything. A strong, large pack of wolves, especially with riders could eliminate any other large tribe.

"So, what now?" I ask.
"We get home as fast as we can." Thalia replies.

We all turn and fly back to the mainland as fast as we can. We touch down at our camp and destroy all our stuff so they wouldn't be able to track us. Thalia wrote down all she saw while Jerry drew a map of dead island. 

We start heading back home when we see a flare go up. I turn towards and start looking for who might have launched it. Nightwing circles overhead watching for trouble.

As our home seems to come into view we see plumes of smoke rising in the air. The fire seemed to dance through the trees.

Jerry yells "Noooooooooo!" 

He starts riding like a berserker ready to kill whoever did this. He doesn't wait to land but jumps off. He runs through building, going over hundreds of corpses. Everyone we knew was gone. 

Suddenly their is silence, no crackling of fires, no Dino's roaring. Nothing. That's all we had, gone. The buildings were on the verge of collapse, the stables don't have much left. I had always assumed loss inevitable in a world like this but—Crack! The sound of the gunshot echoed through the air. 

"Everyone alright?" I call.
Thalia replies "everyone but, um, Nightwing."

Understanding flies through my head. I turn to see my friend on the ground, blood seeping through his skin. I tear my armor and use it to patch his wound but-Crack!
I turn to see Phoenix, falling over with blood seeping from her head.

"Noooooo!" I bellow.

My sword is in my hand instantly, the sniper I can now make out in the dust. I throw my sword with deadly accuracy. His shooting arm his cut off.

"I guess you could say I'm, unarmed." He says beginning to cackle, coughing up blood as he did so.

He grabs his gun with his other hand and shoots but I have my shield up and the bullet ricochets off. I grab my sword and chop his head off.

The adrenaline drains from my body as turn to see Phoenix, now dead. I run over to Nightwing who was being attended by Thalia. Then, Nightwing gave in. Tears already burning in my eyes began to run. Emptiness filled my chest, I knew revenge would have to come.

Welcome to the bundle of happiness this story has just become. Seriously though, how come bad stuff always happens to people with stories being written about them. I guess it builds Character. I realize this was really short but I've been starting to work on a plan so this is the last chapter I'm writing without a plan. Most chapters will be a lot lengthier after this point but I hope you enjoyed.

6 hours ago, ElfLord said:

Lol ya. Seriously though, the story has been to happy, at least for me, so I had to make Chris struggle a bit.

I'd probably make mine not happy but wait........it's never was happy xD too much drama and my characters are always being hunted. I should probably give my characters some hope of happiness *thinks of killing on of my characters* Nevermind xD 

I love how you made it sad, i personally like to think it's bad at the beginning and slowly build it up as the story goes along for a survival fan fiction. So since their whole tribe is dead what's gonna happen next? They gonna examine the body Chris just killed to see what tribe he's from or are they gonna look for survivors......maybe their targets now......hmmm so many suggestions xD 

7 hours ago, ElfLord said:
16 hours ago, Kaprodonychus said:

Woah, weird I tried to quote you but it wasn't allowing me to type below it. Anyway it's ElfLord here, as far as what is gonna happen next, I suppose we will just have to wait and see.

Had that happen to me too a few times. I just delete the quote and quote it again. Usually works

Chapter 6-The Journey

Hey guys, I know my notes are at the end usually but I had to tell you guys that I'm writing from Chris, Thalia and Jerrys perspectives now. I'm probably gonna start changing the way the story was originally going a lot so bear with Chris, Thalia, Jerry and I. Thanks for reading!
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Chris

My days on the island never seemed to get easier have they, today is no exception. It's crazy to think I've spent less then two weeks here. There seems to be no lack of surprise here, the biggest surprise being that I'm still alive. It seems like as much as I miss Nightwing and Phoenix, I never felt like they were mine, I don't know why.

Were sitting in my old cabin, there was nothing left but my table and a few broken chairs that we fixed up. "Alright, so what's the plan?" I ask. 

"Well, we have decided to split up. We can start to recruit people into our various tribes and build up power." Thalia says "with enough power we'll be able to take out whoever attacked us, and my guess is that it was the Hounds."
"But there forces were all at there base?" I ask
"That was a small part left behind to defend." Jerry puts in.

A small part? What the heck!?!? How big is the army? Questions race through my head but now something else makes me curious.

"Where will we go?" I ask.
"The south jungle, it's got plenty of resources but plenty of danger as well to keep me on my toes." Says Thalia.
"The north for me, since the cold doesn't bother me a whole lot compared to you guys." Jerry adds.

I'm beginning to wonder where I'm gonna go. The swamp, or maybe a mountain. From what I've heard of the swamp they have lots, and lots of bugs which scare me. 

"You Chris, you are going south east to the coast. Your gonna try and thrive in the water. You'll have to pass through the swamp but after we make some stimulants you should not have to stop running through there."

My heart started to race at the thought of crossing the swamp but if I could do it, no I will do it, I will cross a croc infested swamp full of things that want nothing more then my blood.

We pack up our stuff, I have my sword and some chitin armor that I fixed up. Some jerky as well because hunting is gonna be difficult without a Dino. I grabbed my bow but I put it back down knowing it would slow me down. I grabbed some of the stimulants and stashed them in my pack. 

We say our goodbyes and head off in our respective directions. The trek seems impossible but Jerry had told me that it should only be 2-3 days. I begin to jog, hoping that it might speed up my travel. Sweat already begins to bead on my forehead and I'm only about 2 kilometers out. 

I had already crossed one river, and I was starting to tire. I could just see the swamp when the sun disappeared over the horizon. I quickly made some foundations to put my sleeping bag down. I woke up to see some compys circling my stuff. 

"Hey guys, you hungry?" I ask.

They look at me, it was probably the first time they noticed me. I snatch my pack and pull out a little piece of jerky, tear it up and throw it to them. I grab a piece for myself, quickly putting my pack on.

After eating I pull out my stimulants ready to drink some once I'm in the swamp and feeling tired. I start running towards the swamp, the compys trailing me hoping for more food. After a bit they turn away and look for something better. 

The trees around here seemed to grow off the ground leaving the roots exposed. I look left, then right looking to see if there were any sarcos around. Not seeing any I run and then jump as far as I can over the river and begin my terrifying swim. The water was murky and unpleasantly warm, plant life was getting stuck on me. I got through it crawling up the other side. 

I choked some stim down and was immediately feeling awake. My throat was parched though. I pulled out my water skin, drank a bit and started running. Bugs were starting to swarm. I pulled out my sword and to a swing at one, slicing through it easily. They all turned on the corpse and tore through it.

I started running again, swallowing more stimulant. I ran around another river knowing that I was almost out. The last river in sight I swung my sword to ward off any bugs, through my sword back in my already wet pack. I jumped towards the river when an interesting thought occurred, how come I didn't see any sarcos. I hit the water hard and began to swim, I grabbed a large log to float on. I started kicking when the log started to move.

Snap! White teeth flashed nearly getting my hand. The sarco moved away and turned around. My only chance was on land where I was faster. I swam furiously towards the shore, the sarco behind me. My mind slowed and I realized I had no chance then, seemingly without me willing it my sword was pulled out, habit kicking in. The sarco opened its mouth to take a bite of my arm when I quickly shoved the sword up the roof of its mouth.

Blood was spreading through the water. I pulled myself on shore and turned around to see a swarm of megaphirana swarming the corpse. Within moments the bones were picked clean.

I swallowed my last stimulants with a sip of water and took off towards my destination, a green obelisk to my left I knew I was past the hard parts. The sun was gone and I was exhausted. I immediately laid down my stuff and went to bed.

Thalia

I jumped on the pteranodon and left heading for the jungle. I knew the jungle was dangerous, inhabited by raptors, sabers and various other things I didn't want to get involved in.

This ride would be a short one I knew, only a couple days at most. The pteranodons of the Griffins were used as speed mounts so I knew that I'll find a good place late tonight or early tomorrow. 

The jungle trees already below, I decided to land and make temporary camp for the night. I landed the pteranodon and went off in search of wood. I chopped a few trees down but mostly gathered brush from the ground. Thylaceos tended to surprise many unsuspecting lumber man. 

I dragged it back to my pteranodon only to find a half eaten corpse. I threw my stuff on the ground and looked at its wounds. There were claw marks, with large bites on the wings. It must have been sabers I decided.

I pulled the corpse of my pteranodon away hoping that no scavengers would come to me looking for food. I quickly got inside my new hut and went to bed.

My eyelids fluttered and I was awake. Picking up my bow and quiver I started to head outside to hunt. I ran out and realized that I had built in a large clearing perfect for a base. The only question is whether or not I could survive building it.

After a bit of searching I found  3 dodos, they seemed enough for a couple days meal. I pulled out my bow and shot them all, cleanly through the head. I retrieved my arrows and began to skin them, the first to were healthy but the third was old so I threw it to the bushes. The bushes shook a bit then stopped as soon as it started. I looked around but only found small unidentifiable claw prints, the dodo was gone.

I quickly grabbed my meat and headed back to avoid unwanted attention. I threw the meat on the fire and went off to find some wood. The wood here was scarred from various Dino claws. I chopped some fallen logs up and headed back. I knew I was going to have to get into a routine of expanding my base. 

I built a nice window and replace one of my walls, I figured that it would be nice to have some view since I'll be here a while. I head to bed, my eyes drifting closed. My muscles aching as I fall on my bed.

Jimmy

Well crap. Note to self, never, ever make the mistake of hitting a Rex. The Rex was hurtling itself in my direction at a startling speed. It's teeth were gleaming white, about the size of a rockarrot. I quickly whistle to my pteranodon, grab on as it flys by and get away. Snap! It just misses, the air whistles by my head.

My one job, getting to the North and I'm already having trouble. It just seems like such a wonderful-Whoosh! A argy's claws fly past my head. I begin to spur my pteranodon away, hopefully getting away. 

I go in for a landing on a large outcrop of rocks, scouting for any predators. As much as I like pteranodons, they get tired so easily. I feed him some meat and head off again. I am about a day out, and from what I can see, from here, there is a small clearing that I could use for a camp. It looks safe enough and I've surely never made a mistake before.

After about an hour I'm finally in the clearing. It's not to cold here but night will be bad. I hop off and run over to chop some trees down. Plants are plentiful here, they have all sorts of berries and small creatures. I haul all the wood over and build a small home, about a 3 or 4 arms lengths in size.

I lifted the door into position and snapped it onto its hinges. I wonder what animals are in the north, I've heard the mammoths can be smart though, which could be useful. I've heard some advice from some friends to avoid the wolves because they are bad news. I begin to unroll my bag and head to bed.

Screech! I roll over and get up. I grab my pike and race outside to see what the source of the sound was. There were compys eating my pteranodon alive because it was trained not to attack unless told to do so. At this point it couldn't fly and I had to put it out of its misery. I quickly jab the pike through its small skull and head inside.

I pull on the rest of my armor and my pack. I hurry outside and away from the building, hoping that the compys weren't still hungry. 

I continued walking for quite a while when I began to hear the rapids, the river must be nearby. I had built a raft for this, knowing the water would be freezing. The water is roaring at this point so I throw out my raft. 

Jumping on the raft easily moves away from shore and carries me downstream. I turn and realize my probably fatal mistake. I forgot to add a steering mechanism. I look around frantically for anything useful but there is nothing. Then around the bend of the river I see a huge rock in the middle of the river.

It's now or never I think. I jump into the frigid waters pulling myself up for breath, the cold seeping through my bones I paddle forward, left arm, then right arm, over and over. I fingers lost feeling, then my toes. I barely noticed the sensation of ground below my feet and I was able to pull myself ashore.

Quickly I remove my armor and attempt to build a fire. It doesn't work, if I can't get warm, I'll have the pleasant experience of freezing to death. I see a dodo nearby, wandering aimlessly, punching it in the head, I tear it open and put its insides on me to keep warm.

Grrrr, wolves, of course, they have a great sense of smell. That's just so freakin' fantastic. There are three of them surrounding me, looking for my weakness. It looks like they haven't eaten in a while but who am I to question.

They walk towards me, slowly and deliberately. They began circling me, waiting for me to look away. Then, one jumped toward-Slam! A bluish mammoth hit the wolf with its trunk, the wolf it a tree and slumped down, dead. I turn around to see the other wolves hightailing out of there. 

The mammoth as long, pearl white tusks. There were several scars on its underbelly that I could see. It's trunk started to extend towards me and it picked me up. I could feel heat radiating off its trunk that felt amazing. It lifted me onto his back and I nestled into the fur.

We began a semi-fast lumber through the forest, somehow not knocking and trees over. When we pulled out I saw a massive gatherings of mammoths, all digging through snow for food.

We were walking towards a a large heap of fur, I was lifted into the air and set back on the ground. I walked over and realized it was a baby mammoth, lying dead in the snow. I looked up at the mammoth "what now?" I asked. The mammoth nudged me towards the body and tapped my skinning knife with its trunk.

It must want me to skin it and have me become, in a sense, the new baby? I pulled out my knife, looking for any signs of aggression and put it into the mammoth, cutting the skin free. I picked up some fallen branches and created a frame to string my pelt on.

Night began to fall as I felt myself be lifted on to the mammoths back and I fell into a deep sleep.
Hey guys, another thing, I realize that Thalia didn't have a whole lot to do in this one but I just wanted to have them start to get adjusted to there new positions and she didn't have a lot to do. I'll try to make them equal lengths later. Hope you guys enjoyed my longest chapter yet! As always feel free to leave feedback!

4 hours ago, ElfLord said:

Chapter 6-The Journey

Hey guys, I know my notes are at the end usually but I had to tell you guys that I'm writing from Chris, Thalia and Jerrys perspectives now. I'm probably gonna start changing the way the story was originally going a lot so bear with Chris, Thalia, Jerry and I. Thanks for reading!

Chris

My days on the island never seemed to get easier have they, today is no exception. It's crazy to think I've spent less then two weeks here. There seems to be no lack of surprise here, the biggest surprise being that I'm still alive. It seems like as much as I miss Nightwing and Phoenix, I never felt like they were mine, I don't know why.

Were sitting in my old cabin, there was nothing left but my table and a few broken chairs that we fixed up. "Alright, so what's the plan?" I ask. 

"Well, we have decided to split up. We can start to recruit people into our various tribes and build up power." Thalia says "with enough power we'll be able to take out whoever attacked us, and my guess is that it was the Hounds."
"But there forces were all at there base?" I ask
"That was a small part left behind to defend." Jerry puts in.

A small part? What the heck!?!? How big is the army? Questions race through my head but now something else makes me curious.

"Where will we go?" I ask.
"The south jungle, it's got plenty of resources but plenty of danger as well to keep me on my toes." Says Thalia.
"The north for me, since the cold doesn't bother me a whole lot compared to you guys." Jerry adds.

I'm beginning to wonder where I'm gonna go. The swamp, or maybe a mountain. From what I've heard of the swamp they have lots, and lots of bugs which scare me. 

"You Chris, you are going south east to the coast. Your gonna try and thrive in the water. You'll have to pass through the swamp but after we make some stimulants you should not have to stop running through there."

My heart started to race at the thought of crossing the swamp but if I could do it, no I will do it, I will cross a croc infested swamp full of things that want nothing more then my blood.

We pack up our stuff, I have my sword and some chitin armor that I fixed up. Some jerky as well because hunting is gonna be difficult without a Dino. I grabbed my bow but I put it back down knowing it would slow me down. I grabbed some of the stimulants and stashed them in my pack. 

We say our goodbyes and head off in our respective directions. The trek seems impossible but Jerry had told me that it should only be 2-3 days. I begin to jog, hoping that it might speed up my travel. Sweat already begins to bead on my forehead and I'm only about 2 kilometers out. 

I had already crossed one river, and I was starting to tire. I could just see the swamp when the sun disappeared over the horizon. I quickly made some foundations to put my sleeping bag down. I woke up to see some compys circling my stuff. 

"Hey guys, you hungry?" I ask.

They look at me, it was probably the first time they noticed me. I snatch my pack and pull out a little piece of jerky, tear it up and throw it to them. I grab a piece for myself, quickly putting my pack on.

After eating I pull out my stimulants ready to drink some once I'm in the swamp and feeling tired. I start running towards the swamp, the compys trailing me hoping for more food. After a bit they turn away and look for something better. 

The trees around here seemed to grow off the ground leaving the roots exposed. I look left, then right looking to see if there were any sarcos around. Not seeing any I run and then jump as far as I can over the river and begin my terrifying swim. The water was murky and unpleasantly warm, plant life was getting stuck on me. I got through it crawling up the other side. 

I choked some stim down and was immediately feeling awake. My throat was parched though. I pulled out my water skin, drank a bit and started running. Bugs were starting to swarm. I pulled out my sword and to a swing at one, slicing through it easily. They all turned on the corpse and tore through it.

I started running again, swallowing more stimulant. I ran around another river knowing that I was almost out. The last river in sight I swung my sword to ward off any bugs, through my sword back in my already wet pack. I jumped towards the river when an interesting thought occurred, how come I didn't see any sarcos. I hit the water hard and began to swim, I grabbed a large log to float on. I started kicking when the log started to move.

Snap! White teeth flashed nearly getting my hand. The sarco moved away and turned around. My only chance was on land where I was faster. I swam furiously towards the shore, the sarco behind me. My mind slowed and I realized I had no chance then, seemingly without me willing it my sword was pulled out, habit kicking in. The sarco opened its mouth to take a bite of my arm when I quickly shoved the sword up the roof of its mouth.

Blood was spreading through the water. I pulled myself on shore and turned around to see a swarm of megaphirana swarming the corpse. Within moments the bones were picked clean.

I swallowed my last stimulants with a sip of water and took off towards my destination, a green obelisk to my left I knew I was past the hard parts. The sun was gone and I was exhausted. I immediately laid down my stuff and went to bed.

Thalia

I jumped on the pteranodon and left heading for the jungle. I knew the jungle was dangerous, inhabited by raptors, sabers and various other things I didn't want to get involved in.

This ride would be a short one I knew, only a couple days at most. The pteranodons of the Griffins were used as speed mounts so I knew that I'll find a good place late tonight or early tomorrow. 

The jungle trees already below, I decided to land and make temporary camp for the night. I landed the pteranodon and went off in search of wood. I chopped a few trees down but mostly gathered brush from the ground. Thylaceos tended to surprise many unsuspecting lumber man. 

I dragged it back to my pteranodon only to find a half eaten corpse. I threw my stuff on the ground and looked at its wounds. There were claw marks, with large bites on the wings. It must have been sabers I decided.

I pulled the corpse of my pteranodon away hoping that no scavengers would come to me looking for food. I quickly got inside my new hut and went to bed.

My eyelids fluttered and I was awake. Picking up my bow and quiver I started to head outside to hunt. I ran out and realized that I had built in a large clearing perfect for a base. The only question is whether or not I could survive building it.

After a bit of searching I found  3 dodos, they seemed enough for a couple days meal. I pulled out my bow and shot them all, cleanly through the head. I retrieved my arrows and began to skin them, the first to were healthy but the third was old so I threw it to the bushes. The bushes shook a bit then stopped as soon as it started. I looked around but only found small unidentifiable claw prints, the dodo was gone.

I quickly grabbed my meat and headed back to avoid unwanted attention. I threw the meat on the fire and went off to find some wood. The wood here was scarred from various Dino claws. I chopped some fallen logs up and headed back. I knew I was going to have to get into a routine of expanding my base. 

I built a nice window and replace one of my walls, I figured that it would be nice to have some view since I'll be here a while. I head to bed, my eyes drifting closed. My muscles aching as I fall on my bed.

Jimmy

Well crap. Note to self, never, ever make the mistake of hitting a Rex. The Rex was hurtling itself in my direction at a startling speed. It's teeth were gleaming white, about the size of a rockarrot. I quickly whistle to my pteranodon, grab on as it flys by and get away. Snap! It just misses, the air whistles by my head.

My one job, getting to the North and I'm already having trouble. It just seems like such a wonderful-Whoosh! A argy's claws fly past my head. I begin to spur my pteranodon away, hopefully getting away. 

I go in for a landing on a large outcrop of rocks, scouting for any predators. As much as I like pteranodons, they get tired so easily. I feed him some meat and head off again. I am about a day out, and from what I can see, from here, there is a small clearing that I could use for a camp. It looks safe enough and I've surely never made a mistake before.

After about an hour I'm finally in the clearing. It's not to cold here but night will be bad. I hop off and run over to chop some trees down. Plants are plentiful here, they have all sorts of berries and small creatures. I haul all the wood over and build a small home, about a 3 or 4 arms lengths in size.

I lifted the door into position and snapped it onto its hinges. I wonder what animals are in the north, I've heard the mammoths can be smart though, which could be useful. I've heard some advice from some friends to avoid the wolves because they are bad news. I begin to unroll my bag and head to bed.

Screech! I roll over and get up. I grab my pike and race outside to see what the source of the sound was. There were compys eating my pteranodon alive because it was trained not to attack unless told to do so. At this point it couldn't fly and I had to put it out of its misery. I quickly jab the pike through its small skull and head inside.

I pull on the rest of my armor and my pack. I hurry outside and away from the building, hoping that the compys weren't still hungry. 

I continued walking for quite a while when I began to hear the rapids, the river must be nearby. I had built a raft for this, knowing the water would be freezing. The water is roaring at this point so I throw out my raft. 

Jumping on the raft easily moves away from shore and carries me downstream. I turn and realize my probably fatal mistake. I forgot to add a steering mechanism. I look around frantically for anything useful but there is nothing. Then around the bend of the river I see a huge rock in the middle of the river.

It's now or never I think. I jump into the frigid waters pulling myself up for breath, the cold seeping through my bones I paddle forward, left arm, then right arm, over and over. I fingers lost feeling, then my toes. I barely noticed the sensation of ground below my feet and I was able to pull myself ashore.

Quickly I remove my armor and attempt to build a fire. It doesn't work, if I can't get warm, I'll have the pleasant experience of freezing to death. I see a dodo nearby, wandering aimlessly, punching it in the head, I tear it open and put its insides on me to keep warm.

Grrrr, wolves, of course, they have a great sense of smell. That's just so freakin' fantastic. There are three of them surrounding me, looking for my weakness. It looks like they haven't eaten in a while but who am I to question.

They walk towards me, slowly and deliberately. They began circling me, waiting for me to look away. Then, one jumped toward-Slam! A bluish mammoth hit the wolf with its trunk, the wolf it a tree and slumped down, dead. I turn around to see the other wolves hightailing out of there. 

The mammoth as long, pearl white tusks. There were several scars on its underbelly that I could see. It's trunk started to extend towards me and it picked me up. I could feel heat radiating off its trunk that felt amazing. It lifted me onto his back and I nestled into the fur.

We began a semi-fast lumber through the forest, somehow not knocking and trees over. When we pulled out I saw a massive gatherings of mammoths, all digging through snow for food.

We were walking towards a a large heap of fur, I was lifted into the air and set back on the ground. I walked over and realized it was a baby mammoth, lying dead in the snow. I looked up at the mammoth "what now?" I asked. The mammoth nudged me towards the body and tapped my skinning knife with its trunk.

It must want me to skin it and have me become, in a sense, the new baby? I pulled out my knife, looking for any signs of aggression and put it into the mammoth, cutting the skin free. I picked up some fallen branches and created a frame to string my pelt on.

Night began to fall as I felt myself be lifted on to the mammoths back and I fell into a deep sleep.
Hey guys, another thing, I realize that Thalia didn't have a whole lot to do in this one but I just wanted to have them start to get adjusted to there new positions and she didn't have a lot to do. I'll try to make them equal lengths later. Hope you guys enjoyed my longest chapter yet! As always feel free to leave feedback!

Nice work man. And yes that is a pretty big chapter. Can't wait to read more. I also think it's smart how they split up to gain more members

1 hour ago, Kaprodonychus said:

Nice work man. And yes that is a pretty big chapter. Can't wait to read more. I also think it's smart how they split up to gain more members

Thanks man! Yeah I was unsure whether that was okay or not. Splitting up the main characters doesn't usually happen for extended periods of time.

7 hours ago, ElfLord said:

Thanks man! Yeah I was unsure whether that was okay or not. Splitting up the main characters doesn't usually happen for extended periods of time.

Yeah but I think you can do it. One question though I think may be an issue you might to need watch out for. Since they've split up to make their own tribes, the hounds will soon find out about their tribe locations. unless....you want them to find out xD 

37 minutes ago, Kaprodonychus said:

Yeah but I think you can do it. One question though I think may be an issue you might to need watch out for. Since they've split up to make their own tribes, the hounds will soon find out about their tribe locations. unless....you want them to find out xD 

Well, if the hounds find anyone of them, I'm not sure that information would make it back to there base. Besides, for all we know the hounds will just think that new people are on the island and I'm not sure it would occur to them that there are still members of Griffin alive.

Archived