Question about Wyvern's Egg respawn.

Wakkos

Hello!

I've seen icy wyvern nests, but after a failed attempt to breed one (I accidentally ate it. Yes, I did that) I was looking for eggs again. I cannot find any across the map and usual locations, no eggs, and no empty nest either.

So, can it be because there are no female Icy Wyverns alive?

Should I kill the one that's alive (Only seen one, maybe there are more?) so a female respawn?

What do you do when this happens?

Or, it is a bug?

Thanks in advance.

On my servers I've had dino spawn density lowered to 0.6

This way some special dinos weren't spawning anymore such as Alpha Dinos and guess what... Ice Wyverns.
Only after I raised Dino Spawn Density to 1.0 back again I saw Ice Wyverns spawn, so odd...

Maybe it's also the thing like with the Rock Drake eggs on Aberration. People tend to just drop low level eggs and thus no new eggs spawn anymore until the old ones disappear.
But that's just my guess.

15 minutes ago, RoyHess666 said:

On my servers I've had dino spawn density lowered to 0.6

This way some special dinos weren't spawning anymore such as Alpha Dinos and guess what... Ice Wyverns.
Only after I raised Dino Spawn Density to 1.0 back again I saw Ice Wyverns spawn, so odd...

Maybe it's also the thing like with the Rock Drake eggs on Aberration. People tend to just drop low level eggs and thus no new eggs spawn anymore until the old ones disappear.
But that's just my guess.

But I've seen Icy Wyverns around (not sure if male or female), and it's not a public server, we have a server on nitrado and noone is taking eggs.

I havent got any factual knowledge of this just game experience, this is also more scar related.

The sever I am currently on is very active with its scar usage, constantly killing wyvrens for milk runs and if you need eggs you need to clear the scar of all wyvrens.

This has in my eyes definitely improved the ability to get multiple eggs, also if you notice more higher level wyvrens in the scar you seem to get higher level eggs.

So I would say killing ice wyvrens would have an effect on your egg spawns.

It definitely produces eggs if there are wyverns. Many times you'll see a wyvern level and a matching level egg, so the wyvern being nearby allows the spawn container to spawn an egg. However there could be the issue of eggs sinking below the mesh, you might be able to add a mod or something to increase the spawns

IF you are able to on your server or admin will do it destroywilddinos Shouldn't hurt anyone and if eggs return you will have your answer. Killing the wyverns will allow more wyverns to spawn and thus eggs as well. 

On single player this works. While playing on scorched no eggs were showing up. Killed all wyverns and when a wyvern spawned an egg of same level of wyvern would spawn. I got lazy and would just use command destroywilddinos and never had an issue again.

Archived