Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrcharliecat

Ragnarok keep crashing

Did a fresh reinstall of the map (not the game) and it drastically reduced the crashing zone for me. Only the zone between green obelisk and the SW wyvern cave is a problem.
As mentionned in my previous post, when the game crashes, it's a never ending loop of reconnecting/crashing until your character on that server dies.

Regards.

5 hours ago, MabeyBabey said:

I don't know about every one else but after the last TLC update I have not been kicked once no matter were I go. Viking Bay seems totally fine we even went into the cave there and had no problems. Any one else notice anything?

I still have issues at Viking Bay, the same as before, my game also crashes in the southwest where my new base is. Initially Ragnarok crashed every 2 hours like clockwork, but it has become more frequent. I just use the command "saveworld" all the time. Viking Bay is better, I used to crash every five minutes there, but now it is like every 10-15 minutes. I still have stuff there so I go there a lot to pick up stuff.

5 hours ago, Darkholis said:

Did a fresh reinstall of the map (not the game) and it drastically reduced the crashing zone for me. Only the zone between green obelisk and the SW wyvern cave is a problem.
As mentionned in my previous post, when the game crashes, it's a never ending loop of reconnecting/crashing until your character on that server dies.

Regards.

I moved from Viking Bay to this spot to avoid crashing lol. I don't have the loop crashing problem though. I will try a reinstall of the map, would this delete any non-dedicated data on the map? 

18 hours ago, Shooter307 said:

I moved from Viking Bay to this spot to avoid crashing lol. I don't have the loop crashing problem though. I will try a reinstall of the map, would this delete any non-dedicated data on the map? 

I believe it is an issue related to the map itself and not my PC as I can run every other maps at max settings just fine. In fact, there are two caves on top of each other on that spot of the map, so that might be it right there.

Regards.

On 5/16/2018 at 9:53 AM, Darkholis said:

I believe it is an issue related to the map itself and not my PC as I can run every other maps at max settings just fine. In fact, there are two caves on top of each other on that spot of the map, so that might be it right there.

Regards.

I will look into moving again, somewhere without two caves. I might just deal with it though moving all your stuff in Ark just sucks. I also think it is an issue with the map, any other map I run has zero issues. Thanks for the information

I don’t understand why this keeps happening, I have a similar issue where every time I go to play on ragnarok when it’s loading on the left bottom side of the screen it has the loading sequence but every time it reaches Ragnarok_AI_Proxy it crashes and reopens ark like nothing happened I tried reinstalling Ragnarok to no avail and even going as far to reinstall Ark, so far nothing has helped at one point i validated ark files and that didn’t even work I hope what ever is going on gets fixed I really miss playing on Ragnarok 

Same with everyone. 

I get like maybe an hour into the game, and after a little while it crashes. Freaking annoying especially since it doesn't save that last hour. 

I almost kind of wonder if it had to do with the most recent color update sucking up RAM? I'm only on an Xbox One straight, but one of my friends is also having the same issue with his One S. 

regular Xbox one user, same problem my tribe has a base in Viking Bay on the Ragnarok map on an unofficial PC server (we pay $50 bucks a month) the game is constantly crashing (to clarify the server is not crashing just the game on the counsel).  especially when flying or when your trying to get something done out of base and or getting ready to raid. this game is crash, crash, crash and crash, it needs to be fixed and soon. its not the server setting because it crashes for me the same amount on official servers as well. my buddy has the new Xbox X, his rarely crashes but if your have the regular Xbox one  your constantly being logged from the servers and it crashing. about want to drop kick the thing across the room, I know its not the Xbox because I don't have logging or crashing problems with any other online game but ARK. I can play destiny, destiny 2, players unknown, fortnight for hours on end with no problems at all, log into ark for a little while and crash, crash , crash.

not a solution but if you get logged it would be nice if you would stay on your tame instead of falling to death at least for birds.  

I can confirm homebrew247. Our tribe was in the same situation. We are in Vikings Bay too

Long story short:
Regular Xbox One --> Not so nice graphic details, lags, crashes
Xbox One --> Fantastic graphic, 1% of the lags, no crashes

Since our tribe chanced to the X, only 1 person had a crash. And the lags we had, came from the server directly.

Check out my previous entry 

On 8/21/2018 at 5:53 AM, Darkrider1982 said:

I can confirm homebrew247. Our tribe was in the same situation. We are in Vikings Bay too

Long story short:
Regular Xbox One --> Not so nice graphic details, lags, crashes
Xbox One --> Fantastic graphic, 1% of the lags, no crashes

Since our tribe chanced to the X, only 1 person had a crash. And the lags we had, came from the server directly.

Check out my previous entry 

ya might need to be the way to go. hard to justify a whole new xbox for one game tho, especially for a game that has been out for how many years now. Never know might be the excuse i give the wife to get the Xbox X, or just deal with the constant crashing; means need to justify the end. im not there yet.. 

@Jatheish Hey Jat, I know that the Devs are busy, but is there any update on this? 

I'm like right under the old bridge near the Blue Obi, but it will still crash once every 30-60 minutes, and dashboard me. 

It won't save any of my work, unless I force save it.

I can't justify spending $500 on a One X to get this map to work for me, but this is my favorite map. 

The map seemed to function fine until the latest graphics update, which I kind of wonder if it's a GPU/RAM thing? 

I get that @homebrew247, I've never been one to own an Xbox; though my best bud has one and he has had to send his in for maintance  four times this past two years, and I really don't feel like dropping over $1000 into my bran new gaming desktop, after all I have had zero hitches with the game until know so I doubt it has anything to do with my rig. I do agree @TehGrimCreeper I hope they fix it soon 

1 hour ago, Trouble said:

I get that @homebrew247, I've never been one to own an Xbox; though my best bud has one and he has had to send his in for maintance  four times this past two years, and I really don't feel like dropping over $1000 into my bran new gaming desktop, after all I have had zero hitches with the game until know so I doubt it has anything to do with my rig. I do agree @TehGrimCreeper I hope they fix it soon 

Amen. 

I mean I love the Island, but having everything on Rag just makes the game for me. 

I just can't justify selling my One to buy a One X to have one game run :C

Finally found a "fix" to Ragnarok crash zones, since doing clean reinstall of the map and/or the game won't fix it for some people, myself included.

1. With a disposable character, go to a crash zone (SW wyvern cave in my case). The game will crash and restart.
2. Reconnect to the same server and keep your eyes on the loading bar (bottom left corner).
3. Identify at which file the game crashes again. (In my case, Ragnarok_E3_TempleRegion_Near_3 & Ragnarok_E3_TempleRegion_Near_2)
4. Go to your Ragnarok directory and delete the umap file that caused the crash. (Ex: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\Ragnarok)
5. Repeat 1 to 4 until you successfully make it back on the server.

I tried this fix on 3 differents PCs that had this issue. It worked like a charm on all of them on Ragnarok & Valguero maps.
Hope this will help some folks out there.

*** Disclaimer : This is for PC users. ***

Regards.

I get kicked out before Ragnarok even loads in on Xbox 1 s. After it crashes and kicks me completely out of the game, if I try to go back into the game it shuts my whole Xbox off. It only does it on Ragnarok. It's been this way for about 2 weeks. Fresh install didn't do nothing. It started doing this after the last update. I really want to play on Ragnarok I hope they fix it soon.

Same issue. Player Dedicated Server. Ragnarok. Built at viking bay 2 near the water scorpions.  Only have 10 or so tames. Game crashes every hour.  The ground starts to glitch a ton before it crashes. It only crashes client-side, not server. It crashes while riding dinos, off dinos, on foot, afk, etc. Guessing it's a memory leak?