1 more veteran quiting ARK

DiogoBarradas
Message added by Jerryn

Since this thread has gone off-topic and turned into another official vs unofficial debate, it is being locked.

On 05/02/2018 at 1:55 PM, Olivar said:

There's sites promoting unofficials, there's a server advertisement forum, there's reddit and who knows how many other sites out there.
But yes, if you keep listening to every bob's input on unofficial servers and don't seek them out yourself, you're going to remain stuck where you are.

Biggest factor finding a good community is actively contributing to it.

I d prefer playing sims ...if the option is unofficial 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DJRone89

To the people who want to carry on playing the game but feel they are forced to quit the official scene, try your hand at hosting instead.

Skip past trying unofficials and jump straight into leading the charge. If everything is in your control, then fears of admin abuse are nothing more than your own temptations.

Hosting is only as hard as you make it. Find your niche, and use that as a starting point. You’ll be suprised how much of the game you are missing when you’ve only ever focused on the official way. Overrides are an option for a reason.

But before you even consider this, take a much deserved break from the game. It’s obvious people are very passionate about Ark but don’t let the negativity consume you.

Guest DJRone89
6 minutes ago, IMtz said:

Maybe you can give a try to Empyrion like I do. Is like Ark but you can build amazing space ships.

You missed the point of their remark. It’s just a shame people limit their experience on this game to only ever playing official when there are other options. Official is balanced that way for longevity but if unofficial isn’t the way to play the game, then why did the developers even make it an option?

I’ve never stopped playing a game because of one game mode but people are free to play/quit as they please.

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

You missed the point of their remark. It’s just a shame people limit their experience on this game to only ever playing official when there are other options. Official is balanced that way for longevity but if unofficial isn’t the way to play the game, then why did the developers even make it an option?

I’ve never stopped playing a game because of one game mode but people are free to play/quit as they please.

I understand the point, but I think Wildcard has disrespected their customers with not giving a solution to dino cap on official PVE servers after more than 3 months, so all the people on this servers has lost their time waiting for a response. For this reason, I begun to search another survival game where the developers treat their customers in a much better way. Fortunately, I found it.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, DiogoBarradas said:

So i heard that there will be added new servers in March...is it true?? how many and what maps will it be?

I have not heard of any news about new servers, particularly anything about March. All that has been mentioned regarding servers is the migration with more legacy servers, which will of course create a number of new servers, so maybe that is what you have heard.

Unofficial is where the game really starts to become great.

On 2/8/2018 at 7:20 AM, DJRone89 said:

To the people who want to carry on playing the game but feel they are forced to quit the official scene, try your hand at hosting instead.

Skip past trying unofficials and jump straight into leading the charge. If everything is in your control, then fears of admin abuse are nothing more than your own temptations.

Hosting is only as hard as you make it. Find your niche, and use that as a starting point. You’ll be suprised how much of the game you are missing when you’ve only ever focused on the official way. Overrides are an option for a reason.

But before you even consider this, take a much deserved break from the game. It’s obvious people are very passionate about Ark but don’t let the negativity consume you.

This is why I went into hosting. Wildcard is not doing it right. However I outright bought and own the hardware instead of renting. All these idiots who keep perpetuating these lies about unofficial, and driving people away from a better game experience. I actually met a dude who thought that unofficial was bad because the server will close in a month. I have spent close to $5000 AUD on server hardware. Why would I close next month? Human stupidity really knows no limits.

Every EU-Official-PVE server (PC)  has been struggling with server tame cap for atleast the last 4 months !!!
COME ON WILDCARD! Do something!   - I have suggested that you should make account based tame limit, so you as example get 150 tames (just a number) per account, which is global, meaning that if you have ex. 75 tames on server 1 and 75 tames on server 2, you will not be able to tame anymore.  This is your solution to the problem, all fixed simple as that. 

My tribe and I have paused the game aswell, for the last 2 months we haven't made any progress  either, just kept our decay timer up and fed our dinos, because you don't fix your servers. We are way too invested in the server to bother starting over and we are soon loosing our hope for this game. 

Im gonna describe two similar scenarios here for the unofficial naysayers.

I had a 100% imprinted Giga fall through the map back when i played on 166 official, by the time they answered my ticket it had died. We had a 100% imprinted Giga fall through the map on our unofficial cluster, logged in our Admin account and 5 minutes later we had it back.

The game gives options, pvp and pve.
Many are playing in PVe thinking that they can come to an official server and have a lot of space and progress fast, making a match with a small tribe. A sad option, the official server is made to have tribes with many players and not the other way around. The question is: Is it all the fault of the WC team? Or admitting the reality of the facts and understanding the mechanics of the official game is indeed. The game does not need more servers or to make a new "legacy" division.
It requires a better clarity to the players with the goal of teaching the online mechanics of the game to enjoy what it can offer in a group. The option to play alone can be done offline.

Some guy who lives next to me has a huge base, hundred of dinos, and I was really inspired by his defense design it gave me tons of motivation to build something just as great and I learned so much about the game while working on my own project. But recently I flew over his base and he hadn't logged in for over a week. The other day all his dinos were bloody and all dropped dead one by one. Its a depressing sight, seeing such creativity and effort being washed down the drain. I hope you have good memories to take with you and had a blast while it lasted. Good luck, I'm on the same boat too.

5 minutes ago, epicfailure said:

Some guy who lives next to me has a huge base, hundred of dinos, and I was really inspired by his defense design it gave me tons of motivation to build something just as great and I learned so much about the game while working on my own project. But recently I flew over his base and he hadn't logged in for over a week. The other day all his dinos were bloody and all dropped dead one by one. Its a depressing sight, seeing such creativity and effort being washed down the drain. I hope you have good memories to take with you and had a blast while it lasted. Good luck, I'm on the same boat too.

I created a topic to try to clarify this detail, to avoid that new players have any illusion. The mechanics of online gambling are to enter a tribe with many players, the option of having a small tribe is an error with announcement of impending death.

4 minutes ago, Orfew said:

I created a topic to try to clarify this detail, to avoid that new players have any illusion. The mechanics of online gambling are to enter a tribe with many players, the option of having a small tribe is an error with announcement of impending death.

You're making moot points. Your little spectacle of an idea about tribes, has nothing to do with OP's situation of losing engrams while trying to progress on a PVe server, thus leading to him quitting.

On 2/4/2018 at 10:51 AM, KingGalahad said:

There are lots of legacy servers with next to no one in them. Wild card messed up when the decided to keep legacy, but remove support from it. They should have just ripped the band aid off and done a full wipe of all servers on release. 

No. Wildcard messed up by not outsourcing a company to run AND admin servers via a monthly subscription. Legacy became what it did because WC failed to properly admin them. Dupe? BAN! Exploit? BAN! Cheat? BAN! Don't like it? Go start over on another server/cluster and restart your subscription. Your perma banned from this cluster, sorry. They messed up by not banning dupers the other day on the current official servers. They messed up in many ways. They messed up by declaring servers to be legacy to begin with. My legacy server has 15-20 on during  prime time on event days because there's room to grow and no dino cap. People are coming over from officials. Nitrado needs to get their head in the game and strike a deal with WC. Nitrado needs to charge a subscription but ensure rules are enforced, tickets are dealt with promptly by assigning people they'll need to higher to admin them. I'm  just lost with the logic behind the current situation with officials, especially with WC's recent actions. How many times do I have to suggest a subscription model WC.. maybe I'll send nitrado an email. Let them be responsible for more servers when they are needed. WC clearly can't afford more. 

5 hours ago, Sphere said:

This is why I went into hosting. Wildcard is not doing it right. However I outright bought and own the hardware instead of renting. All these idiots who keep perpetuating these lies about unofficial, and driving people away from a better game experience. I actually met a dude who thought that unofficial was bad because the server will close in a month. I have spent close to $5000 AUD on server hardware. Why would I close next month? Human stupidity really knows no limits.

Unofficial is for Bob players.

Where s the fun of that? Hiting a rock and having one milion metal. .

Official u have to be good on all aspects of the game including diplomacy and politics.

8 hours ago, DiogoBarradas said:

So i heard that there will be added new servers in March...is it true?? how many and what maps will it be?

Last time they cut 900+ servers and added back about 100 servers, most of which were for Aberration. I wouldn't have high hopes given this time they are barely cutting 100 servers...we can expect 10-15 new ones ? One pvp, one pve, one each map, one each region....

7 hours ago, Sphere said:

May I ask what will happen when you find a new game or get tired of Ark ? 

No one honestly can pretend they will be playing Ark for the next 10 years. I think that's the main problem with unofficials, the uncertainty. You can keep hosting your server for 10 years and it will be great, but many people (because it's in the human nature) grow tired and find something else. Some finish college, start a family and let go of gaming, some change jobs and cannot afford gaming time, some others have something bad happen...

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived