1 more veteran quiting ARK

DiogoBarradas
Message added by Jerryn

Since this thread has gone off-topic and turned into another official vs unofficial debate, it is being locked.

Today i quit ARK! 

I lost all my hope on WC releasing any new servers...u cant progressin a game about dinos if u cant tame any dino...So i changed to Aberration...but because some briliant Dev had the idea of Rockwell not giving any normal engram there is almost no point on doing it...so i transfered and killed alpha ape and spider...i comeback to my server to discover that i dont have the engrams anymore...they jsut disapeared...

This was my favorite game of all times...but now when i think about playing it i IMIDEATLY regret my deciosio: 'what am i going to do there? i cant breed rexes for bosses, i cant tame new dinos to progress just a bit, i cant build cause servers are filled with pillars, i cant mkae TEK stuff on Ab cause Rockwell doesnt give me the engrams and when i do bosses on other servers and ccomeback to my ab servers all the engrams are gone....what do i even do here?'

What frustates me the most is the fact that i didnt see A SINGLE ONE awser to the new servers question...this is pathetic...Im not the only one complaing about this...u have HUNDRREDS of posts about this matter, its a shame having a Dev team that does 0 about that...If i worked for WC i would be embarassed to know that about 60% of the people that play my game dont ejoy it as they used to be...a lot of bad decisions made this game where it is now...i saw a lot of veterans quiting game cause of this (bugs and low amount of servers)...now with almost 2k hours in the game i quit aswell.

PS: Devs, ur dino TLC will be pathetic for PVE players, how the hell can u test new creatures if u cant even tame them??? hum??? 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here, after a recent relaunch of ARK, i want to leave too. I can't tame, i can't do my project... i tried to change the server but it's the same everywhere. I paid for this game and i guess the developers prefer to make DLC and not fix problems to make more money. I didn't buy Aberration because i don't want to support the game anymore. 

A loyal and disappointed player.

1 hour ago, Esquire1980 said:

You all might try "unofficial".  We've got plenty of room, plenty of player slots open, plenty of tames  left, plenty of building to do.  And, we've got every "official" map on our cluster.

^ This.

I used to be an official or nothing kind of guy (though I play PvP), but have been having far more fun on unofficials. Official has it's positives (e.g. potentially vast trading network), but unofficial has a ton of great things going for it as well.

My advice, take a break, play something with a lot more polish for a bit, then give Ark another try on the unofficial side. It's a little different but also awesome in it's own way. The trick is finding a good server/cluster, which takes homework, but there are quite a few.

59 minutes ago, ItWasntMe said:

Don't like abusive administration that's why I play official

I would imagine that some of this exists in ARK as I seen it on SWGEMU servers which made me get my own, but........,

There are also servers out there that have posted their rules, ev1 follows them, and admins have no real reason to log in except for bugs which is few and far between.  In our case, we are a non-griefing server for PVE.  That includes pillering, blocking instances/caves, etc.  However. we're also PVE/PVP and if some1 accepts your challenge, then admin doesn't get involved as ev1 either knows or will find out rather quickly how hard core this game's PVP can be.

In my case, I had my own daughter, who's in her 40s, as a admin and she abused that privilege and started "poofing" gear/animals.  I changed the admin PW at the 1st instance and now I'm the only 1 who has admin powers and to be honest, I think I've logged into admin a couple of times to try and get a player out of a hole and to replace a pre-requisite for the ascension cave when it bugged and people didn't get their ascension.  I didn't give them an ascension, I gave them the ability to run the cave again, and they did so.

I'm not looking to get you on our servers as any player who wants the "survivalist" gameplay wouldn't like our servers in the 1st place.  Mine are set up more like a MMORPG (think the sandbox version of SWG) than a survival game, but there are some players who want that as well and, IMHO, WC has done a great job of giving me the "choices" to make that happen.

Wow, I was just about to buy the season pass for abberation because I was getting bored in Ragnarok and I don't have the patience to breed 15 boss rexes to solo endgame content....., but after I've read this I am absolutely halting myself from clicking that "buy" button. Totally unsure if its even safe and worth it to transfer my existing character to an abberation sever... I really do want to tame new dinos and get out of this tame cap hell...... WHY does this have to happen, RIGHT when I'm about to try abberation :(

18 hours ago, DiogoBarradas said:

Today i quit ARK! 

I lost all my hope on WC releasing any new servers...u cant progressin a game about dinos if u cant tame any dino...So i changed to Aberration...but because some briliant Dev had the idea of Rockwell not giving any normal engram there is almost no point on doing it...so i transfered and killed alpha ape and spider...i comeback to my server to discover that i dont have the engrams anymore...they jsut disapeared...

This was my favorite game of all times...but now when i think about playing it i IMIDEATLY regret my deciosio: 'what am i going to do there? i cant breed rexes for bosses, i cant tame new dinos to progress just a bit, i cant build cause servers are filled with pillars, i cant mkae TEK stuff on Ab cause Rockwell doesnt give me the engrams and when i do bosses on other servers and ccomeback to my ab servers all the engrams are gone....what do i even do here?'

What frustates me the most is the fact that i didnt see A SINGLE ONE awser to the new servers question...this is pathetic...Im not the only one complaing about this...u have HUNDRREDS of posts about this matter, its a shame having a Dev team that does 0 about that...If i worked for WC i would be embarassed to know that about 60% of the people that play my game dont ejoy it as they used to be...a lot of bad decisions made this game where it is now...i saw a lot of veterans quiting game cause of this (bugs and low amount of servers)...now with almost 2k hours in the game i quit aswell.

PS: Devs, ur dino TLC will be pathetic for PVE players, how the hell can u test new creatures if u cant even tame them??? hum??? 

does this happen 100% when transferring?? Sounds like we are on the same boat, official and pve.  I've looked everywhere but this is the only thread that mentions it. Anyone?

22 hours ago, DiogoBarradas said:

Today i quit ARK! 

I feel the same. We know since release there are not enough Server... We started new after 4 Month break but we realize there are still not enough Server. Try to start new on Ragnarok or Island or Center but all at Tame Cap. We need at least about 10 more Ragnarok server and i believe they are full after a few Days. I dont understand Wildcards policy now we think they just greedy as Hell.

5 hours ago, epicfailure said:

Wow, I was just about to buy the season pass for abberation because I was getting bored in Ragnarok and I don't have the patience to breed 15 boss rexes to solo endgame content....., but after I've read this I am absolutely halting myself from clicking that "buy" button. Totally unsure if its even safe and worth it to transfer my existing character to an abberation sever... I really do want to tame new dinos and get out of this tame cap hell...... WHY does this have to happen, RIGHT when I'm about to try abberation :(

Because the Aberration map is designed as progress map.
It's kind of expected to have cleared previous maps before swapping to Aberration.

42 minutes ago, RasFW said:

Play unofficial. Between PvP mega tribes and PvE pillaring and tame cap, there's no reason yo stick it out on official.

And how does one go about finding a perfect server to play on unofficial I've never looked past official servers. 

Always been told there is admin abuse and crazy stats that make dodo 1shot everything lol

I would play a server that has a tribe limit size and close to official rates I don't mind a little boosted but not crazy boosted.

18 minutes ago, DoughBoy93 said:

And how does one go about finding a perfect server to play on unofficial I've never looked past official servers. 

Always been told there is admin abuse and crazy stats that make dodo 1shot everything lol

I would play a server that has a tribe limit size and close to official rates I don't mind a little boosted but not crazy boosted.

There's sites promoting unofficials, there's a server advertisement forum, there's reddit and who knows how many other sites out there.
But yes, if you keep listening to every bob's input on unofficial servers and don't seek them out yourself, you're going to remain stuck where you are.

Biggest factor finding a good community is actively contributing to it.

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived