When is the Valentine event?

DARKxASSASSIN22

My problem is the selective communication. They always give ETA's on major things which, hey, cool if it gets delayed at least we know its coming eventually.

But how about the fact that abberant megalosaurus eggs still don't exist in console versions, it was in patch notes and removed. we were told it'd have to wait til the next major version. So along comes Ragnarok 99%, still no fix, and now tweets are being deleted, etc. Wildcard has literally and unarguably lied, covered up any evidence of it, and has gone completely silent on the issue.

It's embarrassing that a group of educated adults running a multi-million dollar company would act so shady and childish. I understand why ppl like GP feel a loyalty to them, i mean they gave you the power of mod. I'm sure spamming facepalms like a troll, when incapable of refuting peoples points, feels real good.But for the rest of us who are allowed to be unbiased and objective on the topic are rightfully disappointed in WC. :Jerbmad:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vassiliOFP85

I really think Valentine's event, especially with a breeding buff, without adressing tame cap issues on most official servers, would be an awful decision from WC. People would get so frustrated because of tame cap !!

11 hours ago, iAmE said:

Too late.

Joking aside, I'm personally just a bit salted at the moment. Their handling of cheaters has a pretty good portion of the community on complete tilt, and the latest announcement just put it over a boiling point. 

At this point, I'm trying to figure out if anything wildcard does actually happens. They release "Release dates" and "ETA's" that are, quite literally, almost never happen, and make empty threats to cheaters about not cheating. However that's neither here nor there, and I've derailed the thread enough. 

If one is trying to find anything good, they did actually change the ETA to be sooner!! :o:o From February 18th it now says ETA February 10th. So maybe that means an inclusion of an event.

(Also pretty salty over their handling of this and don't understand why they had an announcement just to say exactly nothing of value except for just enough to majorly piss off as many as possible)

Out of curiosity, does anyone remember when the Valentine's day event started last year? I don't remember :(

I'm curious if it will start this weekend (the weekend before Vday), next weekend (the weekend after Vday), or if they'll screw a lot of people over and do it in the middle of the week ON Vday itself. I doubt it'll be long if they even have a breeding event, with tame tap issues on the official servers. Anyone have any theories since we won't really know til the second it drops?

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, xtwistedtea said:

apparently nothing has been said about it yet. but last year they started it the weekend before v day i believe. and if they are doing that big update it would make sense to include the event in the update

Actually to me it wouldn't make sense. The TLC is a very big patch, and to risk throwing in an event on top of it would not be the wisest move.

I play on Xbox, and I think I remember the vday event starting about a week or so after vday... I think I remember it being pushed back for some reason. But I could be remembering wrong.

Edit: here's the link for the announcement for it last year, if this helps.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/arks-valentine-celebration-r399/

Valentine's day event is a breeding event.  For 48 hours.   In the middle of the week.  Who is this for?  Unemployed college students only?  It's not even like this is over a holiday break where the school kiddies can enjoy it.   I realize WC is concerned about dino caps and overpopulation on most servers, but the way this is implemented actually feels less like a treat and more like a passive-aggressive attempt to punish players for something.   

If you're not going to commit to this being a breeding type event (and obviously you're not) then just drop the baby maturation and food stuff and make it a full week event that's about the chocolates and taming pretty pink, white, and red dinos.   Seriously.   It doesn't need to be about MOAR POWAH or anything, it just needs to be a reason to log in an play that can be enjoyed by every one who plays.

I completely AGREE!!!!!!!!  

This is entirely ridiculous and you have alienated half of your player base!  
What kind of backwards companies releases major patches on the weekend, during prime play time and then holds player treat events during the week!?!?!
Is Wild Card so out of touch with reality that they no longer understand a normal working person's life?

Guest DJRone89
4 minutes ago, Schelmixi said:

Last year it was for a week.

The devs have already explained the reasoning why events post launch aren’t the same as their early access counterparts - they no longer outsource the work.

People ignore this and then complain anyway.

6 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

The devs have already explained the reasoning why events post launch aren’t the same as their early access counterparts - they no longer outsource the work.

and now? this explained nothing! Event for jobless people... Should at least 14.02-18.02 or 13.02-16.02

8 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

That literally has nothing to do with the timing or length of the event. 

Archived