When is the Valentine event?

DARKxASSASSIN22

@invincibleqc

I wasn't trying to argue that the rates aren't activated. I see they are, which is great!

However I cannot get on the server now. My game seems to be missing an update? I am running version 278.2, while the servers are on 278.3

I was literally running the game before they deployed the event. I got "connection timed out" and now I cannot log back in. Thus, I'm stuck.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, skellri said:

I wasn't trying to argue that the rates aren't activated. I see they are, which is great!

I was not specifically telling that to you, but generally to everyone above saying rates are not enabled ^.

3 minutes ago, skellri said:

I was literally running the game before they deployed the event. I got "connection timed out" and now I cannot log back in. Thus, I'm stuck.

That probably means your server is still launching as you should be able to connect on a 278.3 server with a 278.2 client. The server rejects connections with a "version mismatch" message only if you are running a different major version (277 client for 278 server for example). Feel free to PM me your server number and I will see if I can connect.

Someday, after messing up these things every single time, they will learn. Launching updates at the same time as the extremely rare maturation events severely messes everyone up. They seem to insist on trying to pass their shoddy updates when they kick off these unicorn events, and it messes up every single time. Everyone loses time on it every single time. People plan around it and spend half their time waiting for it to actually start and the rest of the time trying to log back into the server because every update comes with a massive wave of lag and disconnects on Xbox. Someday they’ll see the repeating pattern. 

23 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

This is a server-side only event. Your client won't be updated. For everyone claiming the rates are not enabled, they are. You can see on the dynamic config there: http://arkdedicated.com/dynamicconfig.ini

If you base yourself on eggs that was incubating, be sure to pick them up and drop them again or relog otherwise the timers won't get updated on your client and will display default countdown.

Sorry sir you are wrong. The event is not in the game.https://arkdevtracker.com/

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Vad said:

Sorry sir you are wrong. The event is not in the game.

Well, you can see on the link I posted. Keep in mind that this link is queried by the servers so Wildcard can change the rates dynamically on the entire cluster and that at any time. That link cannot be wrong and is accurate on the live rates.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Vad said:

When it's WC anything can and will go and be wrong. Wanna see the picture of an egg timer? I am in the game are you?

I am not, I ran away from officials months ago and have no regrets. ;)

But like I said above:

28 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

If you base yourself on eggs that was incubating, be sure to pick them up and drop them again or relog otherwise the timers won't get updated on your client and will display default countdown.

Well, you can see on the link I posted. Keep in mind that this link is queried by the servers so Wildcard can change the rates dynamically on the entire cluster and that at any time. That link cannot be wrong and is accurate on the live rates.
I love reading your post when you lay the fact hammer down. Much logic. Such wow. So amazed!

31 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I was not specifically telling that to you, but generally to everyone above saying rates are not enabled ^.

That probably means your server is still launching as you should be able to connect on a 278.3 server with a 278.2 client. The server rejects connections with a "version mismatch" message only if you are running a different major version (277 client for 278 server for example). Feel free to PM me your server number and I will see if I can connect.

ah I see! I apologize if i came off as rather bitey. Wasn't my intention!

I'm guessing the server ws still launching then. My boyfriend was able to connect with no problem, I'm trying to get in now as we speak!

Thank you for being so patient with me and for offering so much help! @invincibleqc

45 minutes ago, Vad said:

When it's WC anything can and will go and be wrong. Wanna see the picture of an egg timer? I am in the game are you?

when i played on officals there was a bug that if rates went up the timer on eggs did not change. But did incubate at a faster rate, caught me by surprise the first time it happened as stuff was hatching at 10%+. Took relogging to fix the visual bug.

16 minutes ago, Eli said:

To everyone saying they're not seeing the event, are you on PC? If so, have you relogged when the event was activated?

on pc i have hatched a giga egg and its maturation is at normal rate  i was able to see 1 valentines colored dino i flew acrossed whole map oh and yes this is an official server

I'm now officially a firm believer that WC has a deep down hatred of consoles while they crawl into bed and let PC be the big spoon.

For real though, hope you guys figure out the issue with the console release. We got time, just tinker with it and make sure it runs well before release :) I'd rather wait for a good product than receive a rushed blotched one.

And as my boss always says, always tell the customer a longer time than you think it will take. By getting it to them early (or on time with set backs) instead of late you get a lot more praise for getting it done!

Archived