When is the Valentine event?

DARKxASSASSIN22

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Sphere said:

As long as it's not the nightmare of a hassle to install as the Christmas event. Whoever decided that method of installation, needs to check their alcohol reading.

So much this! I have high hopes of it being included in a patch so that it can be activated through the command line argument. This is because last event the patch notes said:

OPTIONAL HOLIDAY EVENT for dedicated servers available on holidayevent branch!

clearly stating a branch. This time the announcement only included the command line argument so here's hoping!!! ??????

2 hours ago, Dylan1602 said:

I get all the Monday - Friday people are annoyed about this but it's a Valentines event so it makes sense to have it on Valentines which just happens to be during the week. Also if you think about it all 2x events are usually on weekends therefore people who work weekends never get to make the most of them. I personally completely missed the entire of this weekends because of work. Just remember not everyone works Monday - Friday, there are so many different shift variations out there and we can't only cater to one of them.

I understand that people want the event to last for a week so that they can do stuff on the weekend but then you have the argument of why don't the weekend events get extended for the weekday people. Then the question of why not just permanent 2x etc... It would just be an endless cycle of the same questions over and over again.

then you should get our crap  events too. just xp and taming, not 50% imprint cakes, 3x breeding and 1/3 less food needed. how is that a comparative. the fair comp would be part during week part weekend. But cap gonna rule anyhow

Did a search and didn't see this.. I have a question about the vday event.  Specifically this part:

• Baby Food Consumption has been decreased by 1/3

Two questions really:  1) Does the consumption decrease only apply to babies, or to juveniles and adolescents as well.  and 2) Does this mean consumption is 2/3 of its normal value, or 1/3 of normal value? i.e. if a creature consumed 3 food/second before, does it now consume 2/second or 1/second?

If I read this literally, then I assume that juvenile and adolescent creatures have normal consumption, and that babies' consumption is 2/3 of its normal value, but I'm not sure how precise WC is with their language on these things...

36 minutes ago, jdk said:

Did a search and didn't see this.. I have a question about the vday event.  Specifically this part:

• Baby Food Consumption has been decreased by 1/3

Two questions really:  1) Does the consumption decrease only apply to babies, or to juveniles and adolescents as well.  and 2) Does this mean consumption is 2/3 of its normal value, or 1/3 of normal value? i.e. if a creature consumed 3 food/second before, does it now consume 2/second or 1/second?

If I read this literally, then I assume that juvenile and adolescent creatures have normal consumption, and that babies' consumption is 2/3 of its normal value, but I'm not sure how precise WC is with their language on these things...

If I am right, I believe it implies the entire raising phase is reduced as it is when adjusting the baby food consumption modifier in single player. So as an example to show how it stacks, if it’s 3x raising speed and 2/3 consumption, a 3 day breed that will need to consume 9k food total(plus food value) will then become 1 day consuming ~2k(plus food value).

Right now (7:30 am GMT+1), Pacific Standard Time (which, I believe, is most commonly used by the devs) is 10:30pm on the 12th. So you have an hour and a half before it's even February 13th where the devs are.

I would advice you to set your mind to it being released closer to work day end (at least here that's at) 5pm, meaning you have another 18h30m, or even tonight (their time).

Archived