When is the Valentine event?

DARKxASSASSIN22

2 minutes ago, Spaxx said:

and now? this explained nothing! Event for jobless people... Should at least 14-18

While I agree that the event should be longer as you say (not that I honestly care) 14-18 makes sense, not everyone works monday to friday 9-5. People do actually work weekends lol. Dont get me started on the evo events lol...

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DJRone89
3 minutes ago, Shoosty said:

That literally has nothing to do with the timing or length of the event. 

This is the 3rd lacklustre event since full release and you are still suprised? It’s almost like the devs don’t outsource the work to do a proper event anymore.

17 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

This is the 3rd lacklustre event since full release and you are still suprised? It’s almost like the devs don’t outsource the work to do a proper event anymore.

For me it's not about surprise.   It's about giving feedback so that they can improve their events.   If people disagree with my feedback and have their own ideas then of course it's their forum too (and their thread, too) so they can say that.

If Wildcard chooses to ignore the feedback, or lack the ability to act on it, then ultimately it's their business.   Maybe holiday events have no impact whatsoever on customer retention, in which case they have no real reason to care.

3 hours ago, noodaboy said:

Lol...So it was better during early access? ^^

No taming cap and we had fun christmas, halloween, anniversary and valentines event. not much rollbacks either. hihi

you didnt have to deal with the lag due to not having taming caps.... i was there for lag from 600 of every critter tamed on servers. it was aweful. im glad there is a server hard cap on tames. as for the events....... oh dear god...... half the time, we didnt even get the bloody events and when we did, they were cut down to practically nothing because the devs didnt have time to implement them on xbox because they were too busy making sure everything was absolutely perfect for the PC players.... i get the reason behind the Valentines event only lasting 2 days. you probably werent there for the last one..... it was a disaster because a bunch of servers hit the max tame cap, which, btw, wasnt what it is now. i think the cap at the time was 200 per tribe (dont remember server cap). one of the servers i was on hit the hard cap during the last V-day event and i had to move to another server so i could operate. things are so much better now. early access was a nightmare and im glad its gone.....

So, regarding the Valentine's day event, the announcement said:

All servers (including Officials) using the following commandline parameter: -vday can get some extra mate-boosted bonuses:

However, they have said this before without mentioning that you also need to update the game to an event branch. Do you guys know if that's the case this time as well? That would mean dedicated servers not running SteamCMD and single player servers won't get the event, which would be a shame.

I really hope they release an update that contains the event so that all you have to do to activate it is to add the parameter.

Also, before that, it said:

The ARK will be placed under Cupid's loving spell. With this event, creatures have also been affected by Cupid's spell in the following way:

Am I right to assume this is a patch that comes to all, i.e. a game update, regardless of whether the -vday parameter has been specified or not?

Hi,

Does anybody else think it is ridiculous they are having a seasonal event run for 48 hours in the middle of the week. Why would you not move the event to the weekend so the other 90% of your player base can have fun too? 

Few examples of other games Valentines Events for 2018;

- Pokemon Go - 8th - 15th - 1 week+ 

- Fortnite - 14th - 21st - 1 week+

- Gears Of War - 1 week + 

- Runescape - 9th - 14th (with part 2 starting on 15th) - 1 week + 

Edit: Factoring in the 1 minute rollbacks on Ragnarock every 5 minutes, more like 30 hours. 

32 minutes ago, extraicy said:

Hi,

Does anybody else think it is ridiculous they are having a seasonal event run for 48 hours in the middle of the week. Why would you not move the event to the weekend so the other 90% of your player base can have fun too? 

6hrs before the event will even start the server would be capped anyway. So there is no point in having an event any longer and possibly for once, some players might be able to play and raise something as it might be quieter in the week (doubtful though). I know full well that by 6pm on a Friday, my server is capped all the way through to 6pm on a Monday.

37 minutes ago, Anarki said:

6hrs before the event will even start the server would be capped anyway. So there is no point in having an event any longer and possibly for once, some players might be able to play and raise something as it might be quieter in the week (doubtful though). I know full well that by 6pm on a Friday, my server is capped all the way through to 6pm on a Monday.

Xbox servers are never capped, only when the server is getting raided

I get all the Monday - Friday people are annoyed about this but it's a Valentines event so it makes sense to have it on Valentines which just happens to be during the week. Also if you think about it all 2x events are usually on weekends therefore people who work weekends never get to make the most of them. I personally completely missed the entire of this weekends because of work. Just remember not everyone works Monday - Friday, there are so many different shift variations out there and we can't only cater to one of them.

I understand that people want the event to last for a week so that they can do stuff on the weekend but then you have the argument of why don't the weekend events get extended for the weekday people. Then the question of why not just permanent 2x etc... It would just be an endless cycle of the same questions over and over again.

22 minutes ago, Dylan1602 said:

I get all the Monday - Friday people are annoyed about this but it's a Valentines event so it makes sense to have it on Valentines which just happens to be during the week. Also if you think about it all 2x events are usually on weekends therefore people who work weekends never get to make the most of them. I personally completely missed the entire of this weekends because of work. Just remember not everyone works Monday - Friday, there are so many different shift variations out there and we can't only cater to one of them.

I understand that people want the event to last for a week so that they can do stuff on the weekend but then you have the argument of why don't the weekend events get extended for the weekday people. Then the question of why not just permanent 2x etc... It would just be an endless cycle of the same questions over and over again.

I saw you post this on reddit. I agree it should cater for people who work shifts. Why not have the event run from Valentines day until the following monday? 

So it's only two days? Over valentines day? So anyone with a girlfriend or wife is not going to get to play the event because they will have to take them out. This leaves very few hours to actually hatch anything. 

I know wildcard are on a campaign against people having a social life but this is just silly.

Anyone doing lots of breeding in the game is not doing no breeding in real life 

Rewarding the no lifes again and ruining breeding for colour mutations all in one go. 

2 hours ago, extraicy said:

Hi,

Edit: Factoring in the 1 minute rollbacks on Ragnarock every 5 minutes, more like 30 hours. 

What is ridiculous is we are getting bug filled TLC updates before the Kibble rework. Not even a mention of what or roughly when it will be.

Bug filled TLC as in, they had to rollback twice because the ape was messed up, (doesnt even make sounds anymore, so that was probably forgotten too)

Also it cause many players to lose their characters, some got recovered from the second rollback but then more people lost their characters from that.

What is funny is i have seen character loss "FIXES" in the patch notes multiple times but yet it is still an issue. (bravo)

I have had 2 rexes get glitched in the floor mesh since the patch hit, luckily i was able to unrender them out myself without having to submit a ticket (thank god)

Updated dinos are useless if they can't be tamed due to tame cap on multiple servers.

I also agree doing an event in the middle of the week is really odd it should bleed into the weekend before or after at least.

46 minutes ago, extraicy said:

I saw you post this on reddit. I agree it should cater for people who work shifts. Why not have the event run from Valentines day until the following monday? 

Thats the thing its not just shift workers, its people who don't have secured days/hours to work so they find out 1 or 2 days in advance. People who have their working days on weekends, people working shifts like 4 days working 4 days off. I'll be damned if I can remember the last midweek event... I think just because Monday to Friday is considered 'The Norm' it doesn't mean there aren't others who have different lifestyles and responsibilities that still deserve the same amount of lover as the Monday to Friday people.

The only thing I would think of is making it from the 14th to the 17th to account for everyone if they really really had to but I think it should remain as the 13th and 14th only.

20 minutes ago, Dylan1602 said:

Thats the thing its not just shift workers, its people who don't have secured days/hours to work so they find out 1 or 2 days in advance. People who have their working days on weekends, people working shifts like 4 days working 4 days off. I'll be damned if I can remember the last midweek event... I think just because Monday to Friday is considered 'The Norm' it doesn't mean there aren't others who have different lifestyles and responsibilities that still deserve the same amount of lover as the Monday to Friday people.

The only thing I would think of is making it from the 14th to the 17th to account for everyone if they really really had to but I think it should remain as the 13th and 14th only.

Why do you think that?  If they ran the event for 7 days every person would get to enjoy it. Restricting it to the 13th and 14th means most of the people can't enjoy it. 

Archived