When is the Valentine event?

DARKxASSASSIN22

god i cant stand the stupid HEY GO OPEN SOME PRESENTS every 30 minutes, with the non-consensual glowing sparkle aura. I'd rather just have 2x breeding. Those lazy ass painted dinos are HIDEOUS too, every time i see someone talking about their Christmas spino or whatever i hurl all over my sticks. Its so painfully obvious the devs are all pve players, i wouldn't point it out if it didn't negatively affect pvp time and time again

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now that we know GP knows how to facepalm but never talk..

It is very clear that the devs do not play their own game outside of making videos, possibly some PvE testing and using god mode. The sheer amount of idiotic decisions that huts both PvP and PvE, as well as now communication... shows how little they now about their own game

I hope they spend their time and effort on the TLC pass and bug fixes, we get 2x HP, taming, farming evo almost every weekend and breeding evos++ often enough to keep me happy. I don't have or want to breed dinos every weekend. Sometimes I like to have a bit of time to do caves and fun stuff and not just grind food for babies 

Core game and quality of life improvements would be more beneficial to the community in the long run.

If they have to have a valentines event maybe they should have a cupids bow that you could use to shoot an enemy and the next type of dino you shoot with the bow will attack that enemy where ever they go on the map ( cool down after 20 minutes or death) You could make it herbivores only to add a comedy element, how fun would it be to have someone you dislike mobbed to death by dodos or lystros 

I think that would add a real fun dynamic to a valentine event.

On 2/5/2018 at 6:59 AM, Hemplethwaite said:

If they have to have a valentines event maybe they should have a cupids bow that you could use to shoot an enemy and the next type of dino you shoot with the bow will attack that enemy where ever they go on the map ( cool down after 20 minutes or death) You could make it herbivores only to add a comedy element, how fun would it be to have someone you dislike mobbed to death by dodos or lystros 

This.

Apparently there is a dart you can make when shot at a dino or human, every dino around the victim will attack.

So yea......having a cupid's arrow would be awesome for a valentine's event. 

Maybe the dino shot with cupid's arrow would just follow the player around in general "in love". 

So it's the 14th on Wed, smack bang in the middle of the week. Are we getting a valentines event this weekend?

[mention=2]Jatheish[/mention] [mention=7]Jen[/mention] [mention=8]lilpanda[/mention]
Shhhh. WC is like deer.. they spook easily and if you ask them to many questions they'll run away. Just wait and see what they do.

On 2/2/2018 at 12:55 AM, DarkEliteH2 said:

To be honest, all these past events had revolved around big future releases, mainly Aberration. Since Aberration is out, maybe now, the devs can focus on a holiday event?

...Then again, there is the TLC patch. Is that set to release before or after Valentine’s Day?

AFAIk, the set ETA for the patch is Feb 22. However, since they will be working hard on it, the Valentine's event is still at risk.

17 hours ago, iAmE said:

I don't know why they bother releasing ETA's more then a couple days out, knowing that, probably over 9x% of the time, they are wrong. 

I can think of two potential reasons:

1) Because when they don't release an estimated time of arrival, the same people who complain about estimated release dates not being accurate will complain about Wildcard keeping customers in the dark.
 - and -
2) Because if something's a couple days out it's not an estimated time of arrival anymore...it's just the release date. 

I'm not 100% sure that either are true, so don't quote me...but whatever the answer truly is, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the definition of estimated.

1 minute ago, LouSpowells said:

so don't quote me.

Too late.

Joking aside, I'm personally just a bit salted at the moment. Their handling of cheaters has a pretty good portion of the community on complete tilt, and the latest announcement just put it over a boiling point. 

At this point, I'm trying to figure out if anything wildcard does actually happens. They release "Release dates" and "ETA's" that are, quite literally, almost never happen, and make empty threats to cheaters about not cheating. However that's neither here nor there, and I've derailed the thread enough. 

Archived