Dedicated Server On PC for Xbox?

I hosted a dedicated server on my PC, I was able to join it on my local network through my Xbox however my friends would receive "unable to join" messages when attempting to connect. I tried searching through other forums and posts however most of those searches came up empty. Does anyone know any solutions or tips on how to get this to work?

I am trying this as well but no matter what i try my friend cant connect.

i have my server hosted on my Gaming PC through the Windows 10 Store version of Ark with a Silver account and me and my friends Play our gold accounts on the Xbox One
Once set up, i did not see my server in the Player Dedicated list but i was able to Join in my LAN by friending the silver account and just going to Join Game.
My friends could not connect from outside my network though.

At first i only had the following forwarded and i could join but my friends got Join Failed message

TCP: 3074
UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
I also set up rules to allow them through my windows firewall and tested their availability with a port checker

Currently i am set up with the following ports forwarded and my windows firewall disabled on my PC (I know that's not secure but did it for troubleshooting purposes)

TCP: 3074, 25147, 27015-27030, 27036-27037
UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544,4380, 4500, 7777, 25147, 27000-27031, 27036

What am I missing / doing wrong

On 2/6/2018 at 11:40 AM, Zeddicus919 said:

I am trying this as well but no matter what i try my friend cant connect.

i have my server hosted on my Gaming PC through the Windows 10 Store version of Ark with a Silver account and me and my friends Play our gold accounts on the Xbox One
Once set up, i did not see my server in the Player Dedicated list but i was able to Join in my LAN by friending the silver account and just going to Join Game.
My friends could not connect from outside my network though.

At first i only had the following forwarded and i could join but my friends got Join Failed message

TCP: 3074
UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
I also set up rules to allow them through my windows firewall and tested their availability with a port checker

Currently i am set up with the following ports forwarded and my windows firewall disabled on my PC (I know that's not secure but did it for troubleshooting purposes)

TCP: 3074, 25147, 27015-27030, 27036-27037
UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544,4380, 4500, 7777, 25147, 27000-27031, 27036

What am I missing / doing wrong

NAT types are open all around, even when removing all my port forwards and going back to bones i cant connect within my own LAN anymore either..

Has ANYONE ever set this up successfully? Now i don't have a way to play on the same server as my Wife anymore...

Mine works fine, I use upnp on my router so I don't even need to open ports. I can connect locally on my lan and others can connect also via my hosting pc by joining, on the host pc xbox account. It occasionally will show up on ark server list but it seems completely random.

I am currently trying to figure out if I can cluster servers by using VMs, it might work but I am not sure of performance. 

Ping your host computer and see if you can even see it. I put my host on a dedicated ip not within dhcp range because it could end up dropping it on refresh of tables or reassign it an different interal ip which might drop connections.

21 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

Mine works fine, I use upnp on my router so I don't even need to open ports. I can connect locally on my lan and others can connect also via my hosting pc by joining, on the host pc xbox account. It occasionally will show up on ark server list but it seems completely random.

I am currently trying to figure out if I can cluster servers by using VMs, it might work but I am not sure of performance. 

Ping your host computer and see if you can even see it. I put my host on a dedicated ip not within dhcp range because it could end up dropping it on refresh of tables or reassign it an different interal ip which might drop connections.

Thanks for the suggestion, i wonder if because i have UPnP enabled as well the port forwards and it are fighting. also i did set a static but well within the random assignment range, ill reconfigure and try again. Ill let you know how it goes.

• 8 months later...
On 2/14/2018 at 2:39 PM, Zeddicus919 said:

So far still a no go, not even within my LAN

gonna try a clean slate install with deleting the dedicated server data and a reinstall on my xbox to see if that changes anything

Any updates? I’m having the same issue and there’s NOTHING. You’d think something like this would be more polished. Woohoo, gotta love Studio Wildcard.

I just booted a server up on a VM (hyper v) under a separate gamer tag. Then on the same machine used another instance of windows and separate GT and connected to the ark server,no issues. Friends were able to join in on it via adding the host ark GT as friend first then joining game in session since server wasn't showing up yet on ark server list. I was not port forwarding and simply using upnp. Both were on the same subnet and gateway address. Both Xbox app under network settings were showing NAT as open. At first it was strict but once I rebooted machine it became open. So maybe just try a simple reboot. But yes, you can host and play on the same machine, but I wouldn't call it ideal. Separate machines is more ideal. Still can't cluster though since we don't have startup command access to link the IDs like steam or nitrado.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have been having issues trying to setup and join my dedicated server. What I am trying to do is run a dedicated server for me and my friends on my gaming PC, and play on it off of my xbox one x (My friends are also playing on xbox). I have downloaded ARK on my PC and I am able to launch and run the game no problem and can successfully host a dedicated server. The issue I am having is when me and anyone I know tries to join the server it will load primalgamedata_bp for a while then the game will just freeze and after a while we get a notification that says "Lost/timedout connection to host". I have tried so many things to try and make this work but nothing has been successful so far. If someone who has knowledge and experience with this issue could help me and my friends we would forever be in your debt. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 3:44 PM, Bubbles1220 said:

I have been having issues trying to setup and join my dedicated server. What I am trying to do is run a dedicated server for me and my friends on my gaming PC, and play on it off of my xbox one x (My friends are also playing on xbox). I have downloaded ARK on my PC and I am able to launch and run the game no problem and can successfully host a dedicated server. The issue I am having is when me and anyone I know tries to join the server it will load primalgamedata_bp for a while then the game will just freeze and after a while we get a notification that says "Lost/timedout connection to host". I have tried so many things to try and make this work but nothing has been successful so far. If someone who has knowledge and experience with this issue could help me and my friends we would forever be in your debt. 

Any luck?? I'm trying to do the same thing. Playing on Xbox and want to host with PC. 

Archived