Drake nest tips?

Gogohorse

31 minutes ago, Gogohorse said:

Hi, tomorrow we are planning on heading to the Drake nests in the bioluminescent to try our hand at poaching eggs. Anyone have any tips? We have a mate boosted pair of crabs with some 10k health, my crab has 1k melee and my brother’s has 3k. Is this enough?

Dear Lord yes that's enough. 3000% damage?? That's about 1500 damage per double claw attack isn't it? 

Basically what Cowgirl said. Bring lots of suits, clear the drakes before grabbing eggs, and go to the bathroom beforehand so you don't have to go afk while you're down there. Personally, I prefer going with spinos to the smaller nest area the first time I take someone new down there just because they seem a bit more powerful. I've never taken a crab with 3k melee down though.

2 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Basically what Cowgirl said. Bring lots of suits, clear the drakes before grabbing eggs, and go to the bathroom beforehand so you don't have to go afk while you're down there. Personally, I prefer going with spinos to the smaller nest area the first time I take someone new down there just because they seem a bit more powerful. I've never taken a crab with 3k melee down though.

I use a 15k 300 melee crab and destroy Drake's as long as they are only in pairs. B multiply that damage by 10 and they should be fine. Just make sure you take spoiled meat to heal Karkinos up. It'll give 10 health per feeding instead of 5 from raw meat.

i have a picture somewhere of the rock drake nests, but be warned they will come from quite a distance away for you and chase you quite far , this is the type of zone they are in, I jumped off just messing around, but you go down, around  45, 50. you will see a metal structure go down over the hill then you will come to a T in the road, turn right follow it down the hill further, then you will come to a big flat area, with a pond on the right and cliffs to your left, walk down over the cliffs when you see a small cliff about one third of the way down, then jump again, but MAKE SURE you dismount before you land, it will possibly kill your dino, then turn left, have light pets with you turn them on and off, cause of the seekers, but you should take megalosaurus's instead cause they are ALOT faster then the karkinos, make sure have to hazard suits as they are in a area that is quite radioactive, you will come down to a crossing, cross it over a river of liquid element, turn right to continue down the hill, it will take you about, 15-20mins to get down there on megalo's not sure how long on crabs. have a few climbing picks and a wing suit as well, make sure to have a couple hazard suit chests on you, also be prepared to fight a possible reaper king spawn, maybe even a reaper queen, reaper queens are a rare spawn there, while reaper kings spawn off the amount of nameless in the area. you will come down to a blueish area, that is the area you want, go towards it, then you will come with a cross road of multiple ways to go, look for the golden/brown area go in there up the hill there is 4-6 nests there climb up to them via climbing picks, pick up a egg at the exact same time or you will get ganked, by the wild rock drakes, also have your megalos on passive while your in the nests so they don't go chasing after the wild rock drakes if they hit you, once you get in the nests pick up the eggs glide down to your dinos and go back up the ramps, then you have a long walk ahead of you, once you get back up into the non radioation zone you will go back into it after where you jumped down, take a break go to the bathroom etc, cause you got about another 10min walk easily ahead of you to get out. once you go up the ramp. you will come to a down hill, and a cross road go down hill take the parth going left up the hill keep going up it till you see a metal ramp, go up that there will be a charging station sit there recharge your pets etc, go to the left and up the hill and you will come to another area take a left up the hill, remember to always go up hill, once you get up the second hill you will be kind of going through several S type hills, keep going up, hill, you will come to a normal water fall, here comes the fun part I can not describe cause its soo much of a maze, but I believe its take the first left then turn right a bit go straight for a little bit, look around for a arching land bridge with purple glowing flowers, that is the way out of the bio zones. if your a bit confused if I can ever get this update downloaded and installed ill record a video on obs studio, and uploaded it to youtube and post it here, we got the path marked with about 80-95 s+ foundations made of stone down on the server we play on as a guide, we still get a bit sometimes, or on a rescue mission, I will also point out all the nest locations as wellAD367008FC1578533D7174A20FD925FC11CE3FDC

Easy way to farm high level eggs.

Take dino of your choice to the entrance on the same side as the giga skeleton.

This small area will have 1-3 nests, kill drakes, take an egg, wait around 30 seconds and kill the aggroed drakes.

Take rest of the eggs.

Go out of render range (with a drake I usually fly up to the cliff next to the giga skeleton and wait 10 seconds)

Go back in and voila, eggs repawned.

Do this until you find a high level egg, then steal it , DON'T kill the drakes and go as fast as you can out of render range/aggro range.

Chances are the drake that laid it will still be alive and its likely the same egg will spawn. You can then rinse and repeat this process to farm loads of high level eggs. 

Archived