sponsored mods

soron

22 hours ago, GP said:

How would I know? I have no idea.

Well you said quite authoritatively...

On 07/02/2018 at 6:10 PM, GP said:

But those Mods are constantly being updated, more so than ARK itself. The amount of submissions to the QA/Cert process would be insane.

So I guessed you had some insider knowledge about it..

After a 30sec Google search, I know how Bethesda can do it and it won't work for ARK at a guess because of the restrictions that both Microsoft and PlayStation will put on having MOD's available

39 minutes ago, Hobgobblin247 said:

Well you said quite authoritatively...

Is it a stretch for you to believe that GP was speaking with some level of authority about Ark not having console mods, but not speaking with any level of authority on a game that was never part of the conversation, made by an entirely different developer that has no connection with Ark, and that developer's relationship with Sony?

On 2/7/2018 at 12:00 PM, Hobgobblin247 said:

So how does someone like Bethesda do it then? They have mods which are updated independently and not through PlayStation

It was only about 6 years after Skyrim was released that mods were brought to the PS4; and by best guesses (since such business agreements are almost always "behind closed doors") it was a herculean effort for even an established company like Bethesda to get through the console's bureaucracy.

2 minutes ago, Uueerdo said:

It was only about 6 years after Skyrim was released that mods were brought to the PS4; and by best guesses (since such business agreements are almost always "behind closed doors") it was a herculean effort for even an established company like Bethesda to get through the console's bureaucracy.

Yes they were the first.. there always has to be a first.. 

The ARK MOD programs won't work for console.. PlayStation doesn't allow files that aren't in 2 particular file extensions and Microsoft applies a similar thing with external dll's and the likes 

On 2/2/2018 at 8:32 AM, GP said:

S+ is the only mod that is coming. There's no timeframe yet as to when it is coming.

I could have had players enjoying S+ on my cluster, for several months, but Wildcard came along and said it will be implemented officially; balanced of course. So in response, we are stuck waiting. :|

1 hour ago, Sphere said:

I could have had players enjoying S+ on my cluster, for several months, but Wildcard came along and said it will be implemented officially; balanced of course. So in response, we are stuck waiting. :|

you do have it on PC, are you talking about console, because, yeah no way could you ever get it months ago before WC got their hands on it because it was never coming to console before WC made the announcement that it would be coming to console one day when it was ready.

13 hours ago, ehuhoser said:

you do have it on PC, are you talking about console, because, yeah no way could you ever get it months ago before WC got their hands on it because it was never coming to console before WC made the announcement that it would be coming to console one day when it was ready.

Official S+ for PC

Archived