Patch 277 Nerf To Tank Dinos

ForzaProiettile

11 hours ago, Xyphre said:

Ps: Yes Water tames too. The turret nerf has cause a lot of tribes to hole themselves up in caves accessible only by water. if the turret placement is not thought out, then tusos and dunkies were a good choice for turret tanking.

And after they nerf the tuso and the dunky, then the mosa becomes the new "meta" water tank dino....then they nerf it's HP, and maybe the plesi becomes the new tank..then back to the squid...round and round it goes till everything that's not super bred and imprinted is worthless.

They need to implement a tamed dino bullet damage multiplier, or a similar mechanic, and put an end to the merry-go-round of dino nerfs.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

round and round it goes till everything that's not super bred and imprinted is worthless.

They need to implement a tamed dino bullet damage multiplier, or a similar mechanic, and put an end to the merry-go-round of dino nerfs.

they want us to look at all the pretty dinos, not use them

8 hours ago, Zederia said:

that's BS, and the nerfs are FAR too heavy-handed, they don't go a little at  time, they set things to the floor, and barely push them up, this is rediculous

They don't need to go a little at a time until they get your seal of approval. It's not your game. Now, let me tell you a secret: I don't like the official settings either. I disliked them so much I left official. I think the official rates are grindy, slow, restrictive, and artificially low as a means to offset a lack of server moderation. In fact, I don't like the balance settings for a lot of games...yet somehow I refrain from Veruca Salt-ing video game devs if they refuse to build their games they way I want them to. 

7 hours ago, MaximumCat said:

PvP balance should not affect PvE and vice-versa, but in ARK, the devs only seem to care about balancing the game for PvP.

"Wildcard only cares about PvP players!" - PvE Players
"Wildcard only cares about PvE players!" - PvP Players

This is a pointless comment PvP and PvE players throw at each other so they have someone to blame for not getting what they want.

Speaking as an extremely long standing player in the Official PvP server "Group".

These nerfs don't remotely affect the huge advantage attackers have over defenders, and it never will until they address breeding. I've said it before (And been warned to stop), that the developer actions demonstrate complete inexperience and no understanding in the meta-game they are trying to "Solve". 

Problem is, that to address the problem with  defense, and "Tanking dinos" in general, we'd need an almost complete overhaul of the entire dino/breeding mechanic. The original "Tank dinos" were Rexes because of their ease of taming, ability to get high HP and regenerate it via eating corpses. Later via eating cooked meat. It became Herbivores (Namely turtles and brontos) due to how incredibly easy those dinos are to raise. Later Vegi cakes were added.

I'll put it this way. Left to my own devices, solo, I can raise enough "Meat" to soak the amount of bullets the majority of tribes can farm in a similar time frame. We are talking, I can raise hundreds of dinos (Brontos, Paracers or Stegos) off of a farm, a farm of which is self sustaining off a very small amount of effort, using troughs and the only difficult part of it is baby phase. That is the crux of the problem, and until it is solved somehow (I have no clue, I have ideas, but no solutions that are perfect), they will continue nerfing "Tank" dinos in an attempt to somehow even the inherent and oceanic advantage attackers have over defenders in Ark's current iteration. Until maintaining a turret base is as efficient as raising dinos, the dinos will inherently have an advantage. They are attempting to lessen the efficiency of tanking dinos, but inherently, it's like trying to divide something to the point where it equals zero. It's a literal impossibility. 

On 31/01/2018 at 5:44 PM, FrankTheCaesar said:

I know the whole premise is now some whacky sci-fi stuff, I used to be able to write the game off as a virtual reality type of thing (three units making a triangle to utilize electromagnetism AKA navigation across an unknown land) until Abberation came. Then the REAL weird things came lol. 

Griffins were okay, but then came DRAGONS. Okay, I can live with this, we could use an OP animal for endgame, but the Tek was ridiculously futuristic. Totally  ruined the prehistoric aspect and is now definitely sci-fi.

Maybe I was wrong in thinking this was a dinosaur survival/action game, and in PvP the speedmeleeclubbers break the “real” feel of PvP overall. Why shoot someone and properly gear up when you can move at 600mph and club them in the skull?

I'm sure the next nerf will be in the speed of the players. It really is more advantageous to have speed on your avatar than to have your raptor.

4 hours ago, iAmE said:

Speaking as an extremely long standing player in the Official PvP server "Group".

These nerfs don't remotely affect the huge advantage attackers have over defenders, and it never will until they address breeding. I've said it before (And been warned to stop), that the developer actions demonstrate complete inexperience and no understanding in the meta-game they are trying to "Solve". 

Problem is, that to address the problem with  defense, and "Tanking dinos" in general, we'd need an almost complete overhaul of the entire dino/breeding mechanic. The original "Tank dinos" were Rexes because of their ease of taming, ability to get high HP and regenerate it via eating corpses. Later via eating cooked meat. It became Herbivores (Namely turtles and brontos) due to how incredibly easy those dinos are to raise. Later Vegi cakes were added.

I'll put it this way. Left to my own devices, solo, I can raise enough "Meat" to soak the amount of bullets the majority of tribes can farm in a similar time frame. We are talking, I can raise hundreds of dinos (Brontos, Paracers or Stegos) off of a farm, a farm of which is self sustaining off a very small amount of effort, using troughs and the only difficult part of it is baby phase. That is the crux of the problem, and until it is solved somehow (I have no clue, I have ideas, but no solutions that are perfect), they will continue nerfing "Tank" dinos in an attempt to somehow even the inherent and oceanic advantage attackers have over defenders in Ark's current iteration. Until maintaining a turret base is as efficient as raising dinos, the dinos will inherently have an advantage. They are attempting to lessen the efficiency of tanking dinos, but inherently, it's like trying to divide something to the point where it equals zero. It's a literal impossibility. 

I agree with you. The attackers have a huge advantage over the defenders. However, this advantage is even greater when raiding offline. In my humble opinion, there needs to be an ORP system in PVPs. If a defender is online at the time of the attack, he will be better able to defend himself and use his resources wisely. If it is offline, then you should rely only on your turrets' luck or the unexpectedness of your enemies. This is ridiculous!!!

On 2/5/2018 at 5:25 PM, Xyphre said:

I still would love to see a tek diplo saddle with a forcefield on it. Not all tek sasddles need to be laser beams

No. Just no. I was just playing on an unofficial server with S+, and the admin hadn't disabled the S+ Tek Shield on Platforms/Rafts. I've seen what a mobile Tek Shield can do. Nothing quite like watching a Tek Shielded Quetz fly right into a base with craploads of Heavy Turrets, and the Heavy Turrets do absolutely nothing (because they don't even register the Quetz due to the Tek Shield) as the person sits inside the Tek Shield, planting C4 all over the place with impunity. There are seriously 0 ways to counter that if you're offline, it makes defensive Turrets completely useless.

On 2/7/2018 at 7:39 AM, Daedros said:

No. Just no. I was just playing on an unofficial server with S+, and the admin hadn't disabled the S+ Tek Shield on Platforms/Rafts. I've seen what a mobile Tek Shield can do. Nothing quite like watching a Tek Shielded Quetz fly right into a base with craploads of Heavy Turrets, and the Heavy Turrets do absolutely nothing (because they don't even register the Quetz due to the Tek Shield) as the person sits inside the Tek Shield, planting C4 all over the place with impunity. There are seriously 0 ways to counter that if you're offline, it makes defensive Turrets completely useless.

Or stack like 10 tek shielded dinos on top of each other for an invincible ball of shield

What they need to fix is mutation stacking to the ridiculous point really. If you know what your doing you can make monsters and really it won't be long before people are hatching max level dinos if they aren't already somewhere. Just wait till you run into a level 449 rex or giga after its leveled. It will be here eventually, it's inevitable with the way mutations work if you know what your doing

Archived