Patch 277 Achatina taming concern.

DarthaNyan

- Increased the amount of food Achatina receives from cake to 500.

Does that mean that taming Achatinas will take almost 3 times longer as well (you will have to wait for them to drop 500 food per cake instead of 180)?

If thats the case then very low level Achatinas (lvl5 with 0-1 levels in food) might become untamable because they dont have 500 food required for cake (base 450 with 45 per wild level).

2 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

Does that mean that taming Achatinas will take almost 3 times longer as well (you will have to wait for them to drop 500 food per cake instead of 180)?

If thats the case then very low level Achatinas (lvl5 with 0-1 levels in food) might become untamable because they dont have 500 food required for cake (base 450 with 45 per wild level).

I think it's just post-tame.

I believe(I may be wrong) that the values for food are different for taming and post-tame.

So this is a buff to Achatina as they'll require less sweet veggie cake to maintain them.

2 hours ago, FaneBlackwing said:

I think it's just post-tame.

I believe(I may be wrong) that the values for food are different for taming and post-tame.

So this is a buff to Achatina as they'll require less sweet veggie cake to maintain them.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Then there is such a thing called Murphy's law.

44 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

The taming process seems to ignore all food values and instead provides a static food increase. Stone for example has a value of 50 and Mantis Kibble has a value of 20. When a rock golem eats either during the taming process, their food still goes up the same amount. This holds true for pretty much every animal during the taming process, indicating that food value during taming has little relation to the value received once tamed. That in mind, it seems highly unlikely that increasing the food points the achatina receives from a cake will affect taming at all.

Except it's already evident that different foods give different food value during tame, and maintain these values post tame. Look at any Herbivore in regards to Mejos, Advanced crops, and other berries. They all tame at the same speed, but require different amounts, as they provide different levels of both taming progress and food. These values continue post tame with the advanced crops giving more food than Mejos than others. So unless I'm just completely crazy and this isn't true (always possible lol) this seems like a valid concern to me.

1 hour ago, Archone said:

Except it's already evident that different foods give different food value during tame, and maintain these values post tame. Look at any Herbivore in regards to Mejos, Advanced crops, and other berries. They all tame at the same speed, but require different amounts, as they provide different levels of both taming progress and food. These values continue post tame with the advanced crops giving more food than Mejos than others. So unless I'm just completely crazy and this isn't true (always possible lol) this seems like a valid concern to me.

You got me curious because it had been a while since I payed attention to these mechanics, so I decided to look into it again. The numbers came out similar, but I also realized that my first explanation didn't have anything to do with the issue and was basically irrelevant...and testing stuff only gave me more questions. Even the numbers I have don't really matter because I don't have a way to test it on official anymore. (Bases are long wiped)

I found that on my server an unconscious achatina auto eats at 220 food below max and goes back to 220 getting 220 food per cake, but when force fed they get 180 food per cake. The question I have now is, is the auto-eat threshold for achatinas on official 220 and do they get 220 back? If so, that means the auto-eat value isn't tied to the actual food value. If the auto-eat value stayed the same, the only thing that would change is that the food gained would be 500 instead of 180. This would mean the achanita wouldn't die during taming, it just couldn't be starve tamed.

Hell...that or the food value increase to 500 only applies to tamed achatinas and not wild. Which now that I think about it is a whole lot simpler of an explanation and actually kind of makes sense. If that's the case I just wasted a lot of time.

Archived