Reaper Queen: Asking for Advice

Vaculity

In a couple of weeks, I might try my hand on the Reaper Queen Gestation. I have seen others doing it before, but I have been wondering of a few things from experienced peeps like you guys.

• What is your shotgun and shield grade type, like is it Ascendant? And how much DMG/DEF do you usually use it with?
    • What other weapons do you use? And I know about traps, what do you think makes a decent trap?
  • How many Hazard Suit set should I bring?
  • If you use Rock Drake, what stat did you give and what level of egg recommended?
    • If you don't use Rock Drake, what kind of dino did you use aside from Reaper King and its stat?
  • How many Phermone should I try to get per baby to juvy on x1, and x2 Maturation rate? ( I am aware there is usually only one 2x breeding/maturation, but this is just for the sake of clarification)
    • On that note, I know of a few tricks and tips on maintaining the baby for Reaper King, but what tactics did you use to raise one? Like isolation house, cage, or karkinos? I am curious.

49 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

In a couple of weeks, I might try my hand on the Reaper Queen Gestation. I have seen others doing it before, but I have been wondering of a few things from experienced peeps like you guys.

• What is your shotgun and shield grade type, like is it Ascendant? And how much DMG/DEF do you usually use it with?
    • What other weapons do you use? And I know about traps, what do you think makes a decent trap?
  • How many Hazard Suit set should I bring?
  • If you use Rock Drake, what stat did you give and what level of egg recommended?
    • If you don't use Rock Drake, what kind of dino did you use aside from Reaper King and its stat?
  • How many Phermone should I try to get per baby to juvy on x1, and x2 Maturation rate? ( I am aware there is usually only one 2x breeding/maturation, but this is just for the sake of clarification)
    • On that note, I know of a few tricks and tips on maintaining the baby for Reaper King, but what tactics did you use to raise one? Like isolation house, cage, or karkinos? I am curious.

I didn't bring shotgun, just had a shield for when she was low. Used magnifying glass on the back of my rock drake to check when I started seeing blood. Apprentice metal shield with ~3k durability I think? Not much. Also no trap, I just tanked hits. I built a trap similar to Nooblets for others. His video is pretty good, a bit expensive but probably worth it for the reliability. 

I brought 3 sets but only needed to swap it once after the birth the be safe. 

My drake had 15k health and 410% damage I think. 100% imprint with an apprentice saddle. Don't recall the armor rating on saddle. There was a plant z hear so I could use that, but really didn't take too much damage to start panicking or anything. 

That's a mixed response for pheromones... I'd have like 30 if you want to constantly check it. If you use the trick to get it to eat you with full inventory of meat, you could use way less I believe. I only used a few, don't remember exactly sorry. 

That's all I got. 

All you need is a decent meele drake like  I am using with 9k hp 1.7k stam and 580ish meele.  You dont need a shield since queens grab you off your mounts aswell. When its badly hurt , turn off your light pet and check if you see the pink buff on it and then just  stay close to her. She may not grab you so quickly , but trust me she does soon enough.  Dont forget to clean the area , espically from purlovias , they can be troublesome.  Always bring healing brews with you since you will be left with a broken leg and low hp after gestation.  Keep in mind to heal yourself if you hurt badly at the plant z s around, there are lots of them around queen spawns. You dont really need any traps , actually stay away from traps because queens tail may get bugged and it wont be able to grab you. I use traps around only to make them stuck so I can heal my drake safely. Thats what I do to get my reapers. It works for me and my alliance. 

Worst part is finding a high lvl reaper queen tho. >_> They spawn like instantly after you kill one , so you can pretty much farm the same spawn for possible high lvls. 

I hope it helps you. Happy time getting pregnant ! :D

As mentioned above, they can grab you off your mount so shield is not necessary.

Theres a debate on my server about if she grabs you off only when you dismount and remount or she initiates the attack without you ever leaving the saddle- however i dont find it too challenging to dismount then insta remount (I prefer doing this right after her tail spin, as it has a slow cooldown and allows me to get back on before she bites me). As long as you are seen dismounted at any point, she will attempt to grab you off the drake. But its probably possible she ends up doing it anyway without you leaving the saddle.

In anycase- Good drake, charge pet, nearby plant z... Its also good to have a spotter in case nameless show up, you dont want them killing you after impregnation. Swap your armor right after as it does damage it quite a bit (about 1/3 dura for a primitive).

For the baby reaper, remember to keep it in render at all times for the 8h baby phase. If you dont, theres a chance it can glitch out of its enclosure like any dino on wander.

We used Drakes and a simple 1 square, 4 stone dino gateway trap with shotguns to finish it off.

Easily trapped - go down and get aggro, glide away and watch where she buries - cloak, walk over, place gates snapping a simple 4 together in a square.. de-cloak and might also have to dismount to get her back out. 

Once confirmed trapped turn on lights and bite away, when blooded lights off to check red glow.. no red glow lights back on so she dont regen too quick and check hp with magnify glass - bring her down to the desired hp either biting or shotguns carefully, checking for red glow after a couple more hits each time.

When finally glowing, shield, dismount and approach.  I obviously stink as she picked me up and pretended to want to get me preggers but then dropped and chose somebody else in the group lol.

1 hour ago, MirageUK said:

We used Drakes and a simple 1 square, 4 stone dino gateway trap with shotguns to finish it off.

Easily trapped - go down and get aggro, glide away and watch where she buries - cloak, walk over, place gates snapping a simple 4 together in a square.. de-cloak and might also have to dismount to get her back out. 

Once confirmed trapped turn on lights and bite away, when blooded lights off to check red glow.. no red glow lights back on so she dont regen too quick and check hp with magnify glass - bring her down to the desired hp either biting or shotguns carefully, checking for red glow after a couple more hits each time.

When finally glowing, shield, dismount and approach.  I obviously stink as she picked me up and pretended to want to get me preggers but then dropped and chose somebody else in the group lol.

this is why we quit using traps, tail interacting with object and failed hit. plus sometimes she will fail hit and go ahead a dig as if she got you. WE also use no shield. As for the debate about grabbing u if you dont dismount. i can confirm we for sure have been grabbed without the dismount remount trick but it definitely helps prompt it to occur quicker.

This is how I solo raised a reaper.

I took a drake (I don't know about the stats but make sure it has lots of health and damage), 3 sets of radiation armor (I didn't even need the 2 extra tho), and definitely around 10 medical brews. Go to the spine and find a reaper. Fight it until you think it's almost dead, turn off your light and look for that red glow. If you don't see it, turn the light on and off and hit the reaper a few more times. The first few attacks will do full damage(I was doing over 400) and then drop down (I was doing around 30 with the light off). Do that to slowly lower the reapers health until you see the red glow. Then take a pickaxe or a pike and hit the queen without getting off the saddle. Once you do stand still and don't bite the reaper with the drake. When the reaper sniffs the ground and hits you with its tail then it will play the impregnation animation. Chug your brews and get back on your drake asap. I would leave the red area completely so you won't risk the baby taking rad damage. I had 3x exp gain on my singleplayer world so It took me like 10 mins to get it fully leveled up (+75 levels). Then I went back to my 2x2 box and waited to give birth. The baby reapers are surprisingly fast and kinda creepy that way. I was watching slipg8tr raise his reaper and he never needed any pheromones and neither did i, i was able to feed it without using any. About 30 mins later (my rates are a little jacked up) i had my own level 125 reaper king. Hope this helps!

Funny story: the first time I tried this I spent about 2 hours trying to get impregnated. I was super annoyed so I had God mode on my drake so it didn't die while I was trying in vain to get impregnated. I had done everything and the reaper did the impregnation attack multiple times but it just wouldn't grab me.  I finally killed the reaper accidentally since i was so braindead after trying so long. It was about 12 at night and i was so done with ark's bs that i finally got off. 15 mins later i realized... I was god moded too! Thats why i wasnt getting impregnated! I was soo salty...

Had mixed results. 

Tight traps seem to work but only some of the time - other times she fails to grab or impregnate you - 2 of ours were tight 4 gate traps and it was hit and miss.

The other 2 we go this weekend the traps were a little more forgiving - more blocking the path above/below her so she was stuck in the space we wanted when it came to low health when she wanted to run.  Both times this worked 100%.  Trap the path, tank the queen with lights on until v.bloody - magnify check and if < 2k hp lights off to check for glow.  When glowing dismount drake and stand with shield protecting - tail swipe, grab, impregnated.

Once preggers heal up and kill any other nearby Queens - try ensure your drake gets the killer last hit but others can help bring it down to low hp first.  +75 levels - one reaper queen!! Head home and prepare for the birth.

We had issues on the last patch where the queens didn't seem to be dropping Pheremone - luckily had some from the patch before stored - seems to be working again now in patch (276.493).

2 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Had mixed results. 

Tight traps seem to work but only some of the time - other times she fails to grab or impregnate you - 2 of ours were tight 4 gate traps and it was hit and miss.

The other 2 we go this weekend the traps were a little more forgiving - more blocking the path above/below her so she was stuck in the space we wanted when it came to low health when she wanted to run.  Both times this worked 100%.  Trap the path, tank the queen with lights on until v.bloody - magnify check and if < 2k hp lights off to check for glow.  When glowing dismount drake and stand with shield protecting - tail swipe, grab, impregnated.

Once preggers heal up and kill any other nearby Queens - try ensure your drake gets the killer last hit but others can help bring it down to low hp first.  +75 levels - one reaper queen!! Head home and prepare for the birth.

We had issues on the last patch where the queens didn't seem to be dropping Pheremone - luckily had some from the patch before stored - seems to be working again now in patch (276.493).

Take a good shotgun and u can use the method without the trap anywhere that is clear and the shotgun is instead of your drake getting last hit shoot it from ur drake with shotgun and get more xp(75+ is not gonna happen with one only on official unless they changed reaper xp again)

No offense but I wouldn't recommend traps ever. Yeah you can build a trap in elemental fall, hall of reaper queen and the spine but the time to lure 1 into trap is not worth it if you wanna search for better queen.

The fastest will be multiple tribe members on drakes with all points into melee(~800%, and 7k+hp), having asc saddle equipped. Methods are all reliable in other players' posts.

The safest however, is to ride reaper king so that you dont have to deal with purlovias. However, its still possible for unfortunate players that they hop out right after you get impregnated besides you lol... it will be sad. Also if you got tail swiped into water, your shoulder pet is least likely to die.

I used to bring reaper with all points into melee but now I bring one with 40k hp because once I jumped into elemental waterfall and jellyfish stun locked me and I wasn't able to send help fast enough.

For the first reaper, use spino, best overall dps and immune to purlovias ( gotta love them). 

Hmm, I feel my successful impregnation always involves hop off mount to draw aggro to the survivor instead of the mount. The pickaxe on drake is a brilliant idea but I insist on using reaper for the mission. 

Also, reaper queen will despawn if it has low health and you lost sight of it. It was an expensive lesson for me.

As far as tips for raising, its super easy. Apply pheramon while chest burst and each time you check inventory, having 20 in stock isnt a bad idea, but you can do it within 10. ( I always feel unsafe and check meat regularly) Each time you feed him he can hold double the meat amount. Meat requirement each is a bit more than argentavis, so its not that bad.

Also there is a trick for feeding babies, your own dino will collect everything you have in inventory if it kills you, so if you fill yourself up with cooked meat...

The pen,

I stack pens with 2x2x4 glass inside and 4x4x4 metal outside with 2 dino gates for exit.

The cheapest is 2x2x2 stone, but before the rencent patch people experience baby glitching out, not sure if wc really fixed the problem.

If it get stuck during juv stage (because it grows bigger and got into walls), grab it with karkinos

I don't believe in the using tools on drake , i did a few tests but the reaper still targeting my drake .

However , dismount a few sec and then hop back on your mount still trigger the impregnate process , so the best way it to lure it to a U shaped trap , bite it till it ready to impregnate , make it target your survivor and lure it out , let drake tank a bit till it start the process , hop off your drake and done .

8 minutes ago, TR-8R said:

I don't believe in the using tools on drake , i did a few tests but the reaper still targeting my drake .

However , dismount a few sec and then hop back on your mount still trigger the impregnate process , so the best way it to lure it to a U shaped trap , bite it till it ready to impregnate , make it target your survivor and lure it out , let drake tank a bit till it start the process , hop off your drake and done .

Trap is unnecessary, if you time it right you can dismount and remount between attacks. Just do so after a tail swipe or roar which have the longest cooldown and remount immediately (doesnt even need to be a few second)

On 11/02/2018 at 1:06 PM, JZhong said:

If it get stuck during juv stage (because it grows bigger and got into walls), grab it with karkinos

BTW you don't need pheremone to feed it, same crab grab works on babies to hold in place.. you just have to leave its aggro range for it to actually eat the meat you put in its inventory.

4 hours ago, TR-8R said:

It works, just tried on 2 reaper queen. Draws aggro so quick, but its tricky to land attacks with the short range of melee weapon on drake.

5 hours ago, Troy24 said:

Honestly for me and I’ve done it twice out of 2 attempts and got impregnated. I don’t even get off my drake just pike her a few times here and there and she gets me while on the back of the drake. The mount dismount is too dangerous.

Depends on your hp.

I roll with 500, literally crashed and rolled back 30 mins to a fight with a reaper, logged into what appeared to be the queen biting me multiple times, remounted and proceeded to kill it as normal.

Archived