Jump to content
Rahthos

TLC Phase 3 Suggestions

Recommended Posts

On 30/1/2018 at 4:33 PM, Rahthos said:

Edit: I realize some of the dinos I listed are being changed in the second TLC update, so here's an updated list based on what I believe would make a solid third TLC.

1. Carnotaurus
2. Quetzalcoatlus
3. Plesiosaurus
4. Mosasaurus
5. Megalodon
6. Pachycephalosaurus

Aside from that, in terms of solely appearance, the Pteranodon, Gigantosaurus, Dilophosaur and Stegosaurus could also use a bit of love.

I would also like to suggest possibly adding some more color IDs into the game's mutation system for more variety, like more purple and orange colors.

Thanks for reading!

YES!!! I agree and this has got to be a thing for TLC 3... as soon as the Quality of Life is improved.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pelagornis, make it be the best for not having stamina loss or just good changes like the Argie is getting.

Allos

Bigger distinctions between the dinos that apply Torpor please, between how much torpor versus damage each gives.

Pachy

Moschops, fix them so they actually harvest fish meat and harvest sap on non SE maps.

Maybe the Bronto and Paracer can be revamped?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a bunch of Dinos and creatures I'd love to see in the the third TLC patch.

The top three would probably the Brontosaurus, the Diplodocus and the Ankylosaurus.

The Bronto seems to be a real big cause of game crashes, mostly due to how much they're able to collect, mostly depending on how high the gather rate is on servers, but even so, it's still a bit of an issue. I also always felt the Bronto was MUCH too large. Brontosaurus, or Apatosaurus, was a big Dinosaur, no ifs, ands or buts about it, but in ARK, they look like they could make eye contact with the MUCH larger Brachiosaurus. I'd like to see the Bronto changed visually with a small collection nerf, and maybe a new ability,  like a bellow or call to find lost tamed animals.

The Diplodocus I feel is okay, visually, but it's biggest issue is that on single-player mode... it's virtually USELESS. They annoy players who get to close to them by knocking them back, and if you tame one, all it's really good for is making kibble from its eggs. It'd be nice if it had an attack. It's tail would be really good for defending itself and maybe gathering. A lot of people believe that tail was used like a WHIP.

As for the Ankylosaur... I'm not sure what new ability it could have, but I would LOVE to see it with a better looking model. I always felt the Ankylosaur was way too short and stumpy. I sometimes worried that if I knocked one out or tried to ride one, it'd fall beneath the world. I'm sure a lot of other people have noticed this too. So, Wildcard, whatever your plans for TLC 3 are, try to have a spot for a better Ankylo, please.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 QUETZAL, it's too slow, Karkinos is better in mobility, quetz needs a fly-boost ability, like double speed mode that consumes double stamina or food.

 

Any medium sized dino that can be added  a small platform saddle for making a small 2x2x2 taming pen, for transporting small to medium wild dinoes on pve server. The dino has to have a good mobility and can reach the ground with one ramp from its back. Sarco is probably fitting for this since it's short.

Edited by DonaldDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... I mean really...  REALLY!!!  these three animals pachy, scorpion,  from still don't have a tlc.  First off I love these animal for there ko ability amazing to have for taming and pvp but they are long over due for some work.  I know this needs to happen with out a doubt in my mind. I mean really why aren't the patchys bigger and why do their charge attacks still suck butt.  The scorpion why can't it grab with its claws.  And the frog should be able to grab things with its tongue.  Please....   Make a tlc for them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they need to do something with the titanomyma, the ants. they always spawn in groups of 5 with 2 fliers 3 ground and they don't have much of a reason. They could use a home and a queen like the bee's that they spawn from. Right now they just kinda exist to be a nuisance every so often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liopleurodon(It doesnt need just TLC, it needs completely re-design and re-balance in matter of it's size,special abilities,rarity and being permament,breedable tameable rideable,saddle etc.)

 

Mosasaurus- just a visual update,looks derpy but every other thing with him is ok.

 

Plesiosaurus- Change it's head! its terrible.

 

Carnotaurus-Carno design looks old too much. It's flat as it can be,and has a really badly made mutation regions, especially this weird dark-green stain on it's back, no matter what mutation you get, there's always this ugly stain.

I'd suggest to add him a little camouflage mechanics, when ridden you can press C and make both you and your Camotaurus (oh wait misspell) semi invisible (about 60% transparent). Effect disappears when your carno moves.

 

Ankylosaurus-Needs to be bigger and look more like medium sized tank than an Ankylo the giant hedgehog.

 

Pachycephalosaurus- Should be bigger, a little smaller than a parasaur, and of course stat buff.

 

Dilophosaurus- as mentioned above, dilo should be bigger too. I know it's refference to Jurassic park and i appreciate that,but even dilos shown in JP weren't actually an adult ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget Brontos. As the only Apex-Class Herbivore tame apart from Therizino, I expect a lot more from them. Titanos and Gigas are both Capital-Class so they don't count in my book.

Also I honestly wouldn't mind having a second TLC pass on the Spino, give it REAL swimming animations please, and a decent looking bipedal anim set...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Carno - Needs the hatchet bite to do either bleeding or do more damage like bear maul. They also need a visual update , they have some ugly colour tonation thats green and never goes off no matter what colour it is. And their stomping sounds can be reworked , when one walks around , it feels like a giant walking lol.

 

Griffin - Yes , Griffin , its nerfed to death already and with rock drakes being added they become pretty useless. Either add a saddle for them or make them breedeble, I dont know why we cant breed them really, they are not that strong anymore. 

 

Anky - Bone crushing ability : The right click breaks the bones of the foes and slow them for 8 secs. 

            Spike Shield back : When attacked on is back pshyically like biting its spiky back , it does thorns damage and do some damage to the attacker.

            Weak point : If you hit ankies legs or neck , it takes more damage. Like flyers taking more damage from projectiles.

            I like the way anky looks but Its size can be bigger and its walking/ running animation can be reworked aswell.

 

Quetzal - Glide / Dive ability :  An icon under stamina icon is put and when its filled after flying a certain of time, Quetzal can use its glide ability to  fly faster like the griffin , if you hold the shift and direct your mouse down , it dives and flies faster , BUT consumes 3x more stamina than usual. If you fly straight with the ability , it glides and loses less stamina but fly slower. With these abilities , you can keep the balance between the abilities and quetzal can be viable again. Right now its pretty much turned in to a dino transport for most of us , Karkinos got its place on metal farming / weight lifting etc.. 

 

Bronto - Mega Stomp : Bronto gains a new ability called Stomp, when it stomps  with its forelegs , it does an aoe damage and stuns the targets thats close to it, It gets a global cooldown after it uses it. 

 

Sabertooth - I dont get why saber is being rejected really. It should be stronger and It needs abilities than a visual update more imo.

 Pounce / Prowl : Holding the right click makes saber to change its stance to prowling stance , it prowls to its prey and pressing space makes it pounce on to the target and   it does more damage to the prey.

Edited by Ryuenji

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2018 at 11:33 AM, Rahthos said:

Edit: I realize some of the dinos I listed are being changed in the second TLC update, so here's an updated list based on what I believe would make a solid third TLC.

1. Carnotaurus
2. Quetzalcoatlus
3. Plesiosaurus
4. Mosasaurus
5. Megalodon
6. Pachycephalosaurus

Aside from that, in terms of solely appearance, the Pteranodon, Gigantosaurus, Dilophosaur and Stegosaurus could also use a bit of love.

I would also like to suggest possibly adding some more color IDs into the game's mutation system for more variety, like more purple and orange colors.

Thanks for reading!

I can completely agree with this list. While the list I made did differ, I'd honestly be perfectly happy with this. The Carno's need a buff due to them being obsolete compared to creatures such as the Baryonyx. The Quetzal just needs some form of buff. Plesiosaurus' can use a buff (especially since they are not good for fighting in my opinion), the Mosasaurus I'd like to see get some minor changes, the Megalodon in my opinion is almost useless since anything it can do, another creature can do better (Spinos and Baryonyx are better at fighting underwater and can go on land, and for collecting black pearls, its easier to just lure the Eurypterids to shore and kill them with a Therizino), and for the Pachy, while I don't think they're useless, they are far less useful than other early game herbivores. Sorry, I just felt the need to voice my agreement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I'm likely a crazy one for wanting to care for my tames even though they don't really exist. xD

But is it possible to change this to collars for non-rideable tames, and add a slot to Saddles for rideable tames?

To be honest this thing looks like it should kill them.

20180324151744_1.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buff tamed gigas and nerf wild gigas. Tamed gigas should have 25K-30K HP, variable on what level of giga you tame rather than just giving all wildtamed and wild gigas the same HP no matter what. Give tamed gigas the Gnash ability as a secondary attack to make them more on-par with eachother. Remodel the giga as well and GIVE IT A GOOD ROAR.

Give Mosasaurs a cosmetic redo and make them immune to jellyfish. Mosas should also have more HP and melee.

Remodel the quetz and give it new SFX. Perhaps give the quetz a short-duration "Glide" mechanic that can be activated by holding space in air. The glide lasts 7 seconds and has a cooldown of 14 seconds. It will move faster when gliding.

Remodel the ptera and give it new SFX. make it faster.That's about it.

The Onyc. Oooooh boy. Make the onyc prefer a kibble, remodel it, give it new SFX, and let it land by hanging from surfaces. Give the onyc it's own disease (Normal Rabies, because Reptiles CANNOT CARRY RABIES) rather than copy-pasting the mega's disease.

The Araneo needs a remodel and the ability to climb walls. Weight and melee should be increased as well as stam.

Give creatures that can carry stuf (Mega, Kapro, and Tuso) back their ability to capture wild creatures on PVE. This does not apply to birds.

All creatures need better idle animations.

Make the plesiosaur look better and give it the ability to reduce weight of resourcess. This would make it a valuable farming asset.

 FOR GOD'S SAKE WILDCARD, MAKE THE LIOPLEURODON USEFUL!!! The state it's in provides no actual use to ANYBODY.

Buff carnos, remodel, and resound them.

Remodel stegos and make them faster and give reduced weight on materials.

Pachy needs a remodel, it needs to be 2X as big, and it needs better stats.

Make megalodon larger, inflate stats, and remodel it. I want this thing to be Plesio-Mosa tier.

Mammoth and Rhino need reskins and resounds. Give the rhino something unique about it so people have an incentive to tame it or buff the damage of the charge (seriously, my tribe tamed the first rhino on the server 7 months after they were added, and it remained the only one for another 4 months) . Make mammoths faster and mre powerful, it should  be an apex herbivore. Not quite bronto tier, but close.

The bronto desperately needs new animations, a remodel, a resound, and changes to it's stats. There is literally NO REASON to tame this thing unless you want a platform tank, and even then the paraceratherium can do that almost as good and can be more versatile in all situations than the bronto. It needs better stats, it needs to move faster, and it needs a herd buff.

Dunkleosteus need better resistance, melee, and speed. it also needs a remodel.

Buff Kapros and give them a remodel.

Give titanomyrma an actual purpose.

Give updates on Primal Survival.

The Mesopithecus could use updates on the model, similar to the Gigantopithecus.

The ichthy should be larger with a more detailed model. It's stats should be slightly improved.

 

That's all for now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi to all, I think that in addition to an intervention of graphics, movement etc ..., I would try to address the issue of adaptation to the size of the dinosaurs. Even if they are not etymologically existent dinosaurs, I would still do something similar to the truth. It is not possible to have huge giganotosauro compared to tyrannosaurus and spinosaur. the triceratops that in comparison looks like a mouse, is exaggerated. We reduce everything and make it proportional. on the other hand is not a survival simulator? and then let's make it as truthful as possible, no? regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree the Plesi is in the worst shape visually... and being the idea was its head was to sneak up on schools of fish... Why not give it some kind of sneaky ability? Just a suggestion.

I also think the Lio should be a permanent tame. It was a very big missed opportunity for a mid Meg - Plesi mount that could really have some speed and power behind it.

Also Id like to add that the Sarco's Death-Roll and Spino's swimming animation could still really use some work... the Death-Roll should at least be able to be continuous in water and the Sarco's size would be spinning anything smaller than a Parasaur in my humble opinion. Appreciate the effort but it is very under whelming for something so many people were requesting but honestly the rest of the Sarco is A1 perfect.

I pray they continue the TLCs in general and get them squared away between these bugs fixes and the (hopefully not really) last DLC, even if it's delayed. Fingers-crossed for at least 4-5 TLCs in total.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, THESHREKONING said:

Buff tamed gigas and nerf wild gigas. Tamed gigas should have 25K-30K HP, variable on what level of giga you tame rather than just giving all wildtamed and wild gigas the same HP no matter what. Give tamed gigas the Gnash ability as a secondary attack to make them more on-par with eachother. Remodel the giga as well and GIVE IT A GOOD ROAR.

Give Mosasaurs a cosmetic redo and make them immune to jellyfish. Mosas should also have more HP and melee.

Remodel the quetz and give it new SFX. Perhaps give the quetz a short-duration "Glide" mechanic that can be activated by holding space in air. The glide lasts 7 seconds and has a cooldown of 14 seconds. It will move faster when gliding.

Remodel the ptera and give it new SFX. make it faster.That's about it.

The Onyc. Oooooh boy. Make the onyc prefer a kibble, remodel it, give it new SFX, and let it land by hanging from surfaces. Give the onyc it's own disease (Normal Rabies, because Reptiles CANNOT CARRY RABIES) rather than copy-pasting the mega's disease.

The Araneo needs a remodel and the ability to climb walls. Weight and melee should be increased as well as stam.

Give creatures that can carry stuf (Mega, Kapro, and Tuso) back their ability to capture wild creatures on PVE. This does not apply to birds.

All creatures need better idle animations.

Make the plesiosaur look better and give it the ability to reduce weight of resourcess. This would make it a valuable farming asset.

 FOR GOD'S SAKE WILDCARD, MAKE THE LIOPLEURODON USEFUL!!! The state it's in provides no actual use to ANYBODY.

Buff carnos, remodel, and resound them.

Remodel stegos and make them faster and give reduced weight on materials.

Pachy needs a remodel, it needs to be 2X as big, and it needs better stats.

Make megalodon larger, inflate stats, and remodel it. I want this thing to be Plesio-Mosa tier.

Mammoth and Rhino need reskins and resounds. Give the rhino something unique about it so people have an incentive to tame it or buff the damage of the charge (seriously, my tribe tamed the first rhino on the server 7 months after they were added, and it remained the only one for another 4 months) . Make mammoths faster and mre powerful, it should  be an apex herbivore. Not quite bronto tier, but close.

The bronto desperately needs new animations, a remodel, a resound, and changes to it's stats. There is literally NO REASON to tame this thing unless you want a platform tank, and even then the paraceratherium can do that almost as good and can be more versatile in all situations than the bronto. It needs better stats, it needs to move faster, and it needs a herd buff.

Dunkleosteus need better resistance, melee, and speed. it also needs a remodel.

Buff Kapros and give them a remodel.

Give titanomyrma an actual purpose.

Give updates on Primal Survival.

The Mesopithecus could use updates on the model, similar to the Gigantopithecus.

The ichthy should be larger with a more detailed model. It's stats should be slightly improved.

 

That's all for now.

 

I can easily agree with your suggestions. You have a lot so I won't go through and state why all these buffs would be good, so I'll just make statements on the ones I would personally want the most.

First is the Gigas. I recently tamed a level 145 (now 238) and the thing is all around worse than a Rex ten levels lower. The only advantage of the Giga is its health, but even that doesn't matter because my Spino which is twenty levels lower has nearly the same amount of health.

The Quetzal SFX are honestly annoying. I prefer the old sounds, and they do need a buff. I only have Quetzals for two purposes, to carry Ankylos and for Queztal eggs. Other than that my Argentavises can do everything that I could possibly need a Quetzal for better.

The Lioplurodon is useless. I tamed one and was completely disappointed. The "luck" bonus is useless and the thing is an awful fighter. In my opinion, remove the "luck" ability and make the Lioplurodon a permanent tame with some other use or advantage over other ocean predators.

I love the Carno, it really is one of my favorite dinos, realistically. In game it's essentially useless because the Baryonyx is far superior, essentially being a faster, smaller, higher damage, and aquatic Carno. I gave the idea that Carnos should have a high damaging ram ability and that tamed Carnos could be set on wander to "fight" each other and while doing so, boost stamina and/or damage without leveling it up.

The Megalodon is currently useless, since the Spino and Baryonyx can do exactly what the Megalodon can do, accept they can do it better. My only concern with your idea is that it'd remove that "common ocean predator" from the game, making ocean travel a bit to easy, but as an idea to fix this, buff the Megalodon to a top tier predator and use the current Megalodon stats and design, shrink them, and make them White Sharks, or maybe make an entirely new creature just using its stats to replace the current Megalodon. As another idea that came to mind, maybe have the Lioplurodon take the Megalodons role. Just carry over the stats of the Megalodon to the Lioplurodon and give it higher base speed.

Brontos suck. No matter what they are not useful. I'll keep it at that.

As a final note, I think the Gallimimus should get a "herd" buff where if you have at least three Gallimimus together, it increases the stamina by a decent percentage of each.

 

Essentially this entire comment was me saying I agree with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/03/2018 at 1:54 AM, Ian1the1Survivalist said:

There's a bunch of Dinos and creatures I'd love to see in the the third TLC patch.

The top three would probably the Brontosaurus, the Diplodocus and the Ankylosaurus.

The Bronto seems to be a real big cause of game crashes, mostly due to how much they're able to collect, mostly depending on how high the gather rate is on servers, but even so, it's still a bit of an issue. I also always felt the Bronto was MUCH too large. Brontosaurus, or Apatosaurus, was a big Dinosaur, no ifs, ands or buts about it, but in ARK, they look like they could make eye contact with the MUCH larger Brachiosaurus. I'd like to see the Bronto changed visually with a small collection nerf, and maybe a new ability,  like a bellow or call to find lost tamed animals.

The Diplodocus I feel is okay, visually, but it's biggest issue is that on single-player mode... it's virtually USELESS. They annoy players who get to close to them by knocking them back, and if you tame one, all it's really good for is making kibble from its eggs. It'd be nice if it had an attack. It's tail would be really good for defending itself and maybe gathering. A lot of people believe that tail was used like a WHIP.

As for the Ankylosaur... I'm not sure what new ability it could have, but I would LOVE to see it with a better looking model. I always felt the Ankylosaur was way too short and stumpy. I sometimes worried that if I knocked one out or tried to ride one, it'd fall beneath the world. I'm sure a lot of other people have noticed this too. So, Wildcard, whatever your plans for TLC 3 are, try to have a spot for a better Ankylo, please.

A good way to make diplo (and other creatures...) useful would be to give him a saddle where you can put other (smaller) creatures on. For example gigantopithecus could sit nearly like a human and other small creatures could get a place on it. Right now moving many small creatures is hard if you don't put them all on a platform saddle. Why not the ability to make small creatures mount bigger ones ? Seems legit to the bus role... 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marksman338 said:

I can easily agree with your suggestions. You have a lot so I won't go through and state why all these buffs would be good, so I'll just make statements on the ones I would personally want the most.

First is the Gigas. I recently tamed a level 145 (now 238) and the thing is all around worse than a Rex ten levels lower. The only advantage of the Giga is its health, but even that doesn't matter because my Spino which is twenty levels lower has nearly the same amount of health.

The Quetzal SFX are honestly annoying. I prefer the old sounds, and they do need a buff. I only have Quetzals for two purposes, to carry Ankylos and for Queztal eggs. Other than that my Argentavises can do everything that I could possibly need a Quetzal for better.

The Lioplurodon is useless. I tamed one and was completely disappointed. The "luck" bonus is useless and the thing is an awful fighter. In my opinion, remove the "luck" ability and make the Lioplurodon a permanent tame with some other use or advantage over other ocean predators.

I love the Carno, it really is one of my favorite dinos, realistically. In game it's essentially useless because the Baryonyx is far superior, essentially being a faster, smaller, higher damage, and aquatic Carno. I gave the idea that Carnos should have a high damaging ram ability and that tamed Carnos could be set on wander to "fight" each other and while doing so, boost stamina and/or damage without leveling it up.

The Megalodon is currently useless, since the Spino and Baryonyx can do exactly what the Megalodon can do, accept they can do it better. My only concern with your idea is that it'd remove that "common ocean predator" from the game, making ocean travel a bit to easy, but as an idea to fix this, buff the Megalodon to a top tier predator and use the current Megalodon stats and design, shrink them, and make them White Sharks, or maybe make an entirely new creature just using its stats to replace the current Megalodon. As another idea that came to mind, maybe have the Lioplurodon take the Megalodons role. Just carry over the stats of the Megalodon to the Lioplurodon and give it higher base speed.

Brontos suck. No matter what they are not useful. I'll keep it at that.

As a final note, I think the Gallimimus should get a "herd" buff where if you have at least three Gallimimus together, it increases the stamina by a decent percentage of each.

 

Essentially this entire comment was me saying I agree with you.

For the rhino, why not giving it a chance of openning gates (if locked) when it charges it (without destroying it)? like in medieval time when knights charged gates using big tree parts to open the gate. Would be awesome no ? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2018 at 11:50 PM, CyanicEmber said:

Don't forget Brontos. As the only Apex-Class Herbivore tame apart from Therizino, I expect a lot more from them. Titanos and Gigas are both Capital-Class so they don't count in my book.

Also I honestly wouldn't mind having a second TLC pass on the Spino, give it REAL swimming animations please, and a decent looking bipedal anim set...

 

I don't think your using your Brontos right, or something.  WC just nerfed these a patch back for a reason.  They could sit and eat damage for days.  A tamed titan can't do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×