Tek Armour in Abberation

DLCProphet

Hello there dear survivor's,

Playing a while on abberation server make me kind fresh in that game after than all time in the island with some little problems. This time i wanna talk about Tek Armour, the armour which should provide such a big cover from hazards arround and other stuff while is powered. Been playing so long in official servers and i never found people using this armour to just enjoj of his possibilities due to high drain energy with short time of use some funny stuff. In abberation this armour is completly useless due to all poison area's and clouds made be shrroms in ground... I thought like Those armour's some day will be fixed / changed with their skills to make them less energy to use etc etc, but now using armour anywhere is useless due it doesnt provide any good defense even if is charged what should make this armour high common armour in game due some description says like this armour while powered provide high DEFENSE from hazards arround which actually is not true because even simple Chitin armour from blue drop have bigger Value of defense and durabiliti which make Tek Armour's so useless in all game content but whatever. The main problem is in Abberation map this tek suit should provide cover from area hazards like poison clouds , shrooms, even radiation due is high tech armour even the name is saying like this armour should be overpower against normal ones Even without their abbilities which are not so usefull at all.

Thats only my own complain about that due making tons of tests in official server's and the time spended in game with playing with huge tribes arrounds. All those stuff i think might be nice to see changed or fixed for some reason's. Ofc i understand people which gonna be against Those armours which actually is never used by players due their low armour / durabiliti is big weaknes while i should be much stronger. Sorry for bad english (still work on it). Hope ill see some comments which also gonna be similiar to mine due we all wanna enjoj of late game content which Tek tier should provide for us with global wars and also in normal day farming or taming whatever...

To be frank, The armor isn't technically designed as your "everyday wearing" and be too OP in PvP if more defense are applied, so its rather understandable why some of the higher-grade armor is more potent than this, especially since Tek Armor already gave you at least something per piece, like unlimited oxygen, jetpack and Super speed. I do agree that they need to make it so the armor can withstand the hazardous part (spores, radiation) Aberration gives however.

1 hour ago, Vaculity said:

There... is a way to enter rad zone with tek suit, if you don't mind something sticking to you for a while.

I won't say it here though, but others will get what I mean.

Still, as I said earlier, my words stand. They need to make tek suit immune to radiation as well.

He means lamprey. Its not a secret.

Heh , have to invest many things and time to get the tek engram as well as the material , get an armor that barely work in Abe , also apparently despite made of full metal it still weaker than Chitin .

The Effort vs Reward rate so bad in this game , in PvP  bigger tribe always win regardless they have tek gear or not , try to balance the game around smaller tribe is stupid....

I feel the same, you need to do so much to get the tek armor. Boss, breed Dino’s, losses, and all that time it takes to make elements on Abe. And yet the tek suit does not protect you from rad, and it’s weak overall. Does not motivate you to bother getting the tek armor. I mean, good flak gear is 10x better.

And tek armor should protect you from all stuff on a map like Abe..

5 minutes ago, Jtmorris said:

And like I said in another thread, tek should protect you from the pink River like the explorer note says. Perhaps it's just a bug that it doesn't. 

Well, if tek armor doesn't protect from radiation, its the same deal with elemental pink river. But having the said dino (lamprey) should be a work around. Just need to watch out for the spores since it isn't immune to it either.

On 2/4/2018 at 12:28 AM, Vaculity said:

Well, if tek armor doesn't protect from radiation, its the same deal with elemental pink river. But having the said dino (lamprey) should be a work around. Just need to watch out for the spores since it isn't immune to it either.

That's interesting about the lamprey. 

I wonder if they changed their minds about the armor protection, given the description in the explorer note. 

The one thing that so many people forget even playing into the character option of all this.  Abe is a broken ark and being so some tek elements do not work on it.  Take the transporter for instance.  That would be a game changer on a map like this one but it doesn't work on it.  It may have been an oversight on the devs part or part of their sinister plans to make us grind till we can't grind no more.  Hell if nothing else this theory has been floated around enough it may just make sense for them to use it now.  

1 hour ago, Shadowless28 said:

The one thing that so many people forget even playing into the character option of all this.  Abe is a broken ark and being so some tek elements do not work on it.  Take the transporter for instance.  That would be a game changer on a map like this one but it doesn't work on it.  It may have been an oversight on the devs part or part of their sinister plans to make us grind till we can't grind no more.  Hell if nothing else this theory has been floated around enough it may just make sense for them to use it now.  

In the explorer notes it shows that tek armor does work against radiation areas.

4 minutes ago, Shadowless28 said:

Fair enough but is the explorer note showing this before or after the ark is blown up?

After I think, but Id have to double check. Most of the explorer notes are from after, except a couple Diana ones. The bote in question was talking about someone diving in the pink stuff.

Archived