How to raise ravagers in the glowtail cave? (Old Railway Cave)

AdligerAdler

So what's the best way to do it?

Lead the young ravager into the cave when it's still a baby or wait until it's juvenile? Or how long can you wait until it's too big to fit through the gap? 

Also, can you get close enough to the cave entrance with a paracer and a trough on its saddle, or a raft with a trough? Or will the ravager always be out of trough reach?

Anything else of importance?

Thanks in advance.

1. Bring Ravager pair to the entrance
  2. Breed baby
  3. Claim and feed baby
  4. Lead baby inside just beyond the small opening
  5. Raise baby

Just beyond the small opening is sufficient. You don't want to go around the corner as you might pull a megalosaurus or scorpion that wandered too close. Just make sure you have sufficient meat on you to raise the baby to full maturation. Not sure if a through outside the cave has sufficient range. It might, but a raft is questionable there. Not to mention it's not a safe approach as it might get destroyed on your server.

14 hours ago, Olivar said:

Just beyond the small opening is sufficient. You don't want to go around the corner as you might pull a megalosaurus or scorpion that wandered too close. Just make sure you have sufficient meat on you to raise the baby to full maturation. Not sure if a through outside the cave has sufficient range. It might, but a raft is questionable there. Not to mention it's not a safe approach as it might get destroyed on your server.

Megalosaurus? Don't you mean Carno? I don't ever recall encountering any Mega inside the railway cave.

2 hours ago, Todgins said:

I've just tamed one inside, but by breeding you get to take advantage of the 30% dmg/resistance buff from imprinting.

I believe he's suggesting that you upload an imprinted ravager to Ark Creater Data like you would at an obelisk or drop, and then download it from a drop within that cave.

1 minute ago, Vaculity said:

... I lost 2 Ravager towards Mega simply because they keep grabbing and I can't get it killed in time.

Carno is a joke. I can just kill it with ravager with no issue.

Swords and pikes are your friend. If a mega is stupid enough to grab my ravager he gets hit by my sword and dies faster then my ravager would kill him.

Update:

Trough on paracer doesn't work. Can't get in range. I walked the paracer as deep as possible. But the ravager was soon able to carry a ton of meat so that's no problem. I put about 60 stacks raw meat in its inventory and still had a lot after 8 hours.

Paracer (trough inside the hut)

?

PS_Messages_20180131_131921.jpg

There is also the option of breeding Baryonix in there (just take an egg inside)

In our server we didn't manage to get the ravager babies in (they kept getting stuck mid air, like there was an invisible wall there) and gave the Baryonix a try. Works fine. They jump long enough to go trough the ledges without the need of ziplines and can get to all areas of the cave. Also, if you decide to clear those lakes the Bary is way better than the Ravager in the water.

I'm still trying to figure out why uploading it to a drop outside of that cave and downloading it from a drop inside of that cave isn't a viable option. I mean...if breeding in there for the sake of breeding in there is the goal, then yeah...for science! But if the only goal is to have ravagers in there...well...?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 1/30/2018 at 10:24 PM, Olivar said:

Swords and pikes are your friend. If a mega is stupid enough to grab my ravager he gets hit by my sword and dies faster then my ravager would kill him.

Goes for anything trying to pin you really. Every time a group of ravagers tried to pin mine, I would take out the sword and go ham.

Archived