Basilisk taming efficiency???

WolfBrink

Currently trying to tame a basil and it's effectiveness is already at 50% at 40% tamed. Why? Nothing has attacked it.

I drop the egg, get off the drake, it comes after me, after a minute it eats the egg, buries itself, then in about 3 and a half minutes it's usually ready to repeat the process. Why is the efficiency so low? Am I doing it wrong?

In my opinion it is better to use a mega, because it will stay aggroed on you the whole time and you can easily run circles around it with an imprinted mega. I would not recommend ravager but i have seen people do it xD Make sure you bring plenty of hazard suits in case gas breath hits you and breaks a piece. 

It was a red and black level 150 and the magnifying glass was showing 10k hp. I ended up killing it because a lot of stupid stuff happened involving other players and it's a long story. 

I don't know how it's possible to tame it without it burrowing. It will only eat the eggs when it looses aggro on me, eats the egg then before I got a chance to dismount and re aggro it would burrow. And when I tried on a ravager for 20 minutes it didn't eat a single egg I dragged it though when I maintained aggro the whole time. This was a major buzz kill.

On 1/31/2018 at 1:43 AM, WolfBrink said:

It was a red and black level 150 and the magnifying glass was showing 10k hp. I ended up killing it because a lot of stupid stuff happened involving other players and it's a long story. 

I don't know how it's possible to tame it without it burrowing. It will only eat the eggs when it looses aggro on me, eats the egg then before I got a chance to dismount and re aggro it would burrow. And when I tried on a ravager for 20 minutes it didn't eat a single egg I dragged it though when I maintained aggro the whole time. This was a major buzz kill.

It still ate the egg when its aggro'd on me, just need to keep running around in circles till you see the egg disappear when its running past. Its really questionable when its hungry for another egg (like not eating another egg as you specified), much like Titanoboa.

On 1/30/2018 at 4:10 AM, FallenSkyy said:

In my opinion it is better to use a mega, because it will stay aggroed on you the whole time and you can easily run circles around it with an imprinted mega. I would not recommend ravager but i have seen people do it xD Make sure you bring plenty of hazard suits in case gas breath hits you and breaks a piece. 

We did it with a super ravager xD simply pump speed, HP, melee and your good to go

Archived