Hobbies

Dconnelly9191

On 4/20/2018 at 5:10 AM, IanHighlander said:

I used to have hobbies... and a life...

then I found Ark...

I wonder the total amount of damage this game has caused as their is a sprawling list of people that got addicted to ark and have fallen into shambles. After you hit a alpha stage you kind of get bored and to be honest there is a point where you have done literally everything the game has to offer and it kind of just ends. Most find it around the 3000hr point so it takes a while. Once you hit that point it's kind of sad feeling when you reflect all the time you played this game and it all your work kind of drift away. You keep all the fun,crazy,frustrating and sad memories but, you find out wow I have so much free time now I quit ark. I think I will poke me head outside but, then you say nah time to no life some fort or pubg or what ever the hell suits your fancy as your a gamer and you just move on to the next game. After a while some do what I do and screw around on a pve server or troll with a pvp character once in a blue moon but, you won't ever want to completely rebuild all over again to a alpha stage as it is dreadfully long and painful.

• 3 weeks later...
On April 18, 2018 at 7:55 PM, PrimalBroom744 said:

I haven't heard anything about leaks and generally they fall rather flat. Black Marsh is a big nope as it is poisons virtually all outsiders other than a very small coastal section. Valenwood was one that has been on them minds of allot of people but,  it is a real possibility they could be a  rebellion against the Thalmor. However they always leave some hint of the next game in there previous. like morrowind to oblivion there was hints of unrest in the empire and oblivion had hints of skyrim from the various npcs talking of wars and unrest along the borders in the north as they had fear a war would escalate. The reason I feel hammerfell would be the next one is because the red guard mercenaries when confronted talked about the rebellion against the dominion is still alive and well in hammerfell.

Since only 3 countries that were apart of the empire werent took by conquest, black marsh is playable.  Skyrim, high rock, and cyrodil were allies from the beginning and morrowind was added by treaty, that means blackmarsh was conquered by invasion.  Obviously for that to of happened it has to be possible to navigate without dying from poison most of the time.  Just because there is poison swamps doesnt necessarily mean its all poisonous swamps lol.  I like the desert idea of yours to tho.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fishing. 

I haven't fished for about 20 years then last year it hit me and I wanted to bass fish and I was hooked, so much better than the high alpine lake trout I was use to as a kid.   Then I progressed to sturgeon.   My first sturgeon was a 7fter I hooked from shore and it breached the surface and looked like a giant magical water dragon then the fight was on.

Its too bad Ark doesn't have sturgeon in different sizes like coel ranging from itty bitty to basilo size.

Archived