Cross Ark Chat Program now with discord bot and linux support

Spikeydragoon

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:46 PM, Spikeydragoon said:

V1.8 is now live

Merged Windows discord versions together program should now run code based on os version. (Discord)

Separated discord chat from server chat to be able to handle discord 5/5 rate limit better. There will now be a 2 second delay on the discord side of the chat. (Discord)

Hi SpikeyDragon.

Thanks for this...  I'm trying it out but have run into some issues.

Firstly: chat is going across the maps ok, but not in to or out of  Discord ?  I'm a bit confused as to what "ServerChannelId" should be set to?  I've tried using the discord channel ID, but that's not working.

Secondly: I'm confused as to what "DiscordChannelID" should be?

Thirdly: Ark is showing the cross Ark chat in big yellow text which is a bit annoying.  Have you found a way to use a smaller font inside of Ark?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/14/2018 at 9:55 AM, DuoMog said:

Hi SpikeyDragon.

Thanks for this...  I'm trying it out but have run into some issues.

Firstly: chat is going across the maps ok, but not in to or out of  Discord ?  I'm a bit confused as to what "ServerChannelId" should be set to?  I've tried using the discord channel ID, but that's not working.

Secondly: I'm confused as to what "DiscordChannelID" should be?

Thirdly: Ark is showing the cross Ark chat in big yellow text which is a bit annoying.  Have you found a way to use a smaller font inside of Ark?

1: means either it hasnt been added or your using the wrong token you might be using client instead of bot token. ServerChannelID is only used when sending chat to its on channel. If you want all server to go to the same discord channel you just leave that as is.

2:DiscordChannelID is the main chat where it sends all chat to. This should be the master channel even if your using the separate chats.

3: Sadly no unless ark adds in support to change how rcon looks thats all i have with running pure rcon.

3 hours ago, Spikeydragoon said:

1: means either it hasnt been added or your using the wrong token you might be using client instead of bot token. ServerChannelID is only used when sending chat to its on channel. If you want all server to go to the same discord channel you just leave that as is.

2:DiscordChannelID is the main chat where it sends all chat to. This should be the master channel even if your using the separate chats.

3: Sadly no unless ark adds in support to change how rcon looks thats all i have with running pure rcon.

Thanks for your reply.  I'll double check the settings I put in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2018 at 8:04 AM, DerDanteDark said:

Hello Spikeydragoon,

I have problems with Cross ARK Chat for Discord. I'm not familiar with Linux, but I've done all the steps.

However, he tells me he can not start the file. Everything runs on the Raspberry Pi 3b + I hope you can help me.

For tracking this was handled over discord chat.

V1.9 is now live.
Admin commands now have option for their own channel and logging. (non Discord, Discord)

You can now set your own discord prefix for in-game chat. (Discord)

Added option to allow setting Rcon commands to certain discord roles. Discord role name must be typed EXZACTLY like it is listed in your role list in discord server settings. (Discord)

Added Custom Rcon command. This command allows you to run any api extended rcon commands through discord. d!rcon rconcommand is the default use. This also allows you to run any normal ark rcon as well so make sure to only give admins this command. (Discord)

Added option to make your own discord support channel for in-game use. Default prefix is /help. When typing the /help message in-game it will send the message to the set discord channel and if enabled ping a set discord role IE if you have a GM role for helping people. (Discord)

• 2 weeks later...

v2.1 is now live.
Fixed bug where discord would duplicate messages if you changed the discord prefix. (Discord)

Added purge command to purge discord messages that are not older than 2weeks. You can purge a max of 100 at a time. Example command is d!purge 50 (Discord)

Added option to enable/disable sending messages to discord. If enabled it will require you to use the set discordprefix in game. example is /discord hello discord. (Discord)

Changed the name of PrefixToSendChat to PrefixToSendAllServers (Discord)

Changed the /cc to /all (Discord)

Added a option to enable replys when someone uses the supportprefix. You can also edit the message that is sent. (Discord)

v3.0 is now live due to massive changes i skipped to v3.0

Note this massively changes the config so make sure to use the new configs.

Bot will now check for new versions at startup. If a new version is available it will show up in green in the console window.

New look for the console format. (Discord , Non Discord)

Massive code improvements. (Discord, Non Discord)

Added option to enable/disable servers and tribes without having to delete them from the config. (Discord, Non Discord)

Changed port to RconPort in the config. (Discord, Non Discord)

Added Query port to the config. (Discord, Non Discord)

Rolenames, servernames, and prefixes are no longer case sensitive. (Discord, Non Discord)

Added Rcon command timers. You also have option to set them to active or no so you dont have to delete unused timers. Any rcon supported command can be added to timers. (Discord, Non Discord)

Added new bot command serverinfo. This allows you to poll any server for info you just need the ip and query port. (Discord)

Added new bot command serverlist. This will list all servers that are active in your config. This will give info on the servers plus give a steam direct connect link. (Discord)

Added new commands in the discord role config. (Discord)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Spikeydragoon. You made an awesome work with this cross ark chat and I really like it!

I'm not sure where to post this so I'll try it here.

I encountered a problem with rcon. Everything works fine for some time At least for first two servers from my list of four, by some reason it doesn't work with Aberration and Ragnarok servers. For TheIsland and Scorched  I can read ark chat in discord and ark can read discord channels but after some time it stops working and nothing happens until I restart CrossDiscordArkChat.exe. RconErrors.txt is full of this line repeated every 10 secnds:

08:58:32_System.NullReferenceException: Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта.
   в CrossDiscordArkChat.CrossArkChatService.<GetChatMessageAsync>d__27.MoveNext()

Russian text here means "The object reference does not point to an instance of the object."

Ark Chat is running on same virtual machine as my servers, on server 2012 R2 standard.
options for servers are like this:

Spoiler

"Servers": [
    {
      "Map": "TheIsland",
      "IP": "[redacted].3.111",
      "RconPort": 32335,
      "QueryPort": 27017,
      "Password": "[redacted]",
      "Prefix": "/is",
      "Active": true,
      "ServerChannelId": [redacted]
    },
    {
      "Map": "Scorched",
      "RconPort": 32334,
      "QueryPort": 27018,
      "Prefix": "/se",
    },
    {
      "Map": "Aberration",
      "RconPort": 32332,
      "QueryPort": 27020,
      "Prefix": "/ab",
    },
    {
      "Map": "Ragnarok",
      "RconPort": 32333,
      "QueryPort": 27019,
      "Prefix": "/rg",
    }
  ],

where [redacted].3.111 is server's local IP. And all channel ID's are different ofc. I think all other settings are correct since it works for some times with first two servers.

So is there any solution for this?

@[EG] Comdriver W31 

It says that when it is unable to talk to the server. Only thing i can say is make sure all servers are online then start the bot for best results.

Make sure rcon is enabled and no other program is running the getchat command over rcon. Due to how rcon is coded only one program at a time can use getchat.

Make sure your chat settings for the last two servers are the same as the first two. I have been told if global chat is disabled the bot is unable to see any messages due to how rcon getchat command works. Im headed out for the night but for a faster reply you can join the cross ark discord im usually active on there where here not so much.

• 1 month later...
v3.1 is now live.

Bot will now check for new versions at startup. If a new version is available it will show up in green in the console window.

Added option to disable/enable logging for different things.. (Discord , Non Discord)

Added option to make custom in-game commands that have text replys. (Discord, Non Discord)

v3.2 is now live
Fixed all rcon commands. All rcon commands are not bound to the correct value per arks updated wiki page.

Added reboot bot command. This should close and restart the bot itself. I have not tried this on linux version so if it doesn't work properly let me know.

Added option to add custom filter tags. This allows you to add mod tags so the bot will ignore them. IE for the ACM mod can add ACM[CMD] to ignore all commands from that bot so they dont get added to chat.

Combined Discord and non discord versions. You now just enable or disable the discord side

Massive code reworks and clean ups due to merging the discord and non discord versions.

Hi Spikey.

Is there an option to send RCON chat into a Discord channel without sending it to other servers.  Also, to NOT send Discord chat to any map.

I'm just thinking that it would be a great way to monitor chat on the servers without cluttering the in-game chat.

Many Thanks.

v3.3 is now live. Note due to config changes make sure to use the new file.

Fixed both admin commands not sending and prefixs not working.

Added option to enable/disable player join/leave notifications for discord.

Added option to use the Word replacement list. This allows you to replace words/lettings with another word/letter. (This is mostly for unicode based languages to replace some of their letters/words to a non unicode version however it can be used to replace anything) Note this doesn't completely fix Arks rcon not support unicode due to any chat coming from ark will still have ? for unicode based words however it does allow all unicode from discord to ark to be corrected.

18 hours ago, DuoMog said:

Hi Spikey.

Is there an option to send RCON chat into a Discord channel without sending it to other servers.  Also, to NOT send Discord chat to any map.

I'm just thinking that it would be a great way to monitor chat on the servers without cluttering the in-game chat.

Many Thanks.

@DuoMog No option to just monitor chat.

Hi Spikey, love your program, but I found a couple issues with it I'm hoping maybe you can address in a further release.  I'm currently running 3.1 (I know not quite the latest and greatest) but I don't see anything that would indicate my #1 problem being solved.  For me, the reason I had to stop using the program.

#1 - Local chat is getting sent to all other maps in the cluster.  So what happens is lets say two people are talking on Map1.  They are talking in local chat because they want their conversation to be somewhat private.  Every other map sees the messages.  I currently have 6 maps in my cluster, and so their (local) chat ends up being broadcast to Maps 2-6.  Map 1 doesn't see the message, probably because its the originating server, but every other map does.  This, unfortunately, caused an issue with a user on one of my servers who was sharing something private with another user.  And while I reminded them that Local chat isn't necessarily private because others can come within the radius where they would see it, they didn't expect all 5 other maps to see their conversation.  

#2 - Sometimes admin commands are being broadcasted, even though I have that feature turned off.  Not sure why.  Not a game breaker, but annoying.

#3 - Sometimes a chat message will get re-sent back to the originating server.  Instead of it saying what server name its from, it will just say (SERVER) and then the person's name and message.  Not a game breaker, but annoying.

Hoping maybe you can do something about #1 so that I can re-introduce this to my cluster.  It really is a great program.

NTengineer

On 11/7/2018 at 6:14 PM, ntengineer said:

Hi Spikey, love your program, but I found a couple issues with it I'm hoping maybe you can address in a further release.  I'm currently running 3.1 (I know not quite the latest and greatest) but I don't see anything that would indicate my #1 problem being solved.  For me, the reason I had to stop using the program.

#1 - Local chat is getting sent to all other maps in the cluster.  So what happens is lets say two people are talking on Map1.  They are talking in local chat because they want their conversation to be somewhat private.  Every other map sees the messages.  I currently have 6 maps in my cluster, and so their (local) chat ends up being broadcast to Maps 2-6.  Map 1 doesn't see the message, probably because its the originating server, but every other map does.  This, unfortunately, caused an issue with a user on one of my servers who was sharing something private with another user.  And while I reminded them that Local chat isn't necessarily private because others can come within the radius where they would see it, they didn't expect all 5 other maps to see their conversation.  

#2 - Sometimes admin commands are being broadcasted, even though I have that feature turned off.  Not sure why.  Not a game breaker, but annoying.

#3 - Sometimes a chat message will get re-sent back to the originating server.  Instead of it saying what server name its from, it will just say (SERVER) and then the person's name and message.  Not a game breaker, but annoying.

Hoping maybe you can do something about #1 so that I can re-introduce this to my cluster.  It really is a great program.

NTengineer

@ntengineer

#1 isnt really in my control its a setting on your server that cause local chat to show up. In rcon i just run the get chat command so anything thats set to go to it will. I dont remember which setting it was but someone said they was about to turn it off in the ark ini.

#2 This is fixed in new v3.4 was a tag issue that has been fixed.

#3 This has also fixed in v3.4 also a tag issue.

Im about to release 3.4 in a few min after i get done updating the readme on github.

@DuoMogThat setting is now back in v3.4 just endable prefix and leave send to discord set to true and it will send to discord only  even if the prefix isnt used (IE monitor option) However if prefix is used it will still send chat. IF you need an option that only gets chat without the option to send let me know and ill see what i can do but if you dont tell them about the prefix its tech the same :)

2 minutes ago, Spikeydragoon said:

@DuoMogThat setting is now back in v3.4 just endable prefix and leave send to discord set to true and it will send to discord only  even if the prefix isnt used (IE monitor option) However if prefix is used it will still send chat. IF you need an option that only gets chat without the option to send let me know and ill see what i can do but if you dont tell them about the prefix its tech the same :) 

Thanks Spikey, I'll give it a try when I'm home from work.

V3.4 Is now live. Note due to changes to the config file make sure to use the new one.

• Fixed player notifications not going to the correct channel.
  • Fixed chat not going to discord when both prefixes and send to discord was enabled.
  • Fixed game commands not working.
  • Added Rcon tags and settings to the config file. (Gives you more control of how the bot works)
  • Added option to change what the player notification says in the config file.

• 2 weeks later...

V3.5 is now live. Note due to changes to the config file make sure to use the new one.

• Fixed null errors. Bot will no longer show null errors i ment to fix the null check a while back but forgot.
  • Added new online player tracker. This will keep a count of how many people are on the servers and update the discord channel description with the count. Format looks like 0/100.
  • The new player tracker does two things.
  •  If UsePlayerCountChannelUpdater is set to true the bot will update the DiscordChannelID channel description with the total player count of all servers. Example if you have 50 people across 5 servers each server having a max count of 100 the bot will show 50/500 at the top of the channel.
  •  If you use the SendServerChatToOwnChannel option the bot will update not only the above channel but will give the online count of each server for its own channel. Example instead of showing 50/500 it would show 10/100 if you had a max player count of 100 with 10 online.
  • BIG NOTICE this uses steams system so it shows what steam can see so if its not showing correct nothing i can do about it. Example if 10 are really online but steam is only saying 6 are on cant help ya.

• 3 weeks later...

v4.0 is now live. Note due to massive changes make sure to use the new config.

• Fixed players name only showing first word when having a multi word name.
  • Fixed tribe logs and messages getting squashed into the same message. I changed the code that runs the getchat command due to changes in ark i can now parse per line to split messages up.
  • Changed the player count system over to rcon from steam. This was due to steam being to inaccurate.
  • Changed the player notification system to use the word filter so you can keep markdowns from happening when not wanted when a player has a special character in their names.
  • Added option to change the format of tribe logs. Tribe logs can now be changed to a short readable message in both plain text or a nice message bubble. You can still chose to the the full tribe log however it will not be formatted by the bot you will have to use the word filter to format it yourself.
  • Added option to change the discord logging severity. This allows you to have the bot just show normal information or extremely detailed for troubleshooting. Default level is now info. I recommend verbose for troubleshooting. Full list of different options. (Critical, Debug, Error, Info, Verbose, and Warning) Note with more details it will fill your log file up.
  • Added option to send a notification to discord when cross ark chat has a new update available.
  • Added option to send the patch notes to discord when a cross ark chat has a new update available.
  • Added option to add words before and after the player count so you can make it show a custom messages instead of just the 0/100 format.

Archived