Reapers

charliebop10

Okay. So my friends and I would play aberration with customized settings to make us OP. But recently we thought to try playing on all default settings and for the most part we did really good. Until we got to the surface, we weren't clearly and we ended up getting 1 hit by the tail attack from a reaper. We made a bunch of traps and got ready to go back we made a small structure (I forgot to mention 1 thing we kept was no structure damage) after grinding the metal and other resources we made balista turrets and thought we finally had an edge. But we didnt. They would not die we all had bulb dogs. Also 1 of us was shining a charge lantern at it. We ended up dying of course which really frustrated everyone so we made another game just to cheat and see what it takes to kill 1 reaper. These are our results.

Level 100 giga (no light) couldn't kill a reaper 

Light + 40 rockets (turret) was one of the only things that could kill it and that's just 1 reaper. 

Other results was 15 tek turrets no light was unable to kill 1

3 gigas no light = unable to kill 

And a few others. I understand aberration is advanced but does anyone else have this problem? (This isn't ment to be a rant or a major complain just looking to see if I'm doing something wrong or if there's any tips. Thank you for anyone who responds) 

Since you are talking about the surface, Id assume king...

Kings have very low hp, and very high damage. Since you played around with the settings, I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the wild dino settings werent adjusted to default correctly, because on official, default settings, kings go down quickly but not without applying a lot of pain first.

It also depends on if you shining a light on it set it on fire. If it didnt, the debuff is not applied and they retain 90% damage resist as well as godlike regen. That would explain the invulnerability.

... Lets see.

3 hours ago, charliebop10 said:

Okay. So my friends and I would play aberration with customized settings to make us OP. But recently we thought to try playing on all default settings and for the most part we did really good. Until we got to the surface, we weren't clearly and we ended up getting 1 hit by the tail attack from a reaper. We made a bunch of traps and got ready to go back we made a small structure (I forgot to mention 1 thing we kept was no structure damage) after grinding the metal and other resources we made balista turrets and thought we finally had an edge. But we didnt. They would not die we all had bulb dogs. Also 1 of us was shining a charge lantern at it. We ended up dying of course which really frustrated everyone so we made another game just to cheat and see what it takes to kill 1 reaper. These are our results.

Level 100 giga (no light) couldn't kill a reaper 

Light + 40 rockets (turret) was one of the only things that could kill it and that's just 1 reaper. 

Other results was 15 tek turrets no light was unable to kill 1

3 gigas no light = unable to kill 

And a few others. I understand aberration is advanced but does anyone else have this problem? (This isn't ment to be a rant or a major complain just looking to see if I'm doing something wrong or if there's any tips. Thank you for anyone who responds) 

Reaper Kings 1-shot most players if they do not boast enough defence (armor-wise) and health. Based on the first bold, I assume you and your friend didn't have those stated.

Second Bold: What is the Emission radius of your bulb dog? the charge light must be touching the Reaper King for it to have the debuff effect (You will be able to tell if its affected when the yellow glow is around it).

Charge Light temporarily works for a while just to 'stun'. Without any other charge light source, its useless, based on the third bold.

Unless you are telling me you have a level 2k Giga or a fully imprinted giga with overwhelming dmg, its impossible to fully kill a reaper king, much more than less an alpha variant. Without charge Light, Reaper King has natural resistance against any form of damage, kinda like how you put a Better-grade (Ramshackle+ Grade) saddle with better armor rating on a saddle-placable dino. The biggest bet is to always try and kill it with a charge light dino active with its charge light, and then even a level 100 Giga will stand a chance on killing it.

Also, you are lucky that is a regular Reaper King (Subterranean/Surface). Had it been an alpha, or a Tamed variant (Tamed has a variety of color in its mid region, and you only find it a threat in pvp, which obviously you shouldn't be worried about), you will have more than just yourself and friend to worry about should it change its target to elsewhere nearby owned by you.

Archived