XBox Dedicated Server on PC

I would like to think that I am not the only person in the following situation:

•   I am an Xbox One gamer.
  •   I own one Xbox One.
  •   I would like to host a dedicate server for my friends only.
  •   I own one pretty good PC.
  •   I would like to use my PC to host a dedicated Xbox One Ark: Survival Evolved (later to be referred to as "Ark") Server

What I am not asking for here is a cross platform server.  I am not expecting players from PC, Xbox and PS4 to be able to play together (although that would be really awesome).

Precisely what I am asking for here is: to server Ark from my PC to an invite only Xbox One community of players.

Since Ark is a PC game capable to hosting a dedicated server for players on PCs and we live in a wonderful world where our Xboxes are glorified (dumbed down) PCs; this doesn't seem like it would be much of a stretch.

@McJeepers

That's Great!  Would you be able to supply a link or two with regard to this topic?  I looked around on this forum and didn't find anything (terrible finding skills, not a Hufflepuff)

I have an enormous interest in this topic and would like it to remain afloat and up to date.

Thank you so much, in advance!

• 2 months later...

After trying frantically to find a way to play this game with my wife, I have also gotten this idea in my head. If I could host a server on my PC, and have us both playing on Xbox ... That would be amazing. Way better than split screen even  

I know this topic is a few months old. Is this possible yet? Any word on the progress?

On 4/29/2016 at 10:47 AM, AdamB said:

After trying frantically to find a way to play this game with my wife, I have also gotten this idea in my head. If I could host a server on my PC, and have us both playing on Xbox ... That would be amazing. Way better than split screen even  

I know this topic is a few months old. Is this possible yet? Any word on the progress?

I haven't seen them discuss this at all lately.  AdamB, if you would like to have a safe place to play, I have plenty of space on my private server, so that you and your wife could play together.  It's PVE, high rates for everything, so PM if you're interested.  There's only a few of us that play right now due to time constraints, but you're more than welcome if you would like to just mess around and experiment with stuff.  Just PM me and I'll give you the info.

3 hours ago, McJeepers said:

I haven't seen them discuss this at all lately.  AdamB, if you would like to have a safe place to play, I have plenty of space on my private server, so that you and your wife could play together.  It's PVE, high rates for everything, so PM if you're interested.  There's only a few of us that play right now due to time constraints, but you're more than welcome if you would like to just mess around and experiment with stuff.  Just PM me and I'll give you the info.

Very kind of you man! Only thing is, we don't have anything for her to play on. That's what I'm trying to figure out. Buy new PC, buy Xbox ... That's what I'm trying to decide. 

• 9 months later...

the link you posted is an article from last year my friend, but there is Jeremy on twitter stating now they have more time to work on the client's side. Which is us gamers, on optimization and he also hints around with Xbox, ps4, and Xbox playing together. Jeremy said with the nearing of the completion on tek tier we will have more time to work on the client side. Looking forward on upcoming patches with hopefully 50% optimization in the near future. Then he stated we found in the depths of the game the Dino getting stuck in the tree issue and may have found the Dino disappearing around resources.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived