Welcome our new Argy overlords! (Beaver vs Argy)

DarthaNyan

i don’t think the smithy saddle was ever fitting for the beaver to begin with. i get that it has a weight reduction for wood, but that reduction is a bit redundant for a smithy.

beer barrels and behemoth gates are the only things i can think of off the top of my head that, as smithy craftables, rely on wood as the main resource. but even for behemoth gates, you need an equal amount of stone and thatch.

the majority of craftable items in a smithy are reliant on metal and/or stone as their primary resource. the beaver does not fit this role at all.

the idea of a mobile smithy is nice, but i don’t think it’s nearly as convenient to run around on the ground with a beaver as it would be to fly around with an argy. you are limited to what a beaver can walk over and the horrid speed of a quetzal otherwise.i suppose you could use a thorny dragon, but you are still limited to how far you can go on a land-based tame.

i always used to go on metal and stone runs with an argent back in the day, so i think it makes perfect sense to put a smithy with the argent. would be cool if the argent had a tek saddle that gave it a mobile fab/replicator.

plus the argent looks amazing now. :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Thorium said:

Why compare argy to beaver? Just combine them. Argy can carry beaver, win-win situation. Farm wood using your argy + beaver. Maybe even gives the beaver some kind of usefulness as a farmer back. The mammoth outclasses the beaver anyway.

i see some good utility there, especially after the tlc update comes out. carry the beaver with the beak and carry a doedic with the claws. that’s the wombo combo for harvesting right there!

On 01/02/2018 at 1:33 AM, BookofBlade said:

you are not going to find any stats better than the eggs you could buy pre tame need those bonus level from the tame to see what they really become and you can get some massive jumps with those had a 220% dmg mega jump up to 402% post tame and it was only a 135 so just need to get silly lucky

So ive only been taming anything with over 30 points in a stat, when i should really be taming everything.

6 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Why bother with chainsaw, getting overweight and then transferring inventories when good mammoth collects wood just as well?

because it probably harvests faster and with higher quantities than the mammoth. and the mammoth has wood weight reduction. seems efficient to me. even if there’s an extra step in transferring all, that takes an entire second to accomplish lol. take into account that his mammoth probably has really good weight and can carry him without the wood weight reduction for a bit.

On 2/2/2018 at 11:57 AM, Demigod said:

because it probably harvests faster and with higher quantities than the mammoth. and the mammoth has wood weight reduction. seems efficient to me. even if there’s an extra step in transferring all, that takes an entire second to accomplish lol. take into account that his mammoth probably has really good weight and can carry him without the wood weight reduction for a bit.

yeah, and i dont have a lot of wood close, so.... a good chainsaw is better

On 1/29/2018 at 3:02 AM, gsneale said:

Have to say since reading about new saddle our tribes been  out knocking out argies 130+ looking to start new breeding line and we havent found one bird with stats good enough to warrant taming. also had the same problem with rexes, 2 months of knocking out rexes for no result ended up buying eggs. Wondering if devs have lowered high stats to make people breed more for mutations to get those high numbers. Maybe we are just really unlucky.

May just be unlucky. In the last week I've gotten;

4014 hp, 1220 stamina, 760 weight. 

I have higher stamina right now on a 1 mute (not stat inherited just color) female as well as higher attack gotten over the xmas event (408). I'm still looking for unicorn weight though. 760 is nice but I want 800+ as a starter so I'm going to keep knocking them out. 

On 1/29/2018 at 11:51 AM, Demerus said:

adding smithy capability to the argy saddle is overkill especially considering it can pick up a beaver and take it where it needs to go.

Why don't they just give the argy a wing attack like the wyv and make it gather wood and thatch too while they are at it. Let's make the beaver more useless. /s

beaver has already been nerfed when they boosted mammoth wood reduction. As it is, the beaver has become a overglorified smithy with some wood gathering capability. Now that is even being taken away.

It renders the beaver saddle obsolete because the argy has better carry weight which means you will be able to fit more ingots and heavy matts into it's inventory to craft better grade saddles.

Give it resource weight reduction for stuff you find on top of mountains and cliffs. Crystal and obsidian. No problem. but smithy capability makes no sense.

I do agree this is going to hurt the beaver's value. 

Argy- higher weight, will get who knows all what in weight reduction, more mobile, easier tame. 

The beaver already suffers next to the thorny for the simple fact of eggs vs live birth. 

That being said. I'm working on my Argy line for the trade market. :P

2 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

May just be unlucky. In the last week I've gotten;

4014 hp, 1220 stamina, 760 weight. 

I have higher stamina right now on a 1 mute (not stat inherited just color) female as well as higher attack gotten over the xmas event (408). I'm still looking for unicorn weight though. 760 is nice but I want 800+ as a starter so I'm going to keep knocking them out. 

Yeah turned around for us this week. Picked up 6 birds with high stats in different categories. Also managed to trade for an egg with base 299, then grabbed an argie with 2 more points in food so when I combine them should end up with 301 argie.

Archived